Which professions will useful in raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: tygeddar.5978

tygeddar.5978

Hello!
I am started play recently. And i have few question about necessity my class in PvE.
I am play at thief. But i read at forum that thief usseless in raid. Its true? If yes, then which class demand? For example me pretty guardian? Him can be usefull?
Regards!

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

in general, groups always want minimum one of of these:
Chrono(tank)
PS Berserker
Tempest
Druid
Herald

Tempests tend to be wanted in greater numbers due to high dps and utility, but it depends a bit on which boss you are fighting on what else to pick. Thieves and guardians are fine in raids, but not every group use them.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Dragonhunter is most useful for slothasor. Perma protection from hammer + projectile reflections, blocks and condi clears.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Daredevil is useful in Raids, but not required. “Required” classes are Druid, Chrono, Herald, PS Warrior because of their buffs and utilities, but aside from that, anything comes in handy as long as you know your rotations and the mechanics well. You don’t even need Ascended as long as you know how to play well!

Posted by: tygeddar.5978

tygeddar.5978

Ty for detailed answer!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Daredevil is useful in Raids, but not required. “Required” classes are Druid, Chrono, Herald, PS Warrior because of their buffs and utilities, but aside from that, anything comes in handy as long as you know your rotations and the mechanics well. You don’t even need Ascended as long as you know how to play well!

Daredevil is probably the least useful of all classes since its biggest merit is single target dps. Whereas the other dps classes have more damage and aoe (ele), epidemic (necro) and slick shoes (engi).

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Daredevil is probably the least useful of all classes since its biggest merit is single target dps. Whereas the other dps classes have more damage and aoe (ele), epidemic (necro) and slick shoes (engi).

I know, but according to what OP says he only has a Daredevil so well, trying to cut some slack for the dude :/ Any other class would be better, but you can still make it in with a DD.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah its still fine as its still top end dps. Im just telling the honest truth. No point lying to the poor fellow.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Thieves are good on the last boss of the 1st raid wing, and are good dps in general, but most of the fights there is probably something more well suited, because of other utilities brought. But its fine if you’ve got your bases covered.

I think any serious raider is going to need familiarity with multiple classes, unless you’re just the best mesmer or druid in the land.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

The best thing you can do for yourself is gear multiple classes. That way, you can fill multiple roles in the encounter.

Like others have said, thieves provide solid dps, but they don’t have a particular role. Basically a leftover slot if everything else is accounted for. I personally recommend PS warrior. Most groups take 1-2 of them. But, again, having multiple classes increases your chances of filling particular roles.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Thieves are good as a class. Thieves are the lowest class for raids tho. Why? Because absolutely everything a thief provides in terms of raiding, someone provides it better. DPS? Yea sure, we’re “almost” top tier. But that “almost”(fek k dps difference) is the reason you only see “raid looking for tempest” and never “raid looking for daredevil”. If you wanna raid, thief is literally the only class that won’t get you a spot in a raid unless you’re really lucky

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Which I find kind of ironic, cause I would take a pug thief over a pug ele most days because a much higher chance of the player pulling their weight due to it being generally easier to play right.

[EG] is recruiting!