Why Necro is useles now?

Why Necro is useles now?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tashir.8736

Tashir.8736

Hello,

I’m a “Boomerang”. Back to the game after 2 yr break. Lot of people told me that playing Necro (esepecialy condi) is totaly usless becouse of disability of stacking might. Could someone explain me this? Before the breake Necro is my main and I felt a Little disapointed when people kick me from the fractalls/dungeons party. Or told me that chosiing necro is the worst thing I could do.

Is only DPS/DMG is most important now? Other builds are uslles?

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necro hasnt changed. Its the only class which focuses on only DPS within the meta builds. Which is why its the worst class. It doesnt have anything going for it other than DPS and thats pretty subpar.

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

“Now”? How about “always been”.

Who gives a kitten, play how you want. Dungeons are easy as hell and if you get .01% more enjoyment playing a necro than a ele/warrior/etc then that’s a win in my book.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

- Very low number of blast finishers (most of them unreliable anyway)
- Only blind field on 50 sec cd (except plague form but that means no dps)
- No special buffs (like +x attribute for allies around you in combat)
- Lack of projectile defense
- No fire or smoke fields
- Low raw damage
- No active defense skills like blocks or invulnerability
- No vigor from trait or skills (except well of power turning bleeds to vigor, this is also unreliable and waste of precious utility skills)
- Got a burst of vulnerability, but it comes with cooldowns unlike some other professions
- Doesn’t grant offensive boons to party
- Because of no vigor or block skills, has to use energy sigil for some bosses and losing % dmg modifier sigil (you can say that death shroud is necro’s block, but that’s rather incorrect, considering PvE is full of 1-shotting bosses)
- Worse boon stripping than mesmer (mesmer strips boons on autoattack, his clones too)
- Only cleaving weapon hits up to 2 targets (usually it’s 3)
- No escape/movement skills make him very difficult to skip mobs
- No stability except elite skills (well of power grants 1 second stability, good luck using that)

But you know, I play necro anyway. I just love the death theme.

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I really don’t understand why they choose not to do anything to help put the necromancer in a better place. It’s absurd how they’ve left it alone despite all of the things it lacks compared to the other classes.

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Because balance is never based on PvE.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Necro is a shining example of why not splitting PvP and PvE like they did in the original was a serious mistake. Giving them any of the things mentioned would break them for PvP.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Why Necro is useles now?

Sublimatio.6981

My suggestions that wouldn’t break necro in PvP, but would fix him in PvE. Devs, please consider at least some of them.

- Horn4, Axe3, DS5, Dagger3 – blast finishers
- DS2 – velocity increased by 100%, change the projectile to leap finisher
- Siphoned Power trait – change functionality to Grants vigor on critical hits 10 sec cd
- Death Into Life trait – change functionality to +150 ferocity to allies around you
- Furious Demise trait and Blood Is Power skill – Boons also apply for allies
- Well of Power – increase stability duration to match the duration of the well. Also share the stability with every (5) ally inside the well.
- Well of Suffering – grants fury to every (5) ally inside the well.
- Well of Darkness – change field into smoke.
- Axe autoattack – more damage, aoe hit around target
- Corrosive Poison Cloud – blocks projectiles, remove the self-weakness and add self-torment instead
- Signet of Undeath – also resurrects defeated players. I feel like necromancer should be the only profession capable of doing that, making him special at last. (pve-exclusive)
- Flesh wurm – casting time reduced to 1/2 or 1/4 (1 second is too long for a mobility skill)
- Spectral armor – also grants stability

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’m no master of PVP so I can’t really definitively comment on whether they’d break PVP but those changes seem quite powerful. Stability is a pretty big boon in PVP and WvW. Added smoke field and blasts would give stealth capabilities (You’d have 12s, not shabby at all, though long reuse).

I do think that’d be a very nice list to make them PVE viable though.

Why Necro is useles now?

spoj.9672

I like all of those but some are a bit much even for PvP. I would also like siphoned power to remain offensive. Its bad now but i would prefer to to head towards might on crit/hit rather than vigor. And reworking dark fields so blasts give vuln instead of blind would be nice. Theres no good reason to blast and waste well cooldowns for blinds even in PvP.

In terms of reflects and projectile blocks I would like a few more than just CPC though. Spectral wall could be a reflect. Dagger 5 could be a projectible block similar to ring of earth.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

My suggestions that wouldn’t break necro in PvP, but would fix him in PvE. Devs, please consider at least some of them.

- Horn4, Axe3, DS5, Dagger3 – blast finishers
- DS2 – velocity increased by 100%, change the projectile to leap finisher
- Siphoned Power trait – change functionality to Grants vigor on critical hits 10 sec cd ( Removed, current trait is OK )
- Death Into Life trait – change functionality to +150 ferocity to allies around you
- Furious Demise trait and Blood Is Power skill – Boons also apply for allies
- Well of Power – increase stability duration to match the duration of the well. Also share the stability with every (5) ally inside the well.
- Well of Suffering – grants fury to every (5) ally inside the well.
- Well of Darkness – change field into smoke.
- Axe autoattack – more damage, aoe hit around target
- Corrosive Poison Cloud – blocks projectiles, remove the self-weakness and add self-torment instead
- Signet of Undeath – also resurrects defeated players. I feel like necromancer should be the only profession capable of doing that, making him special at last. (pve-exclusive)
- Flesh wurm – casting time reduced to 1/2 or 1/4 (1 second is too long for a mobility skill)
- Spectral armor – also grants stability

Pretty Much this.
I’dd like to add:
Vampiric Rituals: Wells also last 2s longer.
Spiteful Vigor : Changed to give vigor on heal AoE [/b]
Signet of the Locust (Active) : Ticks 5 times, each tick stealing health from your foes in a certain radius (180/240?)

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Even if spectral wall reflected it wouldn’t be good. It fears mobs, procs defiant etc.

DS2 projectile speed, flesh wurm cast time, spectral armor stability are all pretty strong pvp buffs. People already cry about DS2 having the same animation as staff(hard to avoid), flesh wurm is a mandatory stunbreak in pvp and spectral armor stability might replace spectral walk as the second stunbreak.

Why Necro is useles now?

Sublimatio.6981

We shouldn’t talk like necro is super OP in pvp and any buff for him in pvp would be too much :P

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Basically, the most important traits for dungeons and frac are damage, party buff and utility. Necro have decent damage but is extremely weak at the other 2

(edited by Dragonax.6487)

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Necros are rather powerful in pvp provided the players knows what he’s doing. They are a direct counter towards the current boon/might/celestial meta and can turn a whole fight around and the best way to counter this is to cc spam the necro so giving them more stability/survival skills would make them outright overpowered in SPvP and WvW.

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Aye in WvW we run our Necros in 2 guard groups… why? Stability! Giving me my own stability options would be quite nice. That said I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for Well of Power to refresh the stability while the field is up, you’d have to remain in the field which would make it a well balanced option IMO.

Why Necro is useles now?

spoj.9672

Necros are rather powerful in pvp provided the players knows what he’s doing. They are a direct counter towards the current boon/might/celestial meta and can turn a whole fight around and the best way to counter this is to cc spam the necro so giving them more stability/survival skills would make them outright overpowered in SPvP and WvW.

The first sentence can be said for any class. But its not the necro that is powerful in those cases its usually all the player. They may be a direct counter because of boonhate. But thats the only thing necros have going for them. However our boonhate is only useful in PvP. Its bad in PvE due to cooldowns etc.

Necro still suffers from numerous imbalances in sPvP such as starting the game with 0 access to their class mechanic and having difficulty in gaining lifeforce unless specced in specific ways. Being completely useless when focus fired despite being designed as a class that should take fights head on. Not being able to bunker despite being the soak it up and dont move class. Cant stay on point reliably due to the lack of damage avoidance abilities and reliable stability and short cooldown stunbreaks meaning we either get pressured off or CC’d off. Has some of the poorest sustain in the game despite being designed as an “attrition” class.

The necro is currently very limited in playstyle in sPvP because of these reasons. They can work in the hands of good players. But we have to deal with so many weaknesses no matter the build. Whereas other classes can usually build against some of theirs. You could argue that even in sPvP a necro player would be better off switching and masterying a better class.

Just to add. Some of the things we want definately will be pretty strong in sPvP. But the point is they wont be available to every necro all the time. Necros would still have to choose between traits and utilities. At the moment choice is very limited. You can really see it when you think about dungeon solos. Other classes have quite a lot of trait recustomization options to suit each fight. The necro really only has go full power dps or go full condi dps. Theres no traits or utilities to take extra active defence. And theres no special and game changing traits or utilities. Its quite boring to try and fine tune a necro for a solo because you are done before you even start.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya like spoj said, you can say that of all profession. A good player in an ordinary profession won’t mean that the profession is too powerful. Necro is in a good place in PvP, but lack a bit to be consider as top profession or OP right now. They kinda fixed the ranger in PvE and this didn’t broke the PvP balance, they could do the same with necro.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I barely played my necro since I tome lvl’ed him so I barely scratch’ed the surface, I don’t even have all the traits unlocked. But, I was shocked how good he can survive in full zerk + scholar with 6.4.0.0.4 build, spectral specced (wvw roaming).

My buddy which mains necro, plays 0.6.4.4.0 i’f i’m not mistaken, runs a mix of rabid, rampager and carrion I think, has 27k HP and he is god mode. It’s not uncommon for him to win 1v3’s. He even won a 1v5.

Pvp, wise, I don’t have any experience, but in pve I think giving necro a similar party buff like Spotter but make it give 150 ferocity, it might be OP but it will surely give necro a spot in speed runs. That and maybe some curses like the Necro in D2 had, like Amplify Damage or a less powerfull version of Corpse Explosion. (imagine necro spamming corpses that do similar dmg to the one u find in Arah xD). Or even something like Big Bad Voodoo from D3’s WD.

There could be a lot of things that necro could have and make them balanced wvw, pvp wise and still be viable in pve. I find that what plagues some of the classes that makes them underperform is the lack of creativity on behalf of the developers, which is sad because this game’s platform could support some awesome new mechanics.
Living World > Class balance, sadly.

Why Necro is useles now?

spoj.9672

Yeah the biggest culprit is the lack of developer creativity with the class. That and the supposed design philosophy of attrition yet necro being the complete opposite of attrition with its current implementation. No sustain, long cast times, long cooldowns. Bursty rather than sustain in multiple areas including both damage and survivability. Everything about the necro suggests its not an attrition class. However it doesnt exactly have much burst either, everything is far too weak despite the restrictions.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Pvp, wise, I don’t have any experience, but in pve I think giving necro a similar party buff like Spotter but make it give 150 ferocity, it might be OP but it will surely give necro a spot in speed runs.

No that wouldn’t make it op in pve and wouldn’t give him a spot in speed runs. Necro is in the same dps range as guardian and mesmer, but don’t bring as much utilities as neither of those. Ranger use to be in that range and bring spotter + frost spirit and it wasn’t part of any speed run back then.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Why Necro is useles now?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah the biggest culprit is the lack of developer creativity with the class.

That sums it up. You could /thread right here, nothing else to say.
whispering
Check out gw1’s necro…

And will you stop justifying necro sucking in pve with the excuse of pvp balance, por favor?! Just split the 2 game modes like it’s supposed to be, you blasted anet kittens.