Why Even HAVE Story Mode?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

So I thought I’d finally do CoE or CoF story so that I can help with going inside every now and then, only to find that it’s nigh well impossible to find anyone willing to do it.

I think the problem is that anyone can enter a dungeon if someone else starts it. Make it so that everyone has to have story mode before doing an exp and things will be much better.

Or remove story mode entire. Does anyone even care about it?

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

The original design philosophy was that story mode was supposed to be the ‘easy mode’ for people who can’t take on explorable mode which is the ‘hard mode’. You were supposed to try the ‘easy mode’ first before being able to progress into ‘hard mode’.

The problem is that now most if not all the dungeons are fairly easy in explorable mode, and story mode doesn’t reward tokens or anything valuable for your time investment (unless you do CoF story and up I suppose, at least you can salvage your rare hat/helmet for a chance of ectos). Story modes like CoE, HotW and Arah are much longer than explorable modes and those who have run it once likely don’t ever want to do it again.

Just keep bumping your post on gw2lfg.com or ask your guild on a day that has story dungeon completer for daily – people will come along; just don’t expect your party to fill up anywhere near as fast as explorable runs.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

mmm hmm… I’d say most story modes take longer than the explorables :p

They just need to cut the HP’s of ALL the bosses in them, in half… Then they can just focus on the Narrative instead of padding it out for phony suspense.

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

to tell the story

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Story mode is very interesting actually, since it explains the whole story about how Destiny’s Edge gets back together before the final showdown with Zhaitan.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Story Mode… Story… Story…

Don’t we play a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game ? Or Co-Farmville ? Hard to say…

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I do not think they should force people to do something they don’t want to. I believe it should just give better rewards so that people actually want to do it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I find myself frequently in groups where absolutely no one has story mode (esp CoF) unlocked but I do. I don’t mind opening it up but then I ask, “after this run do you all want to do story so that way you all have it?” This is followed by no response, a straight up no, or the worst response: let’s just run this path again.

Really?!?!?!?!?

Story mode is a time consuming barrier but something you only need to do once per toon. It’s funny and sad that people who want to run these dungeons don’t even want to do the initial work to be able to do them themselves. People need incentives to run story and hopefully the new gold rewards will garner that interest.

Quam.7218

I do not think they should force people to do something they don’t want to.

Indeed, no one is forcing anyone to play the game.
If someone don’t have fun playing this game, he can leave.

There is a difference between constructive critics and qq about every crap.

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

Yes. If you feel like the game is ‘forcing’ you to do things, then play something else. Nobody cares about the QQ on here.

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

swiftpaw.6397

I’m confused.

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

It’s fairly trivial getting story mode done as long as you’re flexible about when you want to do it. Wait for the weekend or a day when story mode is one of the dailies. Then check on gw2lfg.com every once in awhile or start your own.

It’ll be easier to find groups once they increase rewards. Also, if you haven’t run it before and you’re joining a PUG, I recommend having a guide/video open in your browser/phone in case no one wants to lead or knows what to do. That way there is less of a chance of people rage quitting or whatever.

swiftpaw.6397

Yes. If you feel like the game is ‘forcing’ you to do things, then play something else. Nobody cares about the QQ on here.

The OP is annoyed that he cannot get people for story modes. I am suggesting that instead of making it mandatory for people to do it, they should just give it better rewards. Because once everyone has done it once, he’ll still be in the same boat, needing people to do it with him who don’t need it and have no motivation to go again.

Yes, there really is a difference between constructive (criticism? I prefer conversation) and the everyday Q_Q about Swiftpaw saying things people don’t like.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Story mode is so utterly pointless, I couldn’t care less about the lore, because It’s all garbage anyway, and the rewards are almost non-existent. If Anet made it so there was a normal and heroic dungeon mode, then I would be extremely grateful, but at the moment, it seems like they’re either not trying at all, or they have no clue what they’re doing.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Zacchaeed.2834

The new patch might make them popular, but a solo option would be nice, yes. I don’t like having to rely on others to progress through things, especially stories.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They should make storymode unlocks account bound…..

Zacchaeed.2834

They should make storymode unlocks account bound…..

You mean those helmets that you salvage/vendor?

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

He clearly means beating story once unlocking explorable mode for all characters after.

Quam.7218

Yes, there really is a difference between constructive (criticism? I prefer conversation) and the everyday Q_Q about Swiftpaw saying things people don’t like.

That wasn’t pesonal I should mention it earlyier – my bad.

I had no problem on doing all story modes on all my alts – becouse not having story is sometimes a problem in pug groups if no one has it done ( did 2 weeks ago all story modes in 2 evenings with my last created. alt using LFG website) so I don’t see the problem.

Peaple are just too kitten lazy to look on forums for pages like gw2lfg, they rather spam 10 min on /map and than rage on the forums.