Why does Mossman hate me so?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I play a Charr thief. Why is it whenever any party I’m in I’m always the one kiting the Mossman? He’s after me 99% of the time. The other 1% is when I’m dead. He’s an easy boss simply because no one else has to worry about aggro except me.

Are bosses designed so that they hate certain classes and/or races over others?

Also, is Open Grave and Fancy Footwork achievements bugged? I’ve done these so many times and have not received them.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

When I run this on glass cannon ranger he always focuses on me and no-one else. I figure its got something to do with either DPS or armour rating.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I had this happen before on my glass cannon Engineer. So +1 for the DPS theory.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I got chased on my bunker ele and guardian. So no DPS theory. He just hates a particular someone in the match.

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I hate him because of that, if he chooses to go after me it’s the most frustrating thing. I can survive most of the times now, but still.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

There shouldn’t be any boss that focuses on the same player throughout the whole fight. It’s just crappy design.

It’s happened to me before, it’s frustrating, and annoys the hell out of me after a minute.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Mggd.2907

Mggd.2907

Also, is Open Grave and Fancy Footwork achievements bugged? I’ve done these so many times and have not received them.

you have to kill the ambient crabs, they count towards the achievement. As for fancy footwork, you might be standing in the small lava pools at the boss fight.

Sea Of Sorrows ~ Soris Raven

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

I also seen the Mossman go after one player forever. Happened to me twice. It happened around 26-32 and nobody seemed to mind, or even preferred him that way.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

He gives you each a number when you emerge from the water. Before you attack him he rolls a dice and targets the corresponding number for the entire battle, if he gets a 6 then he gets to choose the best looking player that would make an excellent ornament in his hut.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Man, it’s nice to not be that person once in a while. We all get our turn, take one for the team!

Posted by: Huechi.2658

Huechi.2658

I play a thief too, and it seems like Mossman is always picking on me (and Lupi that one time I tried out Arah).
I tried to get some respite by moving away and being in stealth around the time Mossman would reappear, but he always seems to thwack me with his axes. Hmm, maybe I was standing in front of someone else he was targeting.

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

tbh he’s one of the few bosses that’s designed relistically with he’s targting.
if there isn’t a clear first person who hit him, he basically goes for the most dangerous class in the party (with least health first) ie the one that can do lots of damage outside his attack range (ele aoe etc) and or help other characters out of tricky situations (thief stealth), or he just doesn’t like thiefs

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It may be the person who applies the most conditions.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

As a warrior I find most bosses in fractals target me. I have come to accept it because it means the rest of my team will survive.Not saying I don’t get downed. As I climb the levels Im getting really good at kiting. On those times where Im not the target I end up spending a lot of time rezing instead of fighting. If anything, being the target is a big responsibility. Most players give props when you can kite mossman and not get downed.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m a glass cannon mesmer and rarely ever get aggro. The one time he did he transformed into the wolf-zerker, reset, and followed me exclusively (just ran in circles).

Mostly one of the guards in my party gets the aggro, with every now and then he teleports the double axe attack to me or somebody else.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

You guys are lucky he usually hits me with agony axe. then double melee gouge axe attack then im downed. Someone tries to res me then he throws the agony axe again and dead.

I find that kiting him just takes longer better to burst him down then run around for 30 mins chasing him. although you need lots of aegis ha.

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

My buddie who is a Ranger moss man will not leave him alone. he ignores me the mesmer and goes streat for the ranger and even the ranger has to equip dodge evasion skill and kite in a huge circle. poor guy lol but ya he would run and run dodge like no tommrow and the guardian is using massive heals and aegsis to keep him alive while we chase him down and kill him.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

haha this reminds me, just the other night I had a group with 3 guardians so I ran glass cannon on my war thinking they would have the brains to chain aegis for mossman’s stealth. They didn’t, in fact two of them didn’t touch their virtues the entire run. So he focussed my warrior the entire fight and naturally I began to kite him while in stealth as there were no aegises. I was then raged at non stop because I was moving him around and they were too dumb to follow. I said, well what do you want me to do?

The answer- ‘just face tank him and die, we will just chain res you.’

I was sworn at and called all sorts of names by an idiot who didn’t know how to use his virtues and his suggestion was to just facetank and die. Gotta love pugs XD.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Being the fastest to kill is one of the primary agro attractors. Low max health/toughness equals high agro in this game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Unflinching.8967

Unflinching.8967

I play a Charr thief. Why is it whenever any party I’m in I’m always the one kiting the Mossman? He’s after me 99% of the time. The other 1% is when I’m dead. He’s an easy boss simply because no one else has to worry about aggro except me.

Are bosses designed so that they hate certain classes and/or races over others?

Are you playing a female character?

Our group has come to the understanding that Mossman is a lonely man, who’s lived all his life in the woods and just needs some intimacy.

On a more serious note, I couldn’t tell what’s going on. I somehow think you’re just unlucky as in our group most people get his aggro. (Female models DO get aggro more often, though, but I think it’s down to them being DPS or whatever.)

Cheeres mate