Who Likes/Loves the Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

I see tons of Post about whiny people complaining about how hard the dungeons are.

I Love that they are a challenge. That they require teamwork strategy. I love how I don’t just stand there and shoot or attack a mob and have to constantly be moving.

Please post here is you love or like the dungeons and think they are fine just how they are

(Yes I’m 80 no I don’t have 100% exotic and yes I’ve done them all even explorable)

Posted by: PPson.7042

PPson.7042

I’m with you, I think their fun and I think its nice that Arena net put something in their game which no other game has done well so far, something that bad players simply cannot do. I havn’t done them all, but I’d say about 80% of them and I find it very good that they are challenging enough that you actually feel like you’ve accomplished something and that you are a good player for completing. In most other games if you are notkitten or have good gear you can finish most dungeons/instances/raids, where in GW2 I get the feeling that an MLG level gamer could do a dungeon in explorable in whites and be better than a lot of players running and failing them in full exotics.

Seiz – 80 Human Thief
Representing Terribad (TBad)

Posted by: Bibidiboo.6409

Bibidiboo.6409

I sincerely doubt you’ve done crucible of eternity
I have done them all, but twilight arbor and CoE are pretty difficult, but mostly they’re just plain annoying. Arbor has so much poison, it’s not even funny, and it has zero waypoints beside the first one, add to the fact half of the poisonspwaning things are obstructed buggy and invisible.. Just unfun.

CoE, i ran it three times and it literally ticked me off of dungeons for awhile, they are just insanely repetitive and seriously no fun.
I enjoy difficulty, but it’s not that they’re difficult, it feels like they never even played those dungeons, because some area’s are SO buggy and not done.

i did enjoy arah, but coe and ta ..

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

I see tons of Post about whiny people complaining about how hard the dungeons are.

I Love that they are a challenge. That they require teamwork strategy. I love how I don’t just stand there and shoot or attack a mob and have to constantly be moving.

Please post here is you love or like the dungeons and think they are fine just how they are

(Yes I’m 80 no I don’t have 100% exotic and yes I’ve done them all even explorable)

i think you are confusing " i think they are to hard " with the feeling of cheap deaths, and broken mechanics. Like i told my guild after i explained i wouldnt be doing dungeons, it ISNT that i think they are hard because general mechanics behind it is pretty basic. Its that the design of dungeons is to prevent people from learning how they work. They do not explain the mechanics, no learning or teaching curve, and you die so fast you cant actually figure out what you did wrong.

A great game that was both hard and challenging was megaman, but that game did an amazing job of TEACHING you the mechanics before tossing you to the wolves. you saw hazards before they were thrown at you, often times seeing examples of it. The issue with GW2 dungeons is that… they are designed with idea that you know all the game mechanics, you have perfect spec/build, and perfect class combo and never make a mistake.

Darksouls was also brutally hard but, when you died in that game you understood why you died. GW2 doesnt do that… you have no idea what you did wrong, most of the time hit with things cant even see or are so subtle you dont notice it. Damage is so high from mobs that most of the time you get hit and either dead or lose 90% of your life…is no time to understand what you did wrong before you are dead.

All in all… GW2 dungeons are not enjoyable for alot of people… and i dont think you will see alot of non-gw2 fanboys/girls playing them i personally couldnt give 2 kitten about the story in the dungeons and if i want to see it i’ll get a playthrough… because its NOT worth the dungeon armor set and its NOT worth the repair fee…

PPson.7042

I posted in another section (no, I don’t expect you to have read it) that I have done crucible and I still like dungeons. Crucible isn’t fun per say, but I don’t hate it. And yea, the dungeons are buggy but that’s because they were never mass tested, in beta, alpha or anything, the first mass runs of that content is all post release and I’m sure they’ll work on the bugs as soon as they finish the more pressing issues, like the hacked accounts for example.

Seiz – 80 Human Thief

PPson.7042

Also, this is just gonna turn in to another dungeon QQ fest like all the other topics on this forum section….

Seiz – 80 Human Thief

Posted by: Krypto.3569

Krypto.3569

I enjoy the dungeons so far, However there are some points that need to be fine tuned, because i dont think that some boss should be done in approx one way or die(the grave lizard in AC EM, the ghost eater and king something). However i am having fun, if they can remove the damage to equiptment in dungeons and make some bosse’s animations more defined i think it will be perfect.

Keep in mind we are doing the very first dungeons of GW2, They will fix what they can, and add more with more of what we want as their fans and consumers. I know that i found me home MMO. and As a huge dungeon fan i can see the magic to be made here.

Posted by: Krypto.3569

Krypto.3569

i think you are confusing " i think they are to hard " with the feeling of cheap deaths, and broken mechanics. Like i told my guild after i explained i wouldnt be doing dungeons, it ISNT that i think they are hard because general mechanics behind it is pretty basic. Its that the design of dungeons is to prevent people from learning how they work. They do not explain the mechanics, no learning or teaching curve, and you die so fast you cant actually figure out what you did wrong.

A great game that was both hard and challenging was megaman, but that game did an amazing job of TEACHING you the mechanics before tossing you to the wolves. you saw hazards before they were thrown at you, often times seeing examples of it. The issue with GW2 dungeons is that… they are designed with idea that you know all the game mechanics, you have perfect spec/build, and perfect class combo and never make a mistake.

Darksouls was also brutally hard but, when you died in that game you understood why you died. GW2 doesnt do that… you have no idea what you did wrong, most of the time hit with things cant even see or are so subtle you dont notice it. Damage is so high from mobs that most of the time you get hit and either dead or lose 90% of your life…is no time to understand what you did wrong before you are dead.

All in all… GW2 dungeons are not enjoyable for alot of people… and i dont think you will see alot of non-gw2 fanboys/girls playing them i personally couldnt give 2 kitten about the story in the dungeons and if i want to see it i’ll get a playthrough… because its NOT worth the dungeon armor set and its NOT worth the repair fee…

keep in mind this content is suppose to be fresh, even at 80. If these are a breeze at current level, they will be forgotten at 80.

Posted by: Saint.4789

Saint.4789

As a huge dungeon fan i can see the magic to be made here.

You can see the magics?
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/117/814/are-you-wizard.jpg

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

I’ve only done AC story but I hated it.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

Posted by: FinnishForce.2036

FinnishForce.2036

AC explorable is a nightmare, we took that Hodgins guy where you have to destroy the 6 burrows, our 2 rangers just got OBSTRUCTED and it took forever to destroy burrows, meanwhile everything slapped Hodgins. Lost almost a gold of money and got scrub lvl stuff.
Incredibly hard, incredibly unrewarding.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

i like dungeons how they are, some even too easy

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: phyxx.7425

phyxx.7425

Speccing for dungeons makes a big diff. First thing i did as a thief at 80 was throw away my glass cannon build for one with more health and buffs and dodging and also using signets that remove conditions. otherwise yea, you will die. lots.

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

I love the dungeons, but they feel very unrewarding, that is all.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

At first I sort of liked/disliked them, wasn’t really sure.
But now I like them. They offer a good challenge and a chance to put your skills to the test. Which is why I started posting here more to make people understand that it might take a few tries to get it.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Daimoch.5836

Daimoch.5836

For me the dungeons are not challenging like many people say. I don’t event see any tactics of the bosses mostly. You get damage and die and don’t even know why. That’s the baddest thing for me. I want to learn the bosses and i want to learn tactics. But it’s just frustrating. Dungeons have to be fun when you WANT fun. When you want to die a thousand times and want to stay in dungeons for hours than aNet should have implemented hard-modes for the masochists and fun-modes for the casuals. I’ve done progress raiding in WoW. But that was because i wanted to. Sometimes i just want to have some fun for maybe 2 hours in a dungeon. Challenge is okay but even the first story dungeon feels like a raid. Like i said, the biggest problem for me is you don’t know why you die and how to avoid it. I see red circles on the ground..no problem. But most of the time i die and don’t know where the helle the damage came from.

Maybe the dungeons are challenging for some people. Well, yeah..maybe they should be. But there should be another option for people who likes to feel strong and want to have some fun. I don’t have fun and many many others do not have either. So ANet did something wrong.

PS: Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

keep in mind this content is suppose to be fresh, even at 80. If these are a breeze at current level, they will be forgotten at 80.

uhh being fresh is fine, if is a chance to understand learn and adapt to the content. Way Anet has designed dungeons is a " you make 1 mistake, mistime one move, build yourself even slightly wrong enjoy the dirt nap" which doesnt appeal to me personally. I enjoy and love hard content HECK i can still go back and play Ninja Gaiden on my NES and love it even though are plenty call it a cheap cheesey game. The difference here is even that game eases you into the difficulty, teaches you proper way to handle situations one encounter at a time and you do not DIE instantly because a mob touches you.

GW2 on other hand basically punishes players for not being perfect, and gives them no time to learn or adapt. That is my main issue with GW2, is nothing in game to explain you should be a support spec for dungeons, and no time to learn or understand why you died in most cases a boss simply turns toward you and you fall over and you feel confused as to why. Thats big issue for me and why i feel GW2 fails in its pve content.

Being hard is fine, but GW2 feels cheap and cheesey at times which is not a good thing.

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Im not level 80 yet, but I have done AC three times, CM twice, and TA twice.

They are hard with a random group, but with my guild I think they are fine so far, and I greatly enjoy them compared to WoW dungeons.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Posted by: phyxx.7425

phyxx.7425

getting downed =/= to dying. they do give a chance to learn.

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

Liked dungeons a lot. Rewards might be toned up though.

Posted by: mazcrom.5871

mazcrom.5871

so far, love ’em.

Posted by: Zetsubou.8431

Zetsubou.8431

I agree OP. I think dungeons are too easy but give a good challenge for me and my buddies. Noobs just have to learn to get friends and get on vent with them to work out builds and strategies that compliment each other and stop QQ’ing and building glass cannon.

Posted by: Sal.4672

Sal.4672

Not worth the effort, imo.

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

The more I play the dungeons the more I love them.

I used to think it was all chaotic and had no strategy as well. But the more I break free from my old mmo roots the more I see the brilliant design that was implemented. Changing my build and learning a bosses attack created a completely different dynamic for me.

I can see why some people are upset though. It’s not exactly obvious what you’re supposed to be doing in dungeons. I can guarantee you right now most people are just trying to do some kind of max dps rotations and are surprised when the boss starts attacking them or throws some seemingly undodgable ability. It makes you think the dungeons is impossibly or just stupid hard or that their class is severly underpowered but none of that is true.

I learned that just about any boss can be effectively countered and once those strategies are used, the dungeon becomes reasonably challenging and a whole lot of fun. I love the idea of changing my skills and being forced to play a totally different game for different bosses and that’s what I’ve been doing.

Eventually, strategies for every boss will come out on the wiki or somewhere, people will find them, learned them and start having a blast. Though I strongly encourage them to try and figure it out themselves.

Btw I can’t remember exactly, but I do seem to remember that Anet stated at some point that explorables weren’t going to be completely pug friendly. Try to think of it as more like raids and find a group that’s willing to do a few wipes and learn the strategies for science!

Posted by: MadMossy.8715

MadMossy.8715

I’m level 80 have been since launch, I have full exotic armour and weapons, several pieces of dungeon exotic loot, 400 skill in 2 trades and over 225 hours of play time.

I love and hate dungeons, some are great fun, CoF for one, its fun, short and rewarding. the time/reward ratio is spot on.

The rest though are not even remotely close to the above. Arah is just plain horrible, once you get to Giganticus you hit a brick wall with 99% of pick up groups. For mid way boss, I understand the mechanics, I know how to defeat him but when someone gets targetted by his single target ability and then gets clipped by his AoE its game over, and even if I can survive longer than anyone else, once people start to drop, it’s a wipe, no matter what you do.

AC Explorable is next on the list, some of the paths are fun, some are not. The 2nd route is good fun but the rewards are a bit lacking. The time/reward ratio is a bit off here.

TA is just ridiculous full stop, the encounters are far too easy in comparison to the trash mobs which more often than not result in countless corpse runs because they just do far far too much damage in a short time period. Again time/reward is totally out of wack for this dungeon.

CM as above, bosses are straight forward, once you know the tactics they are more than possible, the trash though is just insane, you often get situations where you would enter a room and within seconds your dead, because 3 riflemen target you at the same time or some other gimmick in the dungeon results in a group wipe.

I haven’t even bothered with CoE and the dredge one because they were just horrible in story mode so won’t even bother with explorable.

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

There are two problems;

1. They, most of the time, are not worth the effort.

2. Yes, they require strategy and a good teamwork, but in reality you don’t find these often. ANet shouldn’t forget there are casual players and it is really difficult to build up a strategy with them -no offence-

Therefore, I think dungeons need to be revised because most of the players are discouraged by getting wiped over and over again.

Posted by: MadMossy.8715

MadMossy.8715

Casual players who are the largest portion of players do not and will not do explorable modes, in some cases they will just not bother going back after trying story modes.

As much as I like a challenge and enjoy trying hard content I am in the minority, the 1% of players who will do explorable modes even if they take ages and result in multiple deaths and expensive repair bills, that doesn’t mean I enjoy it though. I do it because I want to stand out and have my character look unique.

If dungeons are remain as they are currently, then alternative methods for collecting the “dungeon” specific loot need to be added. Tokens for doing dynamic events in the zone at certain levels or allow purchase with karma, rather than just the one method which alienates a vast majority of the playerbase.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I love the dungeons, pls pls dont change them

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Sacred.8973

Sacred.8973

I hate them, i dont care about the difficulty I just find the mechanics/story absolutely tripe, worst dungeons in an mmorpg ive ever played unfortunately. And yes ive completed Arah exploreable and no i’ll prob never run it again.