Why can a character wearing heavy armor...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zsbee.2130

zsbee.2130

Why can a char wearing heavy armor buy medium/light dungeon armor pieces?

I just lost ~450 tokens because of this. I farmed tokens with my guardian and wanted to buy the armor for my ranger, so i did so.

My biggest mistake in GW2 so far. Not only my ranger cant wear the armor, but even the guardian cant do kitten with it because IT IS SOULBOUND!

Anet please look into this. I’m sure i was not the only one.

(I’m sure that some of you will comment that i should have just given the tokens to my ranger…. I KNOW. Don’t even waste your time telling me this.)

As it is now, people like me can waste a lot of tokens on NOTHING. I know it is user error, but a good programmer does not even let kitten like this happen. Make the armor pieces account bound and soulbound on use plz.

Hope you will fix this bug, thanks.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It is silly and i see no reason for the sets to not be account bound. But just look at it as a lesson learned. My guildy did the exact same thing with a full set of gear for his newly leveled mesmer. We all laughed at him for it. He didnt bother complaining, he saw the funny side of his mistake and salvaged it all for ectos then saved the tokens up again.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s not a bug, it’s a player mistake, and one that you’ve hopefully learned from. That all said, I do agree that these items should be “Account Bound” and “Soulbound on Equip” much like the exotics from Fractals.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

I made the same mistake as you too, contacted support and they refuse to help. Another person I know mystic forged bolt precursor contact support and got it back, so apparently dungeon tokens are too insignificant for them to care about.

But anyway, you can still use that armor as a skin for you ranger by transmuting the dungeon armor onto a white armor. This will make it account bound. Your ranger can now take that armor and transmute it.

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’ve done this so many times and I just smack myself in the face and salvage for ectos. It already has giant red text that says you can’t use the armor, but for some reason that’s not good enough for most of our eyes. I just see that it’s the stats I want in the dungeon I want and buy it. /sigh
Account bound would be lovely, but until that happens, I guess just remember to check that it’s the armor type, armor piece, and stats that you want.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

You could also mystic forge it, maybe make lotsa gold.
Being able to buy the wrong type of armor at least has the benefit of seeing how your char could’ve looked ;p

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

If you wanted it for the look use crystals

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Buy some white medium armor pieces > transmute the medium pieces on your guard to the white pieces (making sure to take the stats of the white item and the skin of the exotic) > put in bank > withdraw on ranger > transmute skin to stats you want.

[DnT]

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Next time put tokens in right char before buying….lol

vvuevv

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

That’s awful, I’m really sorry that happened.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Proud to say I’ve never done this. But I then again I wasn’t surprised when you said you play Ranger…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: womble.2153

womble.2153

It’s a bit odd that the tokens are account-bound, but the gear bought is soul-bound. Sure, it’s user error, but lots of potential user error instances are prevented/prohibited by the code, and it would be more consistent for the gear and tokens to have the same initial “bind” status.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s a bit odd that the tokens are account-bound, but the gear bought is soul-bound. Sure, it’s user error, but lots of potential user error instances are prevented/prohibited by the code, and it would be more consistent for the gear and tokens to have the same initial “bind” status.

Well the problem is that they DID have the same initial bind status. It’s just that they forgot about all these other stuff when they made tokens account bound. Other things on the list are all those dungeon specific runes that drops. Then there are the very stupid extended potions …

Posted by: THE DOCTOR.3510

THE DOCTOR.3510

I just saw this thread and though,“I won’t ever do something like that.” Then, I logged onto Guild Wars, bought a heavy invaders helm and couldn’t believe I did it. Hope they change it a bit, maybe give you a warning like,“You are unable to use this armor class.” When you buy it, just a thought.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just saw this thread and though,“I won’t ever do something like that.” Then, I logged onto Guild Wars, bought a heavy invaders helm and couldn’t believe I did it. Hope they change it a bit, maybe give you a warning like,“You are unable to use this armor class.” When you buy it, just a thought.

Uh I am not sure I would like that. They already have a ‘are you sure?’ sort of dialog. At least for dungeon stuff.

I buy daggers with my warrior to toss in the forge because that is my weaponsmith, don’t really want any more prompts. Besides if people already ignoring existing prompts what are they chances they will be paying attention to the new ones?

Search rest of the forums for all the people who ignored the ‘if you apply this upgrade the item will be soulbound’ warning.