Why are we being punished for doing dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CodexG.7593

CodexG.7593

After the current patch doing dungeons feels just like a punishment. The rewards are laughable – almost no experience is gained, money earned in most cases barely covers the costs of repairs and the tokens received compared to the prices, well, no comment here. The “rewards” are also inadequate to the time and effort that needs to be put into the instances now – it just feels like a huge waste of time. I saw a dev comparing dungeons to DoA from GW1. However DoA was an instance for experienced players not a dungeon for players who were level 10 ( here – max lvl in GW1 was 20, the dungeon CM in story mode is for lvl 40 players). Also with luck I could have an Armbrace after 3 full-runs in HM, here it is required to repeat the same dungeon XX times to get a set of (mostly not best-looking) armor.
So why? Why would a part of the story be changed into punishment, into something frustrating that takes away fun from the majority of players? I don’t get it.

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

i don’t get it either.

But it feels like diablo 3 all over again.

People do it too much, NERF til no one does it.

Anet = WIN! = WE ALL QUIT like dialo 3 lol

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

From dungeon run just now: Repair cost several silver, drops from chests all blues except for 1 green. Just what am I supposed to do with that crap? Why would I ever go there again really? I don’t understand the concept of ArenaNet made dungeons I think. Enlightenment welcome.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: LeX.8607

LeX.8607

u forgot the 1-25 copper u get from chests XD

Posted by: RainbowVomit.2509

RainbowVomit.2509

i don’t get it either.

But it feels like diablo 3 all over again.

People do it too much, NERF til no one does it.

Anet = WIN! = WE ALL QUIT like dialo 3 lol

Anet is the new Jay Wilson

Posted by: Gizzox.7491

Gizzox.7491

exactly…i thought since it was quite fun to run explorer dungeons and socialize it’s okay to get a gold reward for it. after all it’s way more fun than farming fangs or whatever. And u couldn’t get much profit of it anyway. Take away one of the only things that actualy make fun.yay, not to mention that every dungeon’s bugged.. priority issues maybe? hello

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

Thanks for this post!

I’m a huge supporter of Arenanet. After having been let down by -so- many developing companies, Arenanet was the last shining light (well them and Bethesda). I still support Arenanet. They’re the only company I’ve seen so far where developers will directly communicate with their playerbase.

However, there is a serious problem with dungeons in this game. I absolutely agree with the OP of this thread. Only once did I feel accomplished in a dungeon, and that was AC explorable Howling King. The only reason I felt accomplished was because despite the bugs (…looking at you flame turret stairs and Hodgeson(sp) dying right in the middle of it) my party succeeded. Our repair bills were so expensive, and the reward didn’t even touch the cost of repairs.

After that run I only run dungeons when necessary. Why? Too hard? Absolutely not. My team does a great job, and I really love playing with my friends. The problem is the dungeons no longer feel like accomplishments, and instead feel like punishment. None of the rewards allow us to cover the cost of running the dungeon, nor do the rewards equal any value of our run.

That is a huge problem.

I want to enjoy all of this game, the hard parts and the easy parts. Yet, for now the dungeons are a complete waste of time.

I’m sorry, but the difficulty + time =/= the reward of finishing any dungeon in this game.