Why is AC more broken than ever?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

1st path:
Usually before Howling King we skip most of the graveling mobs, but this resulted in Hodgins glitching after HK died to award us final 60 tokens + silver not even triggering (note: the 1st graveling burrow event was always skipped, but if we try to complete it, Hodgins will still glitch). So to “alleviate” the glitch we killed all of the gravelings and to no surprise Hodgins glitched again…..

2nd path: Killed everything and skipped the jellies (ooze) before the last Detha event to trigger, so all is well and it triggers then Detha went BACK to fight the ooze and comes back to “trigger” the event which already happened so it glitched out.

This happened to us 25 minutes ago (the reason why I am typing these bugs since it is the 3rd day in a ROW for this to happen, it demoralizes the party to even try path 3 [which isn’t glitched])

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Usually before Colossus we skip most of the graveling mobs, but this resulted in Hodgins glitching after colossus died to award us final 60 tokens + silver not even triggering

There is the problem. Colossus shouldn’t be in path 1.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

XGhoul.7426

Usually before Colossus we skip most of the graveling mobs, but this resulted in Hodgins glitching after colossus died to award us final 60 tokens + silver not even triggering

There is the problem. Colossus shouldn’t be in path 1.

Instead of being a smart kitten I think you know what I meant which was Howling King, SORRY FOR THE EDIT.

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Skipping is known to cause problems. If you don’t know what you can skip safely and how to do it, just don’t.

XGhoul.7426

Skipping is known to cause problems. If you don’t know what you can skip safely and how to do it, just don’t.

It hasn’t happened over the past 2 months so I don’t buy that explanation.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

I had an issue yesterday where Detha wasn’t triggering the event to fix the cannons at all.

Jellies followed us in the room, and didn’t reset, because one of the skelk ran in too, so they were fighting. We killed them and Detha just stood there like a dork :P

Most frustrating thing, ever.
So close, yet so, so, so far.

drkn.3429

Detha bugging if you skip jellies is common knowledge, for weeks now.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

Actually I also encountered glitches from path 1 and 2 mentioned by XGhoul and others above. Not every time, but sometimes. So now what we did is always kill Kholer and it will somehow lower the chance of a broken result.

I don’t know why they don’t look into these problems in AC but fixed those glitches that prevent players to climb up hills in CM fairly quickly (of course they need to be fixed but i think the priority compared to a broken dungeon should be lower). I posted in the Bug section in the forum but no one from the devs seem to looking into the problem. I am not frustrated anymore, I am disappointed.

drkn.3429

The devs said once or twice that (1) lots of bugs are caused by skipping and (2) they are trying to rework the scripts so that they are not affected by skipping (or at least not that much) but it’s not something easily done and usually only causes new issues.

If something bugs out after skipping, blame yourself now, since it’s known to cause problems. Skipping is a legit tactic, yes, but be ready to see it leading to nasty stuff until the scripts are fixed – which isn’t coming anytime soon.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Thanks for reporting those issues. Detha’s problem is certainly involved with the oozes and her scripting, and I will go in again to to try and tighten that up a bit. I’m considering just making it so that the gate won’t open until the oozes are dead because it sounds like problems are caused when trying to skip that mob.

I’ll look into Hodgin’s script for when he dies after beating the HK. So you killed him, and I take it he died before he started the cinematic? What specific actions (if you recall) happened? Was he just in combat with the Breeders when you killed HK, and he never did what he was supposed to?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve been trying to reproduce the Hodgins HK bug, and I think it happens if one of the adds in the room kills him just after HK dies. There might be something to it, but testing is really difficult. I’ll let you know if I find out more.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

We skipped mobs in path 1 and 2. Never had any bug, except one time where my friends (wasn’t with them) didn’t get their reward in path1.

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

Just a note devs.. can you please fix the damage radius on corpse eat? My character is not even by the scavengers and gets it. Or is the damage radius right?

The troll as well. His jumping move, it actually hits outside of the red circle. I’ve grown used to it, but a lot of people still don’t understand that lol.

Just a couple of things I’ve noticed. Oh and why can’t Necromancer’s have a life siphon like the ghastly ones

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

Thanks for reporting those issues. Detha’s problem is certainly involved with the oozes and her scripting, and I will go in again to to try and tighten that up a bit. I’m considering just making it so that the gate won’t open until the oozes are dead because it sounds like problems are caused when trying to skip that mob.

This would effectively increase the time for an AC #2 run by 5-10 minutes or more, and potentially incur additional repair costs for players who can’t avoid the scavenger pounces (in the hallway just before the stairs up to the oozes). These are just trash mob encounters. Remember, most players after the first time just want to complete the run as fast as possible, get their 60 tokens and 26 silver, and head to the next, different exp path they plan to farm in that session.

Is there no other way to fix this bug with Detha?

Posted by: sachiel.8051

sachiel.8051

Learn to play and stop skipping all the content.
I can’t believe this long into this dungeon and people still have issues dodging Kholer when I demand we fight him or get nailed by scavs. All people know how to do is speed run; it’s so annoying. I’ve never had Detha bug because I kill the oozes and the gravelings as well before.

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

This would effectively increase the time for an AC #2 run by 5-10 minutes or more, and potentially incur additional repair costs for players who can’t avoid the scavenger pounces (in the hallway just before the stairs up to the oozes). These are just trash mob encounters. Remember, most players after the first time just want to complete the run as fast as possible, get their 60 tokens and 26 silver, and head to the next, different exp path they plan to farm in that session.

It takes you 5-10minutes to kill a few ooze? Lolwut

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s pretty hilarious when you look at that but I guess he meant that you have to kill one group of gravelings, including champion. That’s about 2 minutes more.

Posted by: minekaoru.4095

minekaoru.4095

It will just take a minute or two normally, but if the gate is closed before the jellies are killed, the run will aggro those Skales downstairs and that would probably take few more minutes.

Btw I just went through Detha’s plan and the she didn’t trigger the event after she got into a fight with the jellies AFTER she got into the hall. We tried to pull some Skale from outside to have she killed, then revived and hope for a reset. After that everything went on as expected.

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

It’s pretty hilarious when you look at that but I guess he meant that you have to kill one group of gravelings, including champion. That’s about 2 minutes more.

But the champion gives up to 7s with food active. Seeing as it takes 2minutes to kill, which is 1/10th of path time, it is better money killing that then completing paths.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Where do you guys get these times? Fighting ooze, means fighting gravelings since they travel up the stairs. That means your fighting champ mobs, and ooze. Thats over 2 mins no matter how you put it. J/S.

XGhoul.7426

I’ll look into Hodgin’s script for when he dies after beating the HK. So you killed him, and I take it he died before he started the cinematic? What specific actions (if you recall) happened? Was he just in combat with the Breeders when you killed HK, and he never did what he was supposed to?

Since it glitched for us on a previous day we did kill every graveling in the Howler cave. Usually have enough damage to kill all the gravelings that spawn before king dies, I don’t recall if he was dead or not, but once howling king was dead Hodgins was still alive but the final token rewards didn’t trigger.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

XGhoul.7426

I can’t believe this long into this dungeon and people still have issues dodging Kholer when I demand we fight him or get nailed by scavs. All people know how to do is speed run; it’s so annoying. I’ve never had Detha bug because I kill the oozes and the gravelings as well before.

Way to generalize everyone who speed runs just skips everything when our group takes 1-2 mins or less to kill Kholer and we kill all the gold gravelings, the ooze is just a 20 second convenience since we still have to wait for Detha to talk/trigger event and want to finish our first 30 minute food buff (after already completing path 1 w/Kholer) before it expires.

Posted by: Legionius.3641

Legionius.3641

’Detha bugging if you skip jellies is common knowledge, for weeks now."

I had this happen a few days ago. The way we got around i was to lure a mob or two to Detha and let her die. When she respawned it reset and we went on with no issues.

Seems like she gets stuck in combat mode with the mobs so close to the event.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I can already see you clearing all arah. People skip cause mobs drop kittens.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

’Detha bugging if you skip jellies is common knowledge, for weeks now."

I had this happen a few days ago. The way we got around i was to lure a mob or two to Detha and let her die. When she respawned it reset and we went on with no issues.

Seems like she gets stuck in combat mode with the mobs so close to the event.

same thing worked for us tonight, dragged the big scavenger onto her, then it strutted off lol

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Also path 1 bug: if you stay between the door & the burrow (SE corner from where Hodgin faced the main entrance), you will be kicked out of the room when the burrow destroyed. The door is still closed and you have to run all the way back. It can be duplicated because it happens to me many times since when but I just don’t bother to report.

People are too serious of their knowledge.