Why cant i run cof whenever i want to?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: skullcrusher.7849

skullcrusher.7849

Usually i like to run a quick cof for some tokens and coin before i go to bed as it is a swift run.

Tonight, al 5 of us where on different servers , all contested, 3 of us guested to 6 other servers , all contested….what gives?

11 servers contested. No one wants to do the event ,because quite frankly, i have done it soooo many times, it bores me to tears…

All i wanted was a quick cof, but alas tonight, a duneon run was denied from me.
IMHO i should be able to run dungeons whenever i choose to without participating in a silly event to " open the gates "….

If i want to run events, i go run events….
Please remove this silly event from cof, it wastes my time, it wastes the other 4 guys time, it wastes every single persons on the servers time…..

Now , without a doubt ill get the few that will come here and say " but i like doing the event, its part of the game "…..Sure it is, but it gets old, quick….

All i wanted to do was run a quick cof…just a quick ole run before bed…..

DENIED ACCESS……..

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

omg.

It’s a simple quest. Gather 5 people in your server and you could finish it. I’m pretty sure you’re not the only one wanting to run CoF.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

11 servers contested. No one wants to do the event ,because quite frankly, i have done it soooo many times, it bores me to tears…

as opposed to cof p1 that you have not done so many times that it bores you to tears? Sorry, but could not resist.

skullcrusher.7849

omg.

It’s a simple quest. Gather 5 people in your server and you could finish it. I’m pretty sure you’re not the only one wanting to run CoF.

And here are the first to arrive…
Did you not hear me. I DONT WANT TO DO THE EVENT, I WANT TO RUN THE DUNGEON….

knives.6345

Want to run dungeon? Do the event. Don’t want to run the event? Either wait for some good soul or do it.
You can’t have the best of both worlds.

Players these days… No offense.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

omg.

And here are the first to arrive…
Did you not hear me. I DONT WANT TO DO THE EVENT, which takes longer than the dungeon to complete, I WANT TO RUN THE DUNGEON….

Fixred that for you.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Sure and then why waste time to farm items for the legendaries ? They should give it to you straight away because this is what you want !

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So basically, OP, Anet is giving you a dungeon you can run in a handful of minutes, for suitable reward, and you’re complaining about the quest you need to do to unlock that?

If it were up to me, I’d make the dungeon harder, so you couldn’t just run it casually before bed. Obviously the experience has spoiled some people.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If it were up to me, I’d make the dungeon harder, so you couldn’t just run it casually before bed. Obviously the experience has spoiled some people.

Unfortunately making the game so easy that people do activities and are 100% they will get their rewards, creates people like the OP that do not want to change their routine.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

http://jsfiddle.net/KoxAlen/ZV9fu/embedded/result/

Of course, if all you do is use this then you’re leeching off of people who do complete the event chain. So don’t be a mooch, complete the dang event every once in awhile.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Unfortunately making the game so easy that people do activities and are 100% they will get their rewards, creates people like the OP that do not want to change their routine.

easy to do dugeon with high rewards is actually messing up the economy.

Vayne.8563

easy to do dugeon with high rewards is actually messing up the economy.

I agree. It should be made to be in line with some of the harder dungeons..or the rewards should be nerfed and leave it easy…but this is just silly.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why can’t I get a legendary whenever I want to?

Why can’t I get lvl 80 whenever I want to?

Why can’t I get BIS armor whenever I want to?

Put in effort and maybe you get whatever you want

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

Guys. Give him some credit. He’s onto something here. In fact I say we take it a step further. Why not just make it so that we don’t even have to do the slave driver fight? Or the acolytes. Frankly even the gate controller is boring when you’ve done it enough times. And we all the effigy is just a roadblock between us and the chest. Just cut them all

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

A couple months ago I made a thread where I asked about using Laurels to get Dungeon Tokens.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-no-dungeon-tokens-for-laurels/first#post1651878

The response was “If you want the rewards, you have to do the content.” I think it’s safe to say that the same applies here.

And for the record? While I don’t like dungeons, I do like doing events.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

I’m not going to get in to a debate on whether CoF should be nerfed or how fast it is or how easy it is. I do agree that I’ve always found it silly that certain dungeons would be “closed” at all. I can see that during development and perhaps at release that it would have seemed epic to have to do a DE chain in order to gain access to a dungeon but after months of it, it just seems tedious. And why only certain dungeons and not all of them?

And no I’m not in favor of stuff being handed out.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The event to open up COF has proven to be quite profitable to me. I usually end up with some good loot, better loot than the dungeon in fact.

But I can understand those who want to do a ‘quick’ dungeon run. There are sites now that will tell you which servers, if any, have COF open.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

DENIED ACCESS……..

The only thing that stopped you from completing the event was your group’s laziness. It’s seriously a couple minutes. You’re trying to make it seem like the ability to run CoF was taken away from you entirely, instead of a very minor step being put in the way of it. If a group seriously assembled to run the dungeon but disbanded because of the prerequisite event, that group really doesn’t sound like they’d have had a chance of finishing the dungeon anyway.

The simple answer is you CAN run CoF whenever you want. The very minor access event does not constitute a substantial barrier, much less an insurmountable one.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Usually i like to run a quick cof for some tokens and coin before i go to bed as it is a swift run.

Tonight, al 5 of us where on different servers , all contested, 3 of us guested to 6 other servers , all contested….what gives?

All i wanted was a quick cof, but alas tonight, a duneon run was denied from me.
IMHO i should be able to run dungeons whenever i choose to without participating in a silly event to " open the gates "….

Please remove this silly event from cof, it wastes my time, it wastes the other 4 guys time, it wastes every single persons on the servers time…..

Now , without a doubt ill get the few that will come here and say " but i like doing the event, its part of the game "…..Sure it is, but it gets old, quick….

DENIED ACCESS……..

Feeling a tad entitled aren’t you? Just do the easy event for the extra loot then enter.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

skullcrusher.7849

DENIED ACCESS……..

Feeling a tad entitled aren’t you? Just do the easy event for the extra loot then enter.

My god, do you ppl even run dungeons in pugs? Or are most of you here jus tthe typical social buterflies that hang out with guildies and talk about your day?

The event was up, i was prepared to do it, i told the group so, 2 of them left…
NOONE wants to do it.
Its not about handouts, i was a serious raider ,taking a break til lthat other company unnerfs their game, I DONT WANT handouts, ever…

What i want is the ability to run any dungeon i choose when i want.
When raiding, i cant ever seem to recall doing any events that took 15 minutes to start raiding!!!

Atleast put the event cooldown on a few hours instead of every 30 minutes…

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Ah, another prime example of what is wrong with the world, today: complacency. People are willing to blindlessly defend the status quo simply because that’s the way it is, regardless of how things should be. With every breath of their pointless and tireless defense of the norm, the world gets that much worse. If only you could focus that determination back at the source where it belongs instead of at the people who have genuine suggestions and concerns.

I have hope that one day, you idiots will wake up and open your eyes to see how ridiculous your brand loyalty and contrary natures are. At least I know I’ll be long dead before your generation turns the world into a dystopia.

knives.6345

Ah, another prime example of what is wrong with the world, today: complacency. People are willing to blindlessly defend the status quo simply because that’s the way it is, regardless of how things should be. With every breath of their pointless and tireless defense of the norm, the world gets that much worse. If only you could focus that determination back at the source where it belongs instead of at the people who have genuine suggestions and concerns.

I have hope that one day, you idiots will wake up and open your eyes to see how ridiculous your brand loyalty and contrary natures are. At least I know I’ll be long dead before your generation turns the world into a dystopia.

It’s not blindly defending – it’s just, there is really nothing wrong with it.

Just because some players are too lazy doesn’t mean that ANet’s design is wrong.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Trust me uncontesting CoE feels worse. And still almost every time when I want to run it closer to the evening I have to do it. And with 2 people or so (other team members normally don’t want to bother guesting) it takes about 20-30 minutes of work. CoF is easy to uncontest in comparison.
I do however think that neither of the dungeons should become contested.

knives.6345

DENIED ACCESS……..

My god, do you ppl even run dungeons in pugs? Or are most of you here jus tthe typical social buterflies that hang out with guildies and talk about your day?

NOONE wants to do it.
Its not about handouts, i was a serious raider ,taking a break til lthat other company unnerfs their game, I DONT WANT handouts, ever…

When raiding, i cant ever seem to recall doing any events that took 15 minutes to start raiding!!!

There is your problem – No one wants to do it. Either it means you’re the only one interested on CoF, or the players in your server is too kitten lazy to put in a little effort for all. Why don’t you go to LA and rally some people? Let me guess, too lazy to put in that effort too?

Vayne.8563

DENIED ACCESS……..

NOONE wants to do it.

In many games dungeons have prerequisites. In most of those games it’s a lengthy gearing up process. And after you gear up and run the dungeon for a bit, the dungeon becomes meaningless because you’re over-geared for it. Therefore, in most games you can’t run dungeons whenever you want anyway.

In Guild Wars 2 dungeons remain viable LONG after they’re completely stupid in other games. If the price of that is a dynamic event, deal with it.

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

@ the OP, you could always do a different dungeon like CM. Or, do yo just want the cheapest reward/effort ratio? If so you’re going to be one of the guys that really gets upset if they ever nerf CoF pt1… :P

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

@ the OP, you could always do a different dungeon like CM. Or, do yo just want the cheapest reward/effort ratio? If so you’re going to be one of the guys that really gets upset if they ever nerf CoF pt1… :P

Or when they realize they can use this event to nerf CoF pt1 without having to touch the dungeon at all.

I can see the patch note now: “The Flame Legion have gotten serious about protecting their home, expect increased resistance when trying to access the Citadel of Flame.”

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

You heard it here first folks. ANet’s failure to spike this brief event in order to better facilitate the speed farming of a dungeon that’s already on the fast track to nerf town is going to lead to the dissolution of civilization as we know it.

When we’re murdering each other in the irradiated wasteland for the last can of gasoline and baggie of expired beef jerky on the continent that used to be North America, we can point back to this day and pinpoint the beginning of the end.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

DENIED ACCESS……..

Sorry but you’re playing the wrong game. This is a game about a living world with constant struggle between races, losing access to dungeons and needing to take it over and claim if your races makes the world feel epic and alive. If you want a theme park, instant gratification MMO there are numerous ones out there. Might I suggest some to you? They might be to your liking:

Rift, SWTOR, WOW, Tera, Neverwinter.

Posted by: WolfOwl.3968

WolfOwl.3968

You heard it here first folks. ANet’s failure to spike this brief event in order to better facilitate the speed farming of a dungeon that’s already on the fast track to nerf town is going to lead to the dissolution of civilization as we know it.

When we’re murdering each other in the irradiated wasteland for the last can of gasoline and baggie of expired beef jerky on the continent that used to be North America, we can point back to this day and pinpoint the beginning of the end.

Somehow… I have to stop laughing.

I just can’t.

@ the OP – So you want to do a quick speed run, discover an event is keeping you from it, and instead of just doing the event you decide to guest on mulitple servers, each time discovering (oh the horror) that the event is active on all of those servers.

Wouldn’t have just been easier to, oh I don’t know, do the event and be done with it?

“I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.”

Posted by: Reya.1895

Reya.1895

Wow. The overwhelming fanboy replies here are just … wow.

I hate having to unlock an entrance. Arah was by far the worst, thank goodness they fixed that up.

Don’t get me wrong, the dynamic events are fun (especially the Arah gate one) – but to have to do it to get into a dungeon?

Reality check: I have limited time before I have to go to bed to get up for work again. I spend 10-20min forming a dungeon group (thankfully now made faster due to 3rd party website) and then we all find that the entrance is contested. The group falls apart instantly and everyone leaves to do something else.

I’m not asking for it to be ‘handed to me’, I simply want to be able to run various content as time allows.

Now specifically with CoF, please don’t lie and say ‘it only takes a few minutes’. It doesn’t. If you have to start it from the actual cave the Charr is in it’s the escort time all the way there + 6min clearing boring waves of mobs. The first two, three, even 10 times you do it it’s ok …. after that, are you serious? I have to do a 10-14min event AGAIN?! I thought I killed these guys over and over already, the Pact just can’t hold a gate can they.

What’s even worse is if you finish a path, come out of the dungeon with everyone wanting to go for the next path – and no, all contested, again.

CoE is just as bad, if not worse. Stop being fanboys – locked dungeon entrances are stupid. The time to form up a group, get there and then do the dungeon is enough as it is, it doesn’t need a locked gate too.

To those crying about his ‘I want it now’ attitude. Stop.
The fact that CoF P1 is ruining the game is a different topic.

WolfOwl.3968

Stop being fanboys – locked dungeon entrances are stupid. The time to form up a group, get there and then do the dungeon is enough as it is, it doesn’t need a locked gate too.

To those crying about his ‘I want it now’ attitude. Stop.

I suspect that the only time “fanboy” and “hater” come up in threads is when someone is either losing an argument or can’t articulate one of their own, so they resort to name calling. I’ve not read anything here to suggest that anyone is defending the event “because Anet put it there, that’s why” or complaining about it for the opposite reason. There are shades of grey here.

Why is a “locked” dungeon stupid? Because you don’t want to run the event or because you feel entitled to just run the dungeon? As someone else pointed out, the fact that all dungeons in GW2 remain valid itself invalidates any one-time entrance requirements. Perhaps simply asking for the frequency of the event to be toned down might suffice.

Though I suspect even that wouldn’t appease the immediate need crowd.

He’s expressing his “want it now” desire on a public forum, I don’t believe it’s bad form to call him out on it.

Reya.1895

@WolfOwl.

Frankly? A “locked” dungeon is stupid because it is not fun.

CoF P1 is the extreme example where running it takes less time than unlocking the dungeon.

In other cases, especially in PuGs or when playing with people new to dungeons the extra time tacked on by having to unlock an entrance is simply not fun. There’s absolutely nothing fun about it, at all, ever. Dynamic events? sure, great. The fact that dungeon entrances stay locked on most servers is not only testament to the fact that they go contested far too quickly, but that no-one gives a kitten about clearing them because they are not fun.

@ the fanboy remark, it seemed appropriate due to the lack of intelligent posts actually discussing the mechanics of locked dungeon entrances, and more poking fun at a poster. Which is appropriate when most of them are defending a mechanic in a game simply because ’that’s how GW2 is’.
The few remarks that seem to say ‘I like unlocking dungeon entrances’ are also clearly posted by people who rarely go to dungeons and need to do those events.

The only post worth reading in this thread is 3rd one from the top, by Silver.

WolfOwl.3968

@WolfOwl.

Frankly? A “locked” dungeon is stupid because it is not fun.

I personally find things like that can be gratifying. Earning your way into a dungeon is more satisfying than simply cruising through it to get the loot at the end.

May as well be an NPC at the entrance that hands out rares and resets every 5 minutes.

And you’re not calling for intelligent arguments when you classify something as “stupid.” You’re essentially making the statement that you’ll give credit to no argument that contradicts your point of view, locking the discussion into a “us vs them” cluster.

WolfOwl.3968

But yeah, keep telling yourself you’re “earning” something if that boost your self confidence.

I didn’t claim that doing the event in and of itself was gratifying, but completing the chain as a whole.

Also, if any yokel can do the event, what’s the problem again?

Oh yeah, time waster, in a MMO…..

StormageddonBK.9842

…so a sarcastic jab is OK but constructive suggestions are not? Tell me Obi Wan of forums, what should we say???

StormageddonBK.9842

Or when they realize they can use this event to nerf CoF pt1 without having to touch the dungeon at all.

I can see the patch note now: “The Flame Legion have gotten serious about protecting their home, expect increased resistance when trying to access the Citadel of Flame.”

Maybe this is their thinking, it could tie into the living story element of Tyria at some point.

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

I’m not going to get in to a debate on whether CoF should be nerfed or how fast it is or how easy it is. I do agree that I’ve always found it silly that certain dungeons would be “closed” at all. I can see that during development and perhaps at release that it would have seemed epic to have to do a DE chain in order to gain access to a dungeon but after months of it, it just seems tedious. And why only certain dungeons and not all of them?

And no I’m not in favor of stuff being handed out.

you are one of the few people who commented, that is intelligent enough to know what the OP is saying. Thank you.

Roman Legionary.6715

I personally find things like that can be gratifying. Earning your way into a dungeon is more satisfying than simply cruising through it to get the loot at the end.

May as well be an NPC at the entrance that hands out rares and resets every 5 minutes.

You’re acting as if these events proved your party worthy of entering the dungeon instance. They’re just dumb time wasters. Any of the groups that fail stuff like CoF path 3 or CoE would be able to run these events. Not having to run these dumb events isn’t anything close to a sense of entitlement or being handed out rares like candy. Just make the dungeon path a bit longer and harder if need be. These events are no fun and could be completed half asleep while spamming 11111.

You’re not “earning” a right to do a dungeon through skill and challenge, you’re earning it through wasting your time on absolutely asinine stuff.

But yeah, keep telling yourself you’re “earning” something if that boost your self confidence.

No need to bash that poor soul, so many tools on here that needed it. However, you’re at the core of what the OP is saying ( so many unintelligent people making absurd comments that are off topic) Thank you, and +1+1+1+1+1

WolfOwl.3968

you are one of the few people who commented, that is intelligent enough to know what the OP is saying. Thank you.

What the OP was saying was made pretty clear in his 1st post, no need to insult those who disagree with him.

And that person made a much more reasoned case for not having events blocking the dungeon than any of the other supporters.

Roman Legionary.6715

What the OP was saying was made pretty clear in his 1st post, no need to insult those who disagree with him.

And that person made a much more reasoned case for not having events blocking the dungeon than any of the other supporters.

I’m not insulting those who disagree with him, I’m insulting those who want to troll or not smart enough to know what the topic is.

Reya.1895

…so a sarcastic jab is OK but constructive suggestions are not? Tell me Obi Wan of forums, what should we say???

what constructive comments? most of the posts are people telling him he’s lazy. the sarcastic post was at least pointing out that his reasoning was silly – because the same issue lies with his goal of dungeon running in the first place.

Nikaido.3457 nailed it in better words than me, yet WolfOwl still claims that somehow they’re still a necessary element of the game. No.

“I personally find things like that can be gratifying. Earning your way into a dungeon is more satisfying than simply cruising through it to get the loot at the end.
And you’re not calling for intelligent arguments when you classify something as “stupid.” You’re essentially making the statement that you’ll give credit to no argument that contradicts your point of view, locking the discussion into a “us vs them” cluster.”

so you get called on your ‘gratifying’ comment and then cover by saying you find the whole chain gratifying, yet that’s still silly? like i said doing it once – ok, doing it a few times, ok – but doing it endlessly is just frustrating and stupid. i’ve already earned and re-earned the right to run a dungeon when i want countless times.

what’s more we’re talking about something that is forced on the audience. it’s not like ‘you enjoy doing DEs and I don’t, so you do DEs and I don’t’. it’s ‘regardless of whether or not you want to blow the time to unlock the entrance, if you want to do the dungeon get to it’.

Your next comment is equally bad – about getting handed rares. That’s got nothing to do with a locked dungeon entrance. That’s about whether or not dungeons are too easy – sure, if they are, then submit that dungeons should be harder. I agree, speed-run paths should be harder, no argument there … instead you turn it into a bad argument about something hardly related.

My comment about it being stupid is because it IS stupid. The first few times it makes sense … in other games you have to get keys, attuned, gear levels, all sorts of stuff… to ‘earn your way’ into a dungeon. It makes sense, it’s great, it’s fun.
Having a time sink (which is literally nothing more than a time sink) as the gate for entering a dungeon is stupid when it repeats, and re-repeats, and re-repeats, especially when it locks between running path X and path Y.

Reya.1895

To offer some constructive ideas to get away from the back-and-forth-ing.

1: (already suggested by someone else) increasing the time between DEs so that it doesn’t lock as often.
2: having a ‘dungeon lobby’ area once you are in that then lets you in to each path, so that running a different path doesn’t involve zoning back out into the world
3: adding the “time sink” aspect and unlocking to the beginning of the actual dungeon itself rather than an open-world sink. if nothing-else, this will help shape expectations of the group, what they’re going to deal with as they form, etc, instead of creating frustrating situations of 10+ servers with locked entrances.
4: increasing the difficulty of the dungeons so they’re not as cruisy, in particular speed-paths – to help shift dungeon running to ‘earning skins’ more than ‘farming gold’.

Posted by: Avylin.2635

Avylin.2635

Having dungeon accessibility tied to a 10+ minute ESCORT AND DEFEND event that cannot be sped up regardless of player numbers/ability, and resets every 30 minutes is a bad idea period.

It would be one thing if this event was on the same timer/window as other events worth doing (the chest boss spawns), and wasn’t an ESCORT.

I wouldn’t mind going over there and killing X mobs in the area to unlock it for my group, and when it wasn’t set in stone that the trouble would take 10+ minutes, people probably wouldn’t be as inclined to leave and find another group who have an open instance. Because it’s actually faster to do that, especially as a Warrior or Mesmer, than sit around and wait for one person in another server to escort the mob and camp for 6 minutes killing adds. Considering that you have to leave the instance to start another path or reset, this becomes especially irritating.

Also, to those who would suggest the event is to counteract the CoF farm, no. It’s been like that before CoF p1 was recognized as the premier farming run, as has the broken npc letting everyone know the gates of flame have been captured regardless of their actual status.

In short, having a dungeon be contested is in general an unfortunate concept, but in this case it goes above and beyond with the purely time-sink event.

“Honestly, I’m beginning to
wonder if a dungeon dev team
ever existed in the first place.” – Siv

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I’ve read these dungeon forums for about 5 minutes and you dungeoneers all disgust me, 95% of you are crying about this or that being a minor nuisance, as someone thankfully said just do the kitten event or do a different dungeon…if not suck it up it’s a fricken game

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Reya.1895

I’ve read these dungeon forums for about 5 minutes and you dungeoneers all disgust me, 95% of you are crying about this or that being a minor nuisance, as someone thankfully said just do the kitten event or do a different dungeon…if not suck it up it’s a fricken game

and you are clearly someone who doesn’t understand dungeons and probably doesn’t run them
if you’re trying to get a skin from dungeon X, why change your mind (and that of everyone in the group) to run dungeon Y? there is literally no point

as i’ve said before the discussions about the difficulty of dungeons (and by relation, speed paths for farming) are a different thing. the issue with gates closed for dungeon entrances is what is being discussed – and you might enjoy blowing 10-12min opening a gate but people who actually run dungeons regularly, especially with PuGs, don’t.

on top of that one of the strengths of GW2 is that ‘if you want to do X you can go do it, not everyone has to enjoy it, not everyone has to do it, but you can do it’. this is especially true for some of the limited content that was put in like SAB and Crab Toss. yet, with dungeons – whether or not you want to you have to blow that time doing those DEs when what you want to do is a dungeon.

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

There is a difference between “If I want to do X, I can do it” and “If I want to do X now, I must be able to do it now”.
The former is more or less true, the latter no, and in my opinion does not need to be either.

This is not about cof being available for anyone at the appropriate level to do, this is about the demand to be able to do it at will at whatever time, and branding it “DENIED ACCESS” because you have to do something else before you can do that content you want.

Imagine a post saying:
“I want to kill golem for the rare, but I was too bored to do the pre-event and so it failed and golem did not spawn. DENIED ACCESS.”
Yeah, I know it is not a dungeon, but the attitude is exactly the same.

I think many of us who reacted negatively to the original post will agree that perhaps the frequency of the event is too high. Or that the event is too long. What I think triggered most of the “bashing” posts, is the attitude “I want my candy and I want it NOW”.

If you think something does not work well suggest an improvement. But if you come to the forums crying because you were not able to do cof last night before bed as if this is the single most game breaking issue or something personal against you, you are unlikely to get any sympathy.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Guest to a server with it open, run dungeon, profit. I never have to do the event when I want to do a dungeon.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Guest to a server with it open, run dungeon, profit. I never have to do the event when I want to do a dungeon.

This, if you really want to do the dungeon before you go to bed then you are probably joining that group on a 3rd party program. There are many other programs that tell you which server has it open. As for myself i try to run the event whenever i can because it just makes it easier for everyone. Also try to get story done, it makes it a lot easier on yourself if you have story unlocked rather than hoping that one of your groupmates has story and a unlocked dungeon.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown