Why Sesshi quit.

Why Sesshi quit.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I’m sorry Sesshi if I’m posting this without your consent but I feel this must be seen.

I still care, I love gw2, I’m sad seeing it get ruined, I agree with most points in the video, perhaps not with the community ones there are still really good people out there but I definitely understand the feeling of having to quit your favorite game seeing it ruined methodically piece by piece, one stupid decision after another…

I honestly don’t know if there’s anything to be done at this point, have we passed the point of no return?

EDIT: oh and Sesshi, you spelled guild wars wrong in the video

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

He’s just burnt out. Like many others :^)

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Well if only anet add an old dunegon like kind of content… new fractals and rethink the whole instabilities thing (actually we were all doing 40 and 50 cause there were no instabilities on there).

I think they achived to bring new people to fractals but those people are gonna get burned very fast.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

He’s just burnt out. Like many others :^)

this, played for 6 moths straight after release and then took a break for a year, I missed all of LS S1 until one day I decided to check the game to see how’s it going and saw the LS S2 Ep1 section and was interested again and as of now hooked

Give this Sesshi fellow time, he may return after seeing new fractals, LS S3, etc. And if he doesn’t don’t let ppl quitting ruin your gaming experience, have fun

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

This guy is overly emotional. He played for freaking 12 THOUSAND hours. Wou…get a life bro. You can try to achieve something there too, you know. I play about 5 days per week and my game time since headstart is what? 2K hours? And I thought that is a lot of time already….ehh

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Bloody.2089

Bloody.2089

Sesshi quit and it is not a joke?!

Very nice to read. One of the guys w/o any humanity and filled with ignorance is gone. Thought the community of Guild Wars 2 is fail but this message gives me hope. The community clears itself…

One of the small elite team who isn´t affected by idiocy.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Ye well even tho I disagree with many of his points, he really hit the nail with some of them. Calling the casuals “nobodies that think AP means skill” is incredible accurate and I loved that somebody finally said it.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I am sorry to see him go – but honestly – 12k hours – anyone will burn out. He might be back, he might not – but regardless – I wish him the best of luck.
Also – a lot of his points are valid.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Meanwhile I got 14k hours and still haven’t quit yet.
Why? Friends.
I’ll try BDO too but doubt that’ll keep me hooked enough to drop GW2.
Everyone has the so called “burn out phases”.
I had it too right before BnS launched and thought I’ll quit and play that, make new friends and enjoy a better game.
Guess what? Their devs are FAR worse than Anet and the pricing models a complete joke.
Sure, 90% of current games content is messed up and seems like alien rats on wheels designed it but at the end of the day, content isn’t what makes it fun for me, it’s who I play it with.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Sad to see but somewhat understandable. Guess I’m lucky I have a full time job etc. that lead me to “only” 3.5k hours yet
Sesshi’s videos always were somewhat inspiring to me and pushed me to try to get better.

Anyway… if you read this, Sesshi, farewell and… though I hate myself for this piece of heresy… I can has your stuff?

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

He kinda sums up everything that is wrong with this game, too bad Anet doesn’t care and will keep investing their time in glider skins :/

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I want the WvW meta to be the PvE meta. This current trend of maxing damage is sad. Nothing kills build diversity faster. I love fiddling with mechanics but when all things surviving or tank related are decried as a noob-crutch, it sucks the fun out of builds. Who cares if I make a build that can fight hordes of enemies? Some glass build pulls mobs in groups and clears them faster.

I was really disappointed in raid tanking. It wasn’t a boss trying to wreck yourface, it was you standing the right spot so the boss doesn’t wipe the DPS with gimmick mechanics. I went in thinking I was going to have to fight the boss, dodge big attacks, you know combat. Nope! Stand behind a mushroom! Run to Green. Walk in a circle. Repeat.

Next boss. Avoid orbs, walk boss to wall so people can cleave him and the wall.

Next boss, “You got a different char right?”

I don’t really feel bad about LEET people leaving, they helped cause this culture and were the same people who defended it as being good.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

While he has some good points in that video I couldnt care less if someone from my blocklist is leaving the game.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

At least you can free the spot for someone else.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

I’m sorry Sesshi if I’m posting this without your consent but I feel this must be seen.

I still care, I love gw2, I’m sad seeing it get ruined, I agree with most points in the video, perhaps not with the community ones there are still really good people out there but I definitely understand the feeling of having to quit your favorite game seeing it ruined methodically piece by piece, one stupid decision after another…

I honestly don’t know if there’s anything to be done at this point, have we passed the point of no return?

EDIT: oh and Sesshi, you spelled guild wars wrong in the video

The community part was intentionally pointing out the stereotypes of their players
There is definitely possible for gw2 to change but a lot of devs that made gw1 and worked on gw2 has left from Anet, and the direction they have been going for years shows no desire for major improvement imo.
Also I actually didn’t notice the typo at all and no1 pointed it out so far lmao

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

I want the WvW meta to be the PvE meta. This current trend of maxing damage is sad. Nothing kills build diversity faster. I love fiddling with mechanics but when all things surviving or tank related are decried as a noob-crutch, it sucks the fun out of builds. Who cares if I make a build that can fight hordes of enemies? Some glass build pulls mobs in groups and clears them faster.

I was really disappointed in raid tanking. It wasn’t a boss trying to wreck yourface, it was you standing the right spot so the boss doesn’t wipe the DPS with gimmick mechanics. I went in thinking I was going to have to fight the boss, dodge big attacks, you know combat. Nope! Stand behind a mushroom! Run to Green. Walk in a circle. Repeat.

I don’t really feel bad about LEET people leaving, they helped cause this culture and were the same people who defended it as being good.

Don’t blame the ‘LEET’ people creating the full DMG meta culture, It’s the game itself that made it obvious that it’s the best/most efficient way to go

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

Very nice to read. One of the guys w/o any humanity and filled with ignorance is gone. Thought the community of Guild Wars 2 is fail but this message gives me hope. The community clears itself…

I have no clue who you are but I assume one of those PHIW whiteknight nobodies that think gw2 has the friendliest community in any MMO, pathetic.

P.S. nvm i just remembered ur that guy who did the terrible AC solos and posted it on the forums for some reason… smh

(edited by Sesshi.2610)

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

Sad to see but somewhat understandable. Guess I’m lucky I have a full time job etc. that lead me to “only” 3.5k hours yet
Sesshi’s videos always were somewhat inspiring to me and pushed me to try to get better.

Anyway… if you read this, Sesshi, farewell and… though I hate myself for this piece of heresy… I can has your stuff?

Nope, nice try tho.
Also nice to hear my vids inspired you and keep on improving if you still enjoy gw2

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Sesshi promised to send me his stuff alrdy, sorry!

toxic since 2012

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I have no clue who you are but I assume one of those PHIW whiteknight nobodies that think gw2 has the friendliest community in any MMO, pathetic.

P.S. nvm i just remembered ur that guy who did the terrible AC solos and posted it on the forums for some reason… smh

Interesting…
*Complains about the community yet contributes to that problem

Seems like the community could do better without you.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Nope, nice try tho.
Also nice to hear my vids inspired you and keep on improving if you still enjoy gw2

Heh, someone just had to do it, you know :P Well, no valentine’s gift for my wife then i guess :o
Jokes aside, reading some of the comments in this threat reminds me of why i usualy avoid the lfg tool… “uh, there’s someone better than me, let’s insult him instead of accepting it and try to improve”
Good luck Sesshi, I hope BDO offers what you’re looking for!

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: PetiteGeek.2961

PetiteGeek.2961

This guy is overly emotional. He played for freaking 12 THOUSAND hours. Wou…get a life bro. You can try to achieve something there too, you know. I play about 5 days per week and my game time since headstart is what? 2K hours? And I thought that is a lot of time already….ehh

:o OMIGOSH, HOW DARE SOMEONE HAVE MORE HOURS THAN ME WHEN I CLEARLY HAVE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR THE MOST HOURS OUT OF EVERYONE THAT PLAYS!

As someone who has a large real life, of school and a job, and still played 13.5k hours since headstart, maybe you should go get a real life too :o I bet you can accomplish something there ^^

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

Not sure if you’re joking or just stupid but here we go …
I care about the game that I used to love and played for years, obviously I’m emotional about it as I’m not a robot.
But oh well, ur most likely one of those losers that think playing a game a person enjoys for as much as they want means nolife. meanwhile you bust your kitten at your kittenty job being full of ignorance

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Impressed you lasted 12k hours. Im burnt out on 5.5k. And i havent had the free time to play enough to get bored through overplaying recently. But as you said there isnt really anything to do so even with no free time its easy to get burnt out and bored.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

It is sad to see you go, you’ve accomplish so much in GW2, there isn’t much for you to do here. I really hope you find the challenge you are looking for. You were also very helpful when people had questions for you.

Also, it is very sad that at least half of the reasons you left are easily and quickly fixable :S

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Sorry, but if there’s something that might interest you and other guys who aren’t fond of GW2 anymore, there’s still Dark Souls 3 on April, that’s one of the biggest releases this year.

Why Sesshi quit.

Bloody.2089

Sesshi please do not destroy the wonderful news of your leaving with commenting in forum =/. The mental weakness you have, was shown by your return in forum =/. Please be consequent.

Why Sesshi quit.

Ryn.6459

Sorry, but if there’s something that might interest you and other guys who aren’t fond of GW2 anymore, there’s still Dark Souls 3 on April, that’s one of the biggest releases this year.

I am … i would… thing is i am still angry cause i bought ds1 for pc… what an horribke port… i felt robbed

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Malediktus and Bloody showing up in a thread about Sesshi. There couldn’t be more honor than that those 2 “individuals” ranting around. All hail Sesshi!

Slidi and I will miss you. He posted so many chatlogs from you and it was always entertaining. I also liked your solo videos, very inspiring especially your “eRekT” video. It has a place in our heart and will stay as mp3 in our TS soundboards forever. ^^

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

Sesshi please do not destroy the wonderful news of your leaving with commenting in forum =/. The mental weakness you have, was shown by your return in forum =/. Please be consequent.

Truth hurts I guess, but dw as myself and more and more top players will quit all that will be left is average skill haters like you so you maybe will not seem terrible.
If you are seriously happy about active ppl leaving the game you are more pathetic than I thought.
Sorry If I was too hard on you, but narrow minded and ignorant ppl disgust me.

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

Malediktus and Bloody showing up in a thread about Sesshi. There couldn’t be more honor than that those 2 “individuals” ranting around. All hail Sesshi!

Slidi and I will miss you. He posted so many chatlogs from you and it was always entertaining. I also liked your solo videos, very inspiring especially your “eRekT” video. It has a place in our heart and will stay as mp3 in our TS soundboards forever. ^^

Ty, also I have a few other vids like that in similar style but unlisted, might make a compilation of those actually :o

Why Sesshi quit.

Bloody.2089

Two mistakes like always Sesshi. First you are still here that`s just lol. Second you called me nobody but you answer every comment that I write.

So in conclusion you do not think I am a nobody because you take me seriosly^^. But unfortunalety I am not able to respect you =(. I have the same problem with you since your first comment under my video^^(I know why you were grumpy: You were jelous of me because I was better than you when you started Guild Wars 2) relating to the ignorance and narrow mind but you are not in the position for understanding this (I am sure nobody can/will help you) and I will show mercy.

And by the way, I like people with skill and it is not good that many of them leave but I do not like you…Do you get the point? (I do not think so)

Before I will ignore you and hope you will leave the forum soon and you will keep your promise I have a last question:

How low can you get before you leave?

Why Sesshi quit.

PetiteGeek.2961

Two mistakes like always Sesshi. First you are still here that`s just lol. Second you called me nobody but you answer every comment that I write.

So in conclusion you do not think I am a nobody because you take me seriosly^^. But unfortunalety I am not able to respect you =(. I have the same problem with you since your first comment under my video^^(I know why you were grumpy: You were jelous of me because I was better than you when you started Guild Wars 2) relating to the ignorance and narrow mind but you are not in the position for understanding this (I am sure nobody can/will help you) and I will show mercy.

And by the way, I like people with skill and it is not good that many of them leave but I do not like you…Do you get the point? (I do not think so)

Before I will ignore you and hope you will leave the forum soon and you will keep your promise I have a last question:

So um, who are you?

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

Why Sesshi quit.

Sesshi.2610

It has nothing to do with you being a ‘nobody’ It’s you missing the point of everything I said in my quitting video and went on to how great It is that i’mleaving. I have long forgotten you but I guess you kept hating on…
About my first comment, I had no clue you started the game, problem was bragging with a terrible AC solo on forums with bad rotations thats all, then you tried to turn it around that people are jealous of you when they are trying to help.
Also quitting a game doesen’t mean one can’t use forum and reddit.

How low? certainly not to the point where I keep months old grudge against someone then going out of my way to express how happy I am that the player Is quitting… just sad.

P.S. My friend linked me to a TA duo you did that you apparently wanted to get approved as a record. 160 view 0 like 19 dislike and low tier skill clicking gameplay, way to go buddy. im super jealous.

(edited by Sesshi.2610)

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

The real question is why she didn’t leave the game earlier. All those points she made are valid since day 1.

Maybe she’s just too good. Like Usain Bolt competing in local tournaments “Oh, it’s too easy, no difficulty. I do other sports now.”

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Seriously this shows exactly how disgusting and two-faced these “nice” community members are. In front of new players you all act nice but when a distinguished and skilled veteran leaves you suddenly trashtalk him and try to break his moral? Sesshi did inspire many people whether you admit it or not. His skills on video allowed people to explore more on Gw2 combat and he created amazing contents using what anet provided.

Sesshi I hope you really come back to gw2 when 2nd wing is released. If it wasn’t for your video I wouldn’t have made an engi or be where I am right now in a raiding guild. I’d rather have people like you stay and have 10 people like your haters leave or hopefully in uncomfortable position.

Tour

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I am … i would… thing is i am still angry cause i bought ds1 for pc… what an horribke port… i felt robbed

DSFix is your friend

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t understand why a video on why a top player is leaving has to turn into a flame war about strangers commenting about what kind of person he is when they don’t even know him personally or have been his guildmates.

But it has always been this kind of community that has ruined this game. Rabid white knights that quite frankly should have stayed in reddit.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

As much as i disagree with the trash talking. You have to admit Sesshi did kind of provoke a few of the comments. x)

Stay classy.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

First off, Sesshi is not a girl.

Second, some of you disgust me. No wonder he leaves this game, a “community” never existed here. Sesshi did impressive work while making his video and still some of you keep bragging about how “unskilled” he is and how glad you’d be that he leaves the game. Pathetic.

Loosing hope for this such called community over and over. Salty and kitten kids.

#sessífanboy #balázs

toxic since 2012

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I think sesshi touched a nerve when he said AP != skill LMAO

Anyway I rarely watched any videos for GW2 except comedy ones and super skilled ones like yours, definitely inspiring and amazing stuff and it’s unfortunate you’re gone. Hope you enjoy BDO or w/e else.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Why Sesshi quit.

Ryn.6459

DSFix is your friend

I think i tried back then… i will give it another shot. ty

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

If you think Black Desert has balanced competitive PvP or challenging PvE you’re gonna have a bad time…

Why Sesshi quit.

PetiteGeek.2961

First off, Sesshi is not a girl.

Second, some of you disgust me. No wonder he leaves this game, a “community” never existed here. Sesshi did impressive work while making his video and still some of you keep bragging about how “unskilled” he is and how glad you’d be that he leaves the game. Pathetic.

Loosing hope for this such called community over and over. Salty and kitten kids.

#sessífanboy #balázs

shh grimm, sesshi is a girl winks

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Drama thread no. 234.124… and as necessary as all the others.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Don’t blame the ‘LEET’ people creating the full DMG meta culture, It’s the game itself that made it obvious that it’s the best/most efficient way to go

No it really is their fault. Instead of trying to complete content, people optimize to complete content as fast as possible.

Some of that is anet’s fault for rewarding damage so much that in many cases full glass builds are easier to play than tanky builds.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

in resume:
Seshi was a decent player who was one of few to put out watchable content.
After thousands of hours and 3 years he decided to quit.
But decided to do so by using a mix of valid points and childish behavior.
Community didnt respond to him quitting as he expected so he proceeded to further flame and throw a tantrum.
This community will remember you as an infant and is all your doing.
Personally Thank you for the content and hope you grow from your mistakes good luck!

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, IPhyton sums it up well. A few good points, and some others I disagree with. Video was cringe worthy though.

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

No it really is their fault. Instead of trying to complete content, people optimize to complete content as fast as possible.

Some of that is anet’s fault for rewarding damage so much that in many cases full glass builds are easier to play than tanky builds.

Wow lol full glass builds are easier to play than tanky builds lol. Tell me what kind of game/raid doesn’t prioritize damage over defense? Did you see what happened in last meta of pvp where people literally didn’t die? Other than minecraft and some sandbox games what game doesn’t focus on destroy/beating/dps as part of the content? Oh and suddenly optimization is ruining the fun? Then how are you able to play any kind of online game ranging from MMORPG to FPS? FPS has meta, so does MOBA, basically any kind of game has meta. Is your ego so big that you have to go against optimization even in games? You should definitely work at a DMV and collect your check while doing half of what other people can do.

You can choose to be a special snowflake and not play it but please do tell me why is it wrong for people to optimize their build and have fun at the same time. Also feel free to tell me your opinion on why people have to blindly follow your definition of having fun when we all bought this game with out own money and can choose to play with our own people.

Also you do know you can develop your own tactic to each boss right? You really don’t have to follow any of the guides or videos or streams. If you think your tactic is valid and useful, go prove it instead of whining on how anet did that and people do that etc. Nothing kills build diversity faster? There’s a difference in build diversity and playing your random made up build.

IDK if i had a choice I’d trade 10 of you for 1 Sesshi but sadly life is unfair and I guess that’s your advantage.

Tour

Why Sesshi quit.

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I think almost every single game I’ve played EVER has prioritized damage in an optimized scenario. It’s logical. Even in games where defense is valuable, you will only stack just barely enough and then put everything else into damage. I suggest any who think otherwise to start watching real speed runs and then tell me how many people stack 100% defense for their run.

No one is stopping anyone from playing a Nomad’s Druid, but no one should expect or force that Nomad’s Druid to be wanted in an optimized setting.