Which profession should I pick?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ChasingTheDragon.1534

ChasingTheDragon.1534

So I was just wondering, what profession/class would give me the best chance of getting into raids / dungeons etc. ?
I’m thinking doing a chronomancer as they seem to be in demand but I dont know if thats true and if not then whats the best profession/class for me to go with to have a good chance of getting in to raids / dungeons?

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

So I was just wondering, what profession/class would give me the best chance of getting into raids / dungeons etc. ?
I’m thinking doing a chronomancer as they seem to be in demand but I dont know if thats true and if not then whats the best profession/class for me to go with to have a good chance of getting in to raids / dungeons?

Every raid generally takes 1 Chrono, 1 Rev, 2 PS Warriors, 1 or 2 Druids, and then fills the rest of the spots with a combination of Elementalists and Necros depending on the encounter.

Your best bet would probably be a PS Warrior or Elementalist, statistically speaking.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

You can take any class into dungeons, so few people run them that they are happy to take anyone who’s at least level 80.

Chrono is probably the most demanding class to play in a raid, many encounters will require you to tank and you’ll need a level of familiarity with the encounter to get this done. I recommend starting out with a basic DPS/Condi role, but check out the other ‘best classes to raid with’ topics in this forum to get an idea of what will be expected.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

PS War is pretty easy though it’s generally not hard to find. Rev is also pretty easy if you get the CC rotation down which you can easily practice, and figuring out when to CC during a raid boss is easily figured out if you watch a video or read a guide like dulfy. Rev and war also share the same armor weight for ascended which is nice. Dragon hunter is also good at damage and providing protection and very easy to master, just again making sure you know when to CC. And again heavy armor.

Condi necro is not that difficult but that armor is only good for necro and won’t translate to Mesmer or ele. Ele is also good but very squishy so the damage mechanics are less forgiving with this class when learning which could prove to be difficult. Theif is also a bit squishy but the rotation is easy, tho it offers little utility. Engi is very niche for VG boss. Ranger is always needed but I would steer away from that as well if you are new.

Basically heavy armor classes are relatively easy, in demands, and you can transfer armor between them. I would recommend one of them. I also agree with above post regarding Chrono. I would not play that starting out. I don’t play it and mine is fully geared with ascended but the rotation is demanding compared to most. So I don’t bother cause I’m lazy like that lol.

(edited by Andraus.3874)