Why doesn't anyone ever run the SE dungeon??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Resilient.8634

Resilient.8634

Ok, I seems like everyone runs every dungeon but not SE. I’ve ran path 3 only, and I’ve been told the 1st & 2nd paths are very difficult. Could it be that most players don’t like the way the weapons and armors appearance look? Or the stats? Can anyone give me a reason why SE isn’t a popular dungeon to run.

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Ok, I seems like everyone runs every dungeon but not SE. I’ve ran path 3 only, and I’ve been told the 1st & 2nd paths are very difficult. Could it be that most players don’t like the way the weapons and armors appearance look? Or the stats? Can anyone give me a reason why SE isn’t a popular dungeon to run.

Path 1 is not as bad as people make you believe Get some damage in your group and it is a piece of cake.

Path 2 has a very annoying last boss, that might make people not want to run it, me included.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Path 1 is rough, especially if your new to it.
Path 2 takes forever
Path 3 is pretty darn easy and is ran often
The weapons arent popular in comparison to the Ghastly weapons from AC which is far easier to farm, however the Armour is but usually only to Warrior/Guardian and Engineers.

Dredge are among the top 5 worst enemies to fight in the game due to their
>Immunity to Blind
>Large amounts of Daze/Knockdown
>Bombs
this is essentially why very few people want to run SE other than getting the DM title in comparison to other dungeons.

BUTTERBLUME.3217

If you are playing on Europe, give me a call for path 1 whenever you like

Posted by: Konfuzfanten.6503

Konfuzfanten.6503

SE is not a bad dungeon, just “difficult”.
Path 1: either requires some really tight teamwork or a top end dps team/a mesmer with timewarp.
Path 2, the last boss is pretty easy even with a pug team. The problem is that path 2 is looooong. Lots of mobs and subbosses/events taht really doesnt give that nice loot. Its our double the length of path 1/3.
path 3: easy.

Commander of Blade and Quill[BaQ]
Aurora Glade <3

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Peaple wanted hard dungeons, peaple got hard dungeons, peaple don’t want to do hard dungeons.

BUTTERBLUME.3217

I think most of the dungeons are too easy to be honest.
Annoying does not equal hard, which Anet seems to think in some cases.

SE path 1 is on a good level, you can PUG it for a challenge, or you can just melt through it with a decent group.
That path is pretty much spot on in my opinion.

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

Speaking for myself, I don’t run SE because the armour is hideous looking lol (none of them are ‘wow that looks awesome’ but SE armour is especially bad)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

1. Armors looks like ****. 2. Weapons are reskined lazyness. 2. Path 3 is the only one you’ll do np with pugs. 4. Dungeon itself is really ugly and boring. 5. Dredge (in my opinion) is a really boring enemy to kill.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I’d like to try the new path 2, but I’m afraid to do it with random people, because final golem bosses are always fully focusing me. Means I’m dead – whole team is dead soon. Path 1 seems too random to me, I always hated random bugs. If I would go to try it, then not with SE virgins

@Nuka Cola

The good thing about this dungeon is armor, it reminds me of Mad Max and Fallout, wastelander outfit, no idea how you didn’t notice any similarities. Guess I’ll make an asura elementalist just to get the light armor set (cool helmet and shoulders), but first wanna make CoF-peacemaker hybrid pistol for my engineer, then eventually farm SE

Weapons are crappy, they don’t even have the special red glow effect. I’d prefer dregde weapons over those glyphic toys, especially that we’ve already got inquest armory at CoE vendor

Dungeon is not really ugly, industrial climate is nice, some might not like it, as it’s far different than charr technology. For me it gives nice variety, how long can I watch aztec sci-fi asuran enviroment or plain boring medieval human areas. Sure, I could go to any dredge mine, but dungeon is still more interesting

Posted by: Resilient.8634

Resilient.8634

Thanks for all the feed backs guys. Do you guys know what server run SE on a daily basis?

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Path 1 is rough, especially if your new to it.
Path 2 takes forever
Path 3 is pretty darn easy and is ran often
The weapons arent popular in comparison to the Ghastly weapons from AC which is far easier to farm, however the Armour is but usually only to Warrior/Guardian and Engineers.

Dredge are among the top 5 worst enemies to fight in the game due to their
>Immunity to Blind
>Large amounts of Daze/Knockdown
>Bombs
this is essentially why very few people want to run SE other than getting the DM title in comparison to other dungeons.

Agree. SE 3 is ez. If group has high DPS you can do P1. There is a DPS check at the first champion but after that it is ez. Path 1 is actually the fastest if you have the DPS.

Nonlinear.9823

IF SE 2, you can avoid all trash right before and after the taskmaster with a good path and good running, it makes the dungeon much shorter the only long part is protecting the guy who gets the big rock, lots of trash and he moves too slow.

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Did path 2 today for the first time, with PuGs. It wasn’t as hard or as long as I’ve heard here in the forums. It’s at least quicker than doing Arah. The golem bosses weren’t that hard either, you just need too be sure to kill them both at the same time.

As for path 1, I’ve managed do it with PuGs also, but only after many failed attempts.

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

Thanks for all the feed backs guys. Do you guys know what server run SE on a daily basis?

gw2lfg.com is your friend

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I need to do path 1 and path 2 for Dungeon Master. I also wouldn’t mind the rifle for my engineer. The armour I have always found disturbingly hideous. However, so far I have only managed do path 3 successfully once. I was in a path 1 team where no one had ever done the path (and I am not even sure the dungeon) and it was an unmitigated disaster with people giving conflicting accounts of how to do the golemn fight and we all just called it a day. Second time I attempted Path 3, I was the only one in the team who had done the either the story mode and path 3 before. We killed the first boss but the group elected to run to the second boss, something I do no advise for a team of newbies. I showed them the run path but it took a few goes for us to all get across and then we wiped at the second boss. It was generally decided we couldn’t afford to continue and called it quits.

It’s a hard dungeon and unless you have good reason to do it, people will elect to do other dungeons with their play time.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

i would like to do SE. Yea i know weapon is reskinned but it looks way better in red and white

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Path 1 and 2 are huge timewasters. People only do the destroyer path because it’s the least-annoying path. The armor looks horrible on everyone except human/sylvari heavy and the weapons are just recolored glyphic. It’s bad and not worth the time for all the laziness that went into the armor and weapon design.

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

if anyone from Europe would love to run path 1 give me a poke :-3

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

not even so much difficult but just.. annoying i guess. i used to enjoy all paths of the dungeon. then it just became.. too troublesome and not at all fun anymore. i’ll still do it as well, but definitely takes a bit more time to put together a group for path 1 and 2.

as for the armour or weapons. if you’re going for stats wise, least from a Guardian perspective.. it’s easier to get the same stats (pow/vit/tough) from AC. a LOT easier / faster.

in terms of looks. don’t care for the armour (all class types), but the weapons i’m a HUGE fan of. i love the glyphic weapons.. and red is more my color as opposed to blue. after getting enough for gift of the forgeman. i went for the GS skin as well just to keep. may or may not keep going for the other skins. : )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Nonlinear.9823

Just did P1 in 16 minutes with 3 guardians and 2 eles. No wipes. Smooth. No 100lol need