Why do explorable mode instances downrank?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

if they are not intended to be possible for players under 80 to do?

Posted by: Chilsung.3710

Chilsung.3710

I was thinking about this earlier today and was really stumped. Mostly the thought came up in response to the Magg event change. It is quite clear that the event in its current incarnation is not supposed to be completed except by very well geared 80s. There is just absolutely no hope for a group of lower level players to do that, especially the “proper” way. If this is the intended balance, why on Earth does the dungeon make people lvl 76? It makes no logical sense. A group of 76 players even with the best gear available to them would get slaughtered.

Even one 76 player now is detrimental to the group. It’s very confusing and I’d love to know the reasoning behind the decision.

??

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

I was thinking about this earlier today and was really stumped. Mostly the thought came up in response to the Magg event change. It is quite clear that the event in its current incarnation is not supposed to be completed except by very well geared 80s.

Uh. It’s a level 75 explorable mode dungeon. The difference in difficulty between 75 and 80 is not going to be that large.

Explorable modes can be completed before 80. Some of the best players I’ve run with were doing them around the dungeon’s downlevel (often on alts). Really some of the best runs I’ve been in so far.

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

They r not ment for 80s only. We did that Caudecus’s Manor explorable on lvl 50ish.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Chilsung.3710

Chilsung.3710

Uh. It’s a level 75 explorable mode dungeon. The difference in difficulty between 75 and 80 is not going to be that large.
Explorable modes can be completed before 80. Some of the best players I’ve run with were doing them around the dungeon’s downlevel (often on alts). Really some of the best runs I’ve been in so far.

I don’t think you’ve done CoF recently. I defy you to find a group of 75 players that can complete the door buster event using a kill strat (the “proper” way according to the developers).

??

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

dungeons suck, dont do them simples

they will change them when they realise less people are loggin on and no one is doing dungeons

Posted by: Blaze.4932

Blaze.4932

I play as a Ele, now I feel like I play D3 as a mage. All I do is run around most of the time kitting in either SM or explore mode. If I outlive my team its just “Hit run run run heal run run hit run run”…Some bosses are fine but others one hitting your group even when everyone is dodging for their lives.
Or not even hitting hard just insane amount of Health so you waste your time such as in the case I found with CM explore with that hound boss x.x thing took like 15+ mins to die : / lol

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

I do explorables without being level 80. You have less damage output so it can take a little longer sometimes, but it’s possible.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

As long as it downranks, they can’t claim it’s end game hard content aimed at only well geared 80s.

If its down ranking you to 75, well, level 75’s in blues and greens need to be able to complete it.