Why no one run dungeons in GW

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dawnstrider.3570

Dawnstrider.3570

Not my people run dungeons in GW2 you only see couple of people. I want to gear up if you have a better way to find gears plz tell..

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

gw2lfg.com if you go there you’ll find a group easily

Posted by: Elm.8169

Elm.8169

Not my people run dungeons in

Tell your people to go run some dungeons.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Best way to gear up is via karma and/or WvW badges, not dungeons.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Best way to gear up is via karma

For trash builds, sure.

Learn to play the game.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

For trash builds, sure.

Learn to play the game.

he has a point. nearly ALL karma stat combinations are completely worthless for PvE and you’d cripple your group completely if you’d be running with one of the karma sets.

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

he has a point. nearly ALL karma stat combinations are completely worthless for PvE and you’d cripple your group completely if you’d be running with one of the karma sets.

True, they do have some mismatched stats that are 90% of the time totally useless (only good ones are pwr/tough/vit I think)

But you can’t expect everyone to immediately grasp that, and that the best stats are bought on TP or acquired through other means. You gotta let people make mistakes sometimes so they can learn on their own

Jade Quarry [TPA]

(edited by Me Kill You.9035)

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Do citadel of flame, the most popular dungeon, and use the tokens to buy berserker gear, the ideal stat combination for PvE.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

True, they do have some mismatched stats that are 90% of the time totally useless (only good ones are pwr/tough/vit I think)

But you can’t expect everyone to immediately grasp that, and that the best stats are bought on TP or acquired through other means. You gotta let people make mistakes sometimes so they can learn on their own

I think the mismatched stats are intentional, so if you want a full set of gear you need to go to 2 or more temples. That helps making more people willing to do all the temple events, and not only the one with the most popular gear.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

For trash builds, sure.

Learn to play the game.

I beg to differ, you can find Karma gear with the same stats as any of the dungeon gear. L2P.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

For trash builds, sure.

Learn to play the game.

I beg to differ, you can find Karma gear with the same stats as any of the dungeon gear. L2P.

Please tell me where I can buy a berserk armor set/weapons/trinkets with karma.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Posted by: Metamega.9025

Metamega.9025

Their right according to your link. Yiu can’t get Zerk or knights with karma vendors.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

that’s very elitist of you.
Players can wear and spec however they want. If you don’t want any vitality/ toughness wearing people in your runs, do not take them, however I know people that do much better in that gear than in full damage gear and I think that they have a right to buy that gear and not be shamed for it.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Players can wear and spec however they want. If you don’t want any vitality/ toughness wearing people in your runs, do not take them, however I know people that do much better in that gear than in full damage gear and I think that they have a right to buy that gear and not be shamed for it.

It’s not “elitist” to try to educate people on why trash builds/gear are trash compared to what’s actually good. Big problem in this game is that there’s no hard comparisons between builds so everyone runs around thinking they’re awesome just because they see a few white numbers popping up that of course are larger at 80 than they were at 50.

I don’t get why so many bad players in this game take it so personally when they’re told their favorite class/build is total garbage compared to what’s actually good. It’s not a personal attack, so just suck it up and blame the game and developers for not having a better way for you to know how crappy things are in relation to the best of the best builds. It’s ridiculously easy to re-roll as a better class and build.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

It’s not “elitist” to try to educate people on why trash builds/gear are trash compared to what’s actually good. Big problem in this game is that there’s no hard comparisons between builds so everyone runs around thinking they’re awesome just because they see a few white numbers popping up that of course are larger at 80 than they were at 50.

I don’t get why so many bad players in this game take it so personally when they’re told their favorite class/build is total garbage compared to what’s actually good. It’s not a personal attack, so just suck it up and blame the game and developers for not having a better way for you to know how crappy things are in relation to the best of the best builds. It’s ridiculously easy to re-roll as a better class and build.

Agreed.
Also, just as a fun extension, this is the exact reason people whine so much about class balance. In reality it is simply NOT possible to even 1v2 a pair of averagely skilled players with decent builds. The PvP in this game is heavily reliant on skill and the players ability to make a focused build which has synergy with their play-style.
If you are getting owned, it’s very unlikely to be a class issue.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

yet I already told you that some people simply can’t survive without vitality and toughness. Telling them that they chose wrong and should re-gear and torture themselves with endless deaths is indeed elitist.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

While I enjoy optimal performance, wouldn’t the optimal gear only make sense for people that actually know how to use it? Zerker gear is quite useless for people that just down repeatedly, unable to dodge or mitigate damage as needed, and it’s a huge loss of DPS.

I’ve had a situation where I had a team in all zerker gear, and two warriors kept downing frequently at easy parts in CoF p2. It seemed like they didn’t know how to dodge or negate/mitigate damage. One of them said, “I don’t think I’m specced to run with this team”. The other made a comment hoping healers are coming next expansion…. Honestly, with their mentality, I’d think they deserved soldier’s gear to keep them alive. These guys quit the party after rushing in headfirst and dying at the smokelords before warden in CoF p2. How does going full zerk help this scenario? Wouldn’t you agree people should be using gear that helps their current experience level?

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Optimal gearing requires research, I would expect the majority of dungeon goers to have a somewhat viable spec with appropriate gearing, I’m talking dungeon explorable mode and fractals @ level 80, story progression doesn’t matter that much as you’re still learning the ropes.

With the most respect to the developers, imo dungeons are broken in this game, they’re a mess from the drops, progression to the token system if I’m honest and the only ones that comes to mind being very successful was the molten facility and super adventure box.

Your next gear path from exotics is ascended, yet in the dungeon it was created for, you can only obtain 3 types of items (one of them excessively grindy) out of the 6 available, having to do other things non related to that dungeon to even progress (guild missions and daily).

As someone said above, gw2lfg is the resource to use, you’ll prob be unlikely to be able to forge a dungeon group quicky by shouting in map chat unless its the most popular runs like CoF or Fractals 10,20 etc, even then gw2lfg is still a better option

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

While I enjoy optimal performance, wouldn’t the optimal gear only make sense for people that actually know how to use it? Zerker gear is quite useless for people that just down repeatedly, unable to dodge or mitigate damage as needed, and it’s a huge loss of DPS.

I would agree, but with the floor on defensive gear being Knight’s. If . The problem with defensive gear beyond Knight’s (Soldiers, Clerics, etc) is that people will stay up, they will whittle down PvE enemies through attrition, and that person will think their build and gear is just the bee’s knees because they earned their participation ribbon from Anet’s snoozefest difficulty levels.

Then they’ll start heading into dungeons and either manage to squeeze through with several wipes, or they’ll gain just enough skill to stay up through 10-minute boss fights. If that person had utilized different builds and gear from the start, they’d have been forced to become more agile with dodges, evasion and invuln skills early on, and they’d be leagues ahead of where they are now in general skill and dungeon speed-clear experience. I wish I had learned these lessons early on, because I went full PVT on my guardian and I learned so many awful habits that I still haven’t shaken because I was able to simply stand still and cycle my weapon skills without worrying about how much damage I was taking. But I figured hey, I’m alive, I made it through a 10 minute Kohler fight, I must be doing something right!

That mentality has spread throughout the populace and has destroyed any possibility of the general population being anywhere near the top 10% of dungeon/fractal groups. The difference between a random assortment of classes and builds versus a group concentrating on taking only enough utility as needed and otherwise maxing damage is huge. It’s only minutes on dungeons like CoF/1 because it’s too short to begin with ( I mean, 6 minutes to 8 minutes is over a 30% increase!). Throw some actual difficult content at these folks and the time difference grows exponentially. 30 minutes versus an hour in the Molten Facility. 30 minutes versus an hour and a half in in SE path 2. 40 minutes versus 4 hours in Arah path 4. You get the idea.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I’ve had a situation where I had a team in all zerker gear, and two warriors kept downing frequently at easy parts in CoF p2. It seemed like they didn’t know how to dodge or negate/mitigate damage. One of them said, “I don’t think I’m specced to run with this team”. The other made a comment hoping healers are coming next expansion…. Honestly, with their mentality, I’d think they deserved soldier’s gear to keep them alive. These guys quit the party after rushing in headfirst and dying at the smokelords before warden in CoF p2. How does going full zerk help this scenario? Wouldn’t you agree people should be using gear that helps their current experience level?

Another aspect tends to be overlooked is zerker warrior just doesn’t exist in vacuum alone, unless he’s soloing then his traits, weapons & skills would be set differently. He also depends on the group the zerker warrior plays with. If these groups are typical a solo party group in which each player is a solo person caring only for themselves, then it’s a big mistake to be a melee zerker warrior. I would switch to rifle and just mindless 1,2,3,4 the whole day from afar (if I have to be there to help a friend w/ a PUG, otherwise I would never be w/ that terribad group at the 1st place).

Good zerker warrior still die a lot w/ this group if he doesn’t recognize how bad the group is to start w/. And it’s more prevalent in contents like FoTM 20s or Arah. Above FoTM 30s, players in a party already know what to do to help making the tasks easy for every one. It has become a team play.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)