Why are each dungeon's token gear set to only a select few stats.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cottage.6782

Cottage.6782

I don’t understand this. If for example, I want dungeon gear that has precision, healing, and vitality, I would have to do TA or HotW, neither of which I like the appearances of. If I wanted any other dungeon set because of looks, I’d be completely out of luck unless I were to farm that other dungeon all over again just for the skin. In effect, I would have to grind 1000+ tokens in TWO dungeons just so I can get a desired armor skin AND stat combo. Why can’t dungeon sets have a varied and consistent stat set throughout ALL dungeon sets?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

you can craft an armor set, or buy the exotic one with the stats you need, then transmute for the looks.

If you’re short on cash, you wont be by the time you get the 1k tokens you need.

Posted by: Cottage.6782

Cottage.6782

But I CAN’T buy or craft the armor set with the stats I need. Trust me, I would if I could. For the exotic-level stats of precision/healing/vitality, I HAVE to do either of those two dungeons. Why can’t I do a dungeon for a set I like aesthetically? It’s the same effort and time spent regardless.

Posted by: Meridin.1563

Meridin.1563

I’m going for an armor/toughness build on my guardian, so I was looking for a version of CoF armor with power/precision/toughness (like Knight’s armor). However none of the three types available have those stats. I love how CoF armor looks and it would be lame if I had to buy another set of exotic armor as well as a bunch of fine transmute stones just to get the right stats on the armor I like. IMO each dungeon should have a set with each stat type so people can choose the armor they like.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I don’t understand why they don’t let people pick the stats when buying a dungeon piece. The current way pieces are sold is so impractical and just clutters the vendor interface.
If it sold just the skin, then players would be able to pick one free stat choice for their set (based on the insignias used in crafting). First time only, of course.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?