Which dungeon you find is fun

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So which dungeon you find is fun to run and what issues do you have with it?

For me it is Ascalonian Catacombs because of the nostalgic memories of GW1 and that the first half of the dungeons is made to test who have mastered the dodging mechanics of the game and who have not when you fight the LT boss. It not what i say a easy dungeon nor too hard since those with experience of the dungeon can handle most of the challenges without dieing more than 3 times but it isn’t friendly to people who have no experience with the dungeon at all.

Only issue is the lack of people going to this dungeon. I would expect more people going here with the Legendary Weapon ingredient for Sunrise, Twilight, Flameseeker, and Bolt being Gift of Ascalonian (considering a large amount of the GW2 community wants Sunrise or Twilight) or for the AC weapons(for lvl 60 gear or for skinning lvl 80 weapon) but it seems everyone want that CoF weapon and armor set. Making finding a AC group with people who have gone through the dungeon more than 1 time hard.

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

All dungeons are awful now. Lol.

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

I liked TA. The Nightmare Court is pretty cool, very dark looking, and then makes me hungry as if I should go eat a salad. The visuals are nice, and it’s an interesting place.

The last fight in the Story Mode was like…uhh, I have to fight them, really? I’m pretty sure I’m going to get destroyed! But then after it’s figured out, pretty easily done.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

CoF and SE.

Haven’t tried a lot of dungeons yet.

EdwinLi.1284

Well I suggest you start going to the Dungeon that has the Legendary Ingredient you need soon so you can start building up to the 500 tokens. Sadly people don’t do dungeon runs for the weapon/gear skins since they mostly care about stats of the weapon/gear rather then the skin of the weapon/gear.

Posted by: Lorandriel.5491

Lorandriel.5491

Lol tokens should be the last thing you worry about with your Legendary. Karma is where you need to start since it wont fill up your inventory.

EdwinLi.1284

Lol tokens should be the last thing you worry about with your Legendary. Karma is where you need to start since it wont fill up your inventory.

nah I can work on karma as I work on getting 100% world. After all half the fun of exploring 100% world is the amount of different events you encounter while exploring.

Currently now the hassle is the Tokens for dung gear or legendary ingredient because of the lack of people enter dungeons like AC, TA, and the others because most of the dungeoners are focused on CoF. Sometimes I wish they would sell the armor/weapon skins of the dung for a cheaper token price than the equipment itself so people would be more motivated to going to those dungeons for the equipment skins like the AC weapons being the ones that have the appearance of a normal weapon in the morning and ghost weapon at night.

(PS I said selling weapon/armor skins. Not the equipment being cheaper it self)

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Posted by: Lorandriel.5491

Lorandriel.5491

You need 525000 karma for the shards, then a guesstimate 1000000 more for mystic clovers. Not going to get 1% of that doing world completion.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

Arah Explorable is MAD fun!

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

None of them. I was only interested in them for the XP and money. Good job Anet.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: andrewriggio.2678

andrewriggio.2678

I kinda dig AC. That one stairwell where you come out and the flamethrowers are on the walls and the spiders swarm you is a heck of a challenge if you miss the timing. Good times.

EdwinLi.1284

None Interests you now Rebel?
Well if those don’t then maybe the 2 new dungeons Anet plan to release sometime in 2013 as Major updates along with 6 new areas will.

Posted by: MaceUK.4589

MaceUK.4589

None of them are fun. Dying over and over is not fun. Having a hard challenge is but these dungeons are impossible.

Posted by: Mechastrike.7803

Mechastrike.7803

Some dungeons are simply too hard (Ascelonian defending collectors from burrows that you cannot hit and monster after spawn go straight to them). Some provide some sort of challenge with evade timing (which is fun). A few are bugged. (which is very annoying).

Many dungeons for me are one time challange because if you don’t get reward worth time and effort (and coins in repairs) why even go there?

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

the ones in secret world.

oh wait, you meant in gw2? I thought you were talking about fun…

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Arah SP is fun up to Zhaitan.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

pre-patch
lore: AC
gameplay: SE

My least fav gameplay was: TA
least fav lore: CM

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

I don’t find any dungeon fun. They give poor rewards (lolhat) for the initial completion of story mode and piddly silver that doesn’t cover the cost of running through them.

In a few words? Trash.

EdwinLi.1284

Most of you forgotten that Anet announced their main plan for dungeons from the start was to reward people with special unique weapon/armor skins you can only get from running the specific dungeons by trading the dungeon tokens. They were never meant to be something you can farm for rare gears and make a fortune on.

It is also why they made Legendary weapons require a certain dungeon to obtain 1 of the ingredients.

Posted by: Arc.1425

Arc.1425

None of the story modes were fun for me but I tolerated their mindlessly long playthroughs. I mildly enjoyed the CoF speedruns before the patch but was quickly bored by the repetition so I tried some different dungeons. Long story short: everything is bugged. So I don’t enjoy anything.

Posted by: masterXXpoop.9314

masterXXpoop.9314

I wouldn’t even mind the nerf if they gave you at least enough money to cover ports/repairs. I don’t know how you could even justify spending the time/effort to get the so called legendary weapons (skins). Maybe the greatswords because they do actually look cool but pretty much none of the other ones.

Posted by: Nides.5046

Nides.5046

Most of you forgotten that Anet announced their main plan for dungeons from the start was to reward people with special unique weapon/armor skins you can only get from running the specific dungeons by trading the dungeon tokens. They were never meant to be something you can farm for rare gears and make a fortune on.

It is also why they made Legendary weapons require a certain dungeon to obtain 1 of the ingredients.

Sure, but you still have to farm them to get enough tokes to get anything. And who wants to farm stuff that isn’t fun? Nobody, that’s who…

Erie Olfuss 80 Ranger
Nides Ivmorch 80 Engineer
Gennavie Olfuss 80 Warrior

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

CoE,coz it looks like Tron.And I kinda digged Honor of the waves.(If you look close you can see the whole dungeon is leaned)

Posted by: dardor.9508

dardor.9508

I still like CoF. Just the bugs are very annoying.

Game day is 12:00 AM GMT to 11:59 PM GMT. Nothing resets in between those times!

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

AC story mode was awesome rlly, CoF is great explorable (ignoring the new patch)(didnt like the story) Arah was fun with story cept the end… that was just lame… rlly… killing that kitten dragon should have been something better haven’t tried exp yet tho.. maybe is better there

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

Posted by: Thaetus.6954

Thaetus.6954

CoF Rhiannon path. Except for the part where you don’t get a reward for finishing it

Posted by: Whitenight.5106

Whitenight.5106

Arah dungeon is the best one that provide doable difficulty. cept the Zhaitan slaying which was awkward spamming 1 button on your keyboard.

Sorrow’s embrace is one of the most painful dungeon with Kudu’s 3 golems.
Problem with story mode is it is so long and difficult you would only do it once. (cept CM)

Posted by: Dan.8213

Dan.8213

While i love the game and was really looking forward to the dungeons, i’ve just tried AC for the first time (twice actually) and i have to say i am very disappointed! It’s just not fun AT ALL!! Frustration is the word i would use! My first run, we cleared very easy (lucky good group), even so, its just spank, spank, spank except the lovers. Everything has way too much HP and hits unbelievably hard! My second run we got half way and i spent so much silver on repairs i thought i’m gonna have to stop other wise i’ll spend all my money lol That isn’t fun! ANet, sort it out, lower HP and Hit Points! At least for Story mode lol

The design and atmosphere is top notch though i might add, just like the rest of the game! The challenge though is not fun, and at the end i came away with nothing to shout about, a new hat that looked like the old one i had but this was a yellow! Wow!

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Story mode: Rank of best dungeon
TA – 1 – Fights are fun and enjoyable aside from the hammer trash mob + pack of only hounds. Final fight rocks in a good pug. 4 manning it was the best experience.

CoF – 2 – Like the look and the bosses were enjoyable. Final fight was fun, but not the best.

SE – 3 – Dungeon is ok. Bosses are underwhelming, either too easy (final) or too tedious (Kudo’s golems).

CM Pre-buffed up state – 4 – Was too easy. Got amazing money/xp before the nerf, but even I thought it was too much when I took a guildie from 64 → 80 in the same day doing one dungeon.

Arah – 5 – Long and boring. Bosses are kinda fun (grub eater + Mouth +killing the actual dragons on the airship). Final boss is disappointing compared to the dragon killing earlier.

AC – 6 – I hate that it is enclosed and the 3rd person camera SUCKS inside. The AI gets you killed as he charges off into traps and promptly agros elementalist and rangers alike. If I am turning in the tight enclosed hallways it is irritating to see. Mobs hit hard and bosses bounce from easier than trash (ranger guy) to difficult (first time killing lovers). Lack luster end boss who ends up being a tank’n’spank kill with minimal dodging.

Have not run CoE storymode fully yet. Couldn’t get a group so me and two others went in naked and got about 1/2 way.

Posted by: TwistedWarrior.8613

TwistedWarrior.8613

Joke question?

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

I would say Arah with the airships but then I remembered Zhaitan and to avoid spoilers, all the “Am I even hitting him?” moments. Such a dissapointing dungeon since the buildup was so cool.

Posted by: Destroyer NZ.7461

Destroyer NZ.7461

I dont like any of the dungeons.

Posted by: Pinku.5012

Pinku.5012

They are fun to do. Its just u don’t get much loot from them. And after patch not even exp or gold.

If they remove repair cost and 1-2 rare( or ecto) every 5 runs, i won’t mind doing them.

Posted by: afflaq.3947

afflaq.3947

Crucible of Eternity is a LOT of fun in story mode – the whole thing is pretty action packed with all of the screen shake and stuff going on; but I have a special place in my heart for any dungeon packed with fire, so I’ll go with Citadel of Flame, post-buff.

Darkwing [hug], Charr Thief | Charred [hug] – Charr Elementalist | Crystal Desert

Posted by: Foxodi.4809

Foxodi.4809

Out of the 5 dungeons I’ve done, TA is my favorite by far. It looks stunning and the fights are fun and engaging.

EdwinLi.1284

Well you still get the same reward before the patch once a day. The system works as first run of the day is the same reward as before the patch but as you run this path more times the rewards gradually reduce. If you want to still get 26 silver from a dungeon run then it best just to do that certain dungeon once a day. However, if you want that certain dungeon gear you’re welcomed to go run it more times a day for more tokens.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I actually liked Arah the best.

I think it was the airships

:D

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

CM Seraph path, the part where you have to blow up the door. Pop in the Benny Hill theme and have a laugh. It’s the most fun i had in a while.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Sorrow’s Embrace has been my favorite so far.

After that, it would be a toss up between Acalonian Catacombs and Twilight Arbor.

I’m finding them very engaging and challenging. There is also some solid repeatability as our groups try to tackle them with fewer deaths and smoother fights each time we go in.

I will add that my experiences in the dungeons have been primarily with guild groups who work well together, use ventrilo and have the patience to understand that just because we die horribly a few times doesn’t mean the fight is broken – it means we need to adjust our strategy. We haven’t found a fight yet that we cannot get through (in the proper way) with this approach.