Why are so many "elite" players jerks?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I’ve lately run with a lot of groups that have had one or two “elite” players. Most are self proclaimed masters that end up instantly rage quiting if a team of new players wipes even once in a dungeon. Bonus points if they put the team together and didn’t bother to explain anyone anything or even asking if people joining are new.

I also see this a lot in folks who skip mobs. When others fail to follow them and die during the run there is a lot berating and kittening on the party chat. Assuming they don’t quit after a few attempts.

I mean surely these people realize that if someone is first time in the dungeon and doesn’t know the path it’s very bad idea to start running. Especially if you don’t explain anything.

This happens a lot in Arah. Explaining the encounters to new people doesn’t take that long. Also if we are planning to skip mobs it’s always important to point out which mobs should be evaded and who is to be followed. I’m pretty sure it took a while for those “elite” players to learn the paths and strategy as well, so little patience would not hurt. Right?

On a related note: we had a very good but very smug and ill tempered guardian on our latest run. We wiped to Lupicus only once and he started kittening about people’s dodging skills. We did the dungeon run successfully in the end largely thanks to his running and dodging skills. So yes. He was skilled but had a really bad attitude.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

to be quite honest. You really shouldnt go into Arah without having done any kind of research.

Dungeons are meant to be hard. They’re meant to be the challenge of the endgame. Arah especially. You shouldnt be walking into arah unless you’re 80 in full exotics. I know I didnt walk in there without looking up at least 5 different guides for it. Heck, right now you are on the internet. You could, with a few key presses, navigate yourself to youtube, and watch a group clear path 3 arah in ~25 minutes. Then the next time someone in your party takes off running you know exactly what he’s doing and where he’s going.

25 minutes of your time in order to know exactly what’s going on and what needs to be done? That’s a bloody bargain that is.

it may sound elitist, but if you dont want to spend a half hour of your time to research the dungeon, then perhaps you should go with friends instead. Stumbling through a dungeon blind with friends can be a hilarious experience. Doing it with a PuG? Not so much.

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

There’s people like this in every MMO. It’s just the nature of the beast.

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

People who skip mobs are anything but “elite”.