Why does no one do CoE?

Why does no one do CoE?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheBaron.4927

TheBaron.4927

I want to get an armour from the CoE vendor. So i went to look for people that wanted to do CoE explore. There was no one around for even storymode? Why does no one do this dungeon and does any1 want to do it now?

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Some could answer boring, bugged, armor not so cool etc.
Try to find some guildies doing it, motivated as you are.
Or keep spamming LFM trying to find people. Talk with them about their motivation, add them on contact list. You will have your daily group

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Because people are horrible and find Subject Alpha too hard.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: ccastiel.6931

ccastiel.6931

CoE armor skin sucks

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

CoE boss isn’t bugged. You just don’t know how to kill it, my guild been doing it since forever. It doable within 35 mins.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The dungeon is boring as hell. (Of the 3 paths, there is ONE unique boss per path. And 4-5 that are the same per path… One of them is even a clone of the butcher from HoTW so lol at that too)

You also fight the same boss 3 times per path (for a grand total of 9 fights vs the same kitten boss if you want to 100% it!)

And he’s hilariously overtuned in every path that isnt teleporter. (i’ve said it once and ill say it again. Teeth of mordramoth is 100% grade A bullkitten. Especially seeing as the best strategy to dodge it [standing behind him] is impossible when he decides to stand with his back to a wall!) I could solo him in teleporter given an hour or two. I rarely last over 3 minutes in sub or front door if he stands in a corner.

Oh also one of the bosses routinely bugs out, causing him to be stuck. However because he’s stuck he’s almost immune to all damage that isnt conditions. Leading to 2 hour long fights based on party setup.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

It was bugged for me in my last run. The final boss did not collide with the pillars.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

@OP: Idk I want the armor too but I find it too long and boring, especially with this bugged DR system…I’m sure when they fix that there’ll be an overall jump in dungeon activity again

@DeadlyStormZ: Happened a few times to my teams too but it’s easy to fix, just stack conditions

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Werdase.5810

Werdase.5810

I think CoE is not hard at all, just dont do it with 1st timers, noobs. Grab ppl who know the dungeon, (maybe who willing to use teamspeak —→ front door path ><) Ppl dont run this because they are noobs, and they cant kill alpha and die all time.. When i grab my best ppl to do it from the guild, we clear it with no wipes, and 1-2deaths /boss (btw alpha is very easy.. even in front door path.. just you have to pay attention..) So do not nerf this dung Anet, because the armor is sexy and ppl must prove they are worthy to wear it ^^

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

Werdase, I think you exemplify just why people don’t like to do PUGs.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Werdase, I think you exemplify just why people don’t like to do PUGs.

Agreed. The game’s still relatively new and people have to cut their teeth sooner or later.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The thing I dislike most about the dungeon is that when you’re an Elementalist and time you dodge just a little bit wrong, you die at Project Alpha.

So even if I get it right 9 out of 10 times, I still get blow up a lot.

And even that would’t be so bad if I didn’t have to run back for 5 minutes. Waypoints placement ftl.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Why does no one do CoE?

Zenyatoo.4059

The thing I dislike most about the dungeon is that when you’re an Elementalist and time you dodge just a little bit wrong, you die at Project Alpha.

So even if I get it right 9 out of 10 times, I still get blow up a lot.

And even that would’t be so bad if I didn’t have to run back for 5 minutes. Waypoints placement ftl.

as an ele I lived longer than everyone in my group all 3 times I did CoE. Honestly ele has it made for alpha. mist form, arcane shield and lightning flash? I used to love getting stuck in the crystals because then I could just tank while he stood in front of me as my party wailed on him.

Also swiftness comes easy for ele, as do heals.

The only class that might have it easier is mesmer tbh.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Yeah, Mesmer on alpha is super faceroll, except for maybe when he’s using the fire element.

My Elementalist friend tells me he always goes Sceptre/X and takes the Arcane trait that boosts endurance regeneration while wielding a sceptre. I think there’s also a 33% chance to vigour on crit trait there, too. Both help immensely, along with choosing the appropriate utilities.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

as an ele I lived longer than everyone in my group all 3 times I did CoE. Honestly ele has it made for alpha. mist form, arcane shield and lightning flash? I used to love getting stuck in the crystals because then I could just tank while he stood in front of me as my party wailed on him.

Every time I see two posts like this disagreeing, I always wish the original posters had their builds in the post as well. This guys’ build works very well for the encounter, and it would be a good learning experience if the build were posted.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Maif.7594

Maif.7594

At least there are Waypoints. Unlike TA.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: flipside.3502

flipside.3502

I try and do CoE, but it’s really hard to find a group. Anyone who wants to run CoE, add me to your buddy list…got 1 piece of armor, still need the other 5.

If anyone’s up to do all 3, I’m definitely game for that!

Why does no one do CoE?

Zenyatoo.4059

@ plasma
This is what I run. And tbh it’s really not optimal for CoE because it’s my D/D build and I ended up using a staff. But it still works for tele alpha.

10 air (with 20% faster glyphs)
30 arcana (elemental attunement, whatever the 33% vig on crit is called, and evasive arcana)
10 earth (armor of earth at 50% hp)
20 water (cleansing wave and the cantrip mastery)
Utilities are arcane shield, lightning flash and mist form
Ultimate is elemental (im a charr. Other races may have better options)

Basic strategy for alpha includes switching between air water and earth. Water for heals, earth for the protection buff and weakening him, and air for swiftness. (with a staff that is, so you can stay at a range)

When you’re doing the teleporter path his attacks are the teeth of primordius, which has a long telegraph between red circle appearing and tooth dropping. And teeth of jormag which is the one that covers the room. Both of these can be avoided by running out of them or dodge rolling at the right time. Easily accomplished with swiftness or vigor. If you have to take a hit, use protection, I had around 16k hp doing this, so unless I got hit by overlapping jormags I could usually take 1 of those.

when alpha puts you in a crystal
1. DONT PANIC
2. Look at alpha. See what he’s doing. Usually when alpha puts you in the crystal he follows a set attack pattern: he’ll run up to the crystal, smack you a few times (on me this did a paltry 2k damage) sometimes he’ll fart out fire everywhere which again tickled. Then and only then will he consider busting out a stronger attack
3. When you see a red circle under you, either jormag or primodius it’s time to move. Always use lightning flash first if it’s up. It comes back faster, and it’s a guaranteed escape
4. if your lightning flash is down, a combination of arcane shield and mist form usually sees you through. Remember, arcane shield only blocks 3 hits. if there are overlapped jormags then they will probably still hit you. Mist form can block infinity jormags while it’s up, so it’s usually the safer choice if he’s doing that to you.

The crystals wear out over time, so you can break out simply by surviving rather than escaping.

as for other general tips: Consider making some fire salsa. This gives 100% more downed health, and extra damage while downed. If you go downed, tab around to find an undead tendril and try and kill it. You’ll rally if you do.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

I run CoE with some guildies every once and awhile, and I will say, alpha is not hard. Just a long annoying fight. I don’t mind dodging the AoE’s and such, but making it a 30 min+ fight does not make it more hard or more fun. Just reduce his health is all I ask for.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: above mars.4586

above mars.4586

Tip for fighting project alpha: dont move. when he casts those aoes, the inner circle is a safe spot. the only time this wont work is if you and another group member’s aoe circles overlap somewhere and you get hit.

another alternative tip for project alpha that worked well in the front door path, the last fight. it might work in all the other paths, but this is the one that i discovered it on and i havent ran it since: get him up against the wall and bash the hell out of him. every time he aoes, just evade into the wall. this lets you stay in the same spot and maximizes dps. also, if all (or maybe just 3) of the group members are there, it allows you to break the crystal very fast.

Why does no one do CoE?

Posted by: Nate Gray.9241

Nate Gray.9241

I’d like his health lowered too :x actually the health of most bosses. It’s not for difficulty, it’s just that I frequently find myself kind of yawning about halfway through even when it’s a challenge. Just takes far too long, it’s like artificially inflating content. I prefer the big boss battles outside, where things are burned down relatively quick. I want to constantly be engaged with fast pacing and action, not killing the same thing for 15 min >_<