Why don't we have an LFG tool yet?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Q:

I’ve been looking into running more dungeons and group content, and I’m in a small guild (most of the people who WERE in the guild have stopped connecting). SO I went looking for an LFG Tool only to discover there isn’t one. But there is a site: GW2LFG.Com. Why is there an external site and not a game-integrated tool? It seems poorly thought out when there is obviously a demand for it.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Posted by: Lycus.2834

Lycus.2834

I’m happpy there isn’t.

LFG Tools make the game a menu-based game. At this moment you still have to convince people to join your group or get invited to a group by whispering people. It’s a hassle but it’s also something that keeps the game social.

I can’t even begin to describle how baffled I am when I see a “sorry” each time a group is full and I asked to join it. It’s amazing how polite the community still is because people know that your name still matters and that you don’t get far by being a kittenbag.

I personally hope there will never come a LFG tool like the one in WoW. The tool we have at this moment (GW2LFG.com) is perfect for it. You can find people easily without having to spam, but on the other hand people learn to know eachother by names and you don’t get stuck in a menu-based game.

(edited by Lycus.2834)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

There will be an lfg system thankfully and the reason there isn’t is because they didn’t have time, not because it was intentional.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Drakkon.4782

I’m happpy there isn’t.

SNIP

I personally hope there will never come a LFG tool like the one in WoW. The tool we have at this moment (GW2LFG.com) is perfect for it.

So, you don’t want to have something in game because you have that thing outside the game. And you will be upset if they ever take that thing you use outside the game and put it in the game instead. That is not only the stupidest thing I’ve seen on these forums, but it is self-centered, self-serving, and blatantly sadistic. You are not going to be selected as the answer to my question. Sorry.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Drakkon.4782

Yep, that about sums it up.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

It will come …… Wait for it ……..
….
….
….

When it is ready™.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Lycus.2834

Lycus.2834

I’m happpy there isn’t.

SNIP

I personally hope there will never come a LFG tool like the one in WoW. The tool we have at this moment (GW2LFG.com) is perfect for it.

So, you don’t want to have something in game because you have that thing outside the game. And you will be upset if they ever take that thing you use outside the game and put it in the game instead. That is not only the stupidest thing I’ve seen on these forums, but it is self-centered, self-serving, and blatantly sadistic. You are not going to be selected as the answer to my question. Sorry.

I think you either misunderstood what I was trying to say, or I explained it incorrectly; let me have another go at what I am trying to say:

Well what I’m trying to say is that I hope they will never create a WoW-like LFG tool (aka click the start button and get teleported into it without speaking to anyone) because it is plainly destructive for the community. I could be mistaken here but there but I haven’t had this kind of friendly people in dungeons since the beginning of WoW (vanilla) and I’m affraid that when you make the system anonymous it will encourage being a “kittenbag” because none can stop you from joining a team when it’s all automated.

Ofcourse the LFG-website could be implemented in GW2 if it remains a listing-feature without creating the actual groups. But most of the time LFG-tools in current generation games tend to be completely automated, which is according to me, a rather bad improvement.

Hell, I’m as new to this game as you can be and I have no clue whatsoever if and when a LFG might come. This is just my modest opinion ;-)!

PS: I think it takes a rather giant leap to go from a “I hope they don’t automate LFG” to having a “self-centered, self-serving, and blatantly sadistic” opinion.. You might want to reduce the drama there.

I’m not against LFG-tools themselves, it’s would be great to have the idea of the website implemented in the game; I think it would horrible to have an automated LFG implemented. That’s the key point I’m trying to make, and considering your signature I assumed you are looking for the WoW-like LFG tool, not the simple listing feature.

(edited by Lycus.2834)

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Why is there an external site and not a game-integrated tool?

Because the “game-integrated tool” is proving a major challenge for AN.
Similar to a smart TP search algorithm/sorting mechanic and similar to a smart forum search option.

IMO.

Posted by: enzo.7182

enzo.7182

would be really nice to hear form arena net on this. any update on this issue??

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

Hehehe instead of 3 dps, a tank, and a healer slot, it will have 4 warrior slots and a mesmer slot

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

people will still use gw2lfg.com

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Since when did LFG tool become synonymous with WoW’s LFD tool?

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Why is there an external site and not a game-integrated tool?

Because the “game-integrated tool” is proving a major challenge for AN.
Similar to a smart TP search algorithm/sorting mechanic and similar to a smart forum search option.

IMO.

The website has a smart TP search algorithm and sorting mechanic? Looks like a simple list to me…