Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

because they’re not good enough to run it

Retired. Too many casuals.

Why people hate zerks?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Them casuals are the real elitists. Trying to force us to use defensive gear.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It’s kind of true that the casuals are the real elitists. They think they are right and they feel entitled to anything they want.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Yes it might be true, maybe they want everybody to kill the world boss
and spam 111 the whole day instead of running dungeons

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Why people hate zerkers ? It’s quite simple. People who do speedruns, post builds on forums, etc, advocate for full zerker builds cause it’s the most efficient atm.

Then, other people see this, and copy it, saying “Hey, XXX is using this build and stuff, i’ll do the same !” And then, you have two problems :

- First, some will advocate zerker gear like it was a religion, and treating other people like heretics for not using that gear.

- Second, to play full zerker, you need to be good enough to survive with it, and let’s face it, not every people using this stuff is. And they get down, and down, and down… Then, the rest of the community whine about those useless people who are looking at the ground most of the time…

Full zerker is great as long as you manage to survive with that gear. Not everyone is able to do that. As such, not everyone should use zerker.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Or maybe everybody should run it and actually try learning it, a bit like I am with my warrior (I miss my invulns/blocks on my mesmer).

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

- Second, to play full zerker, you need to be good enough to survive with it, and let’s face it, not every people using this stuff is. And they get down, and down, and down… Then, the rest of the community whine about those useless people who are looking at the ground most of the time…

That’s quite the opposite from my pugging experience, i’ve seen just a few zerker players go down non stop, on the other hand there’s always a guy playing as a mace guardian and healing for 3k with F2 that dies at every single corner. :|

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

(edited by Oxxy.7068)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Why people hate zerkers ? It’s quite simple. People who do speedruns, post builds on forums, etc, advocate for full zerker builds cause it’s the most efficient atm.

Then, other people see this, and copy it, saying “Hey, XXX is using this build and stuff, i’ll do the same !” And then, you have two problems :

- First, some will advocate zerker gear like it was a religion, and treating other people like heretics for not using that gear.

Full zerker is great as long as you manage to survive with that gear. Not everyone is able to do that. As such, not everyone should use zerker.

Actually, even speedclearers have issues in a PuG. With zerkers, you need the whole party to be zerkers and doing big damage. In a PuG, when you ask for zerkers only and get pvt/cleric/bearbow rangers or simply if the warriors forget to FGJ because they are terrible, things won’t die in a timely manner when and you run out of defensive cooldowns/dodges.

From the casual tanky player’s perspective they are ‘carrying’ the zerkers and start feeling superior as the last to survive and having to rez everybody, when in fact, they are dragging the zerkers down.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Because casuals.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Because casuals.

If you are just being sarcastic I apologize, but people misuse this word so much.

I think the word you are looking for is “Bad”.

Being a casual player has nothing to do with being bad at dodging/building your character. I get it that a lot of time, casual players correlate to bad players, but lets not generalize here.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Why people hate zerks?

swiftpaw.6397

Because bads and casuals.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It’s most casuals who say “I play how I want” as an excuse to be bad and to hate on good players (i.e. zerkers).

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Uh.. i didnt ask you for anything… you just joined my party, told me i couldn’t sell slots since you would stop me and then you blocked me… what ._.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

The plot thickens.

I wish being ret/arded was also a bannable offense.
What’s this atse guy’s ingame names? I may have had hostile contact with him aswell.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

all I know is his warrior (Frozerus Lord)

sadly his friend never posted the alleged pics of ANet confirming the ban on the people who allegedly kicked his friend out of a dungeon run to sell it

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Could you please stop using the name “zerk” and use “zergerker” or even “zergerger” instead?

Why people hate zerks?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It’s actually berzker.

Brazil

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

gerzerber

Why people hate zerks?

swiftpaw.6397

Ah, the true troll of the GW2 universe is revealed. Forget me and my elitist brethren, for what we have uncovered here is the slimy thing you find when you turn a rock over in the deep dark forest. This is the ‘white knight’ who has no idea what solos and duos of arah are. This is the guy who will report people on a whim, because if he doesn’t, who will? Who will cater to his feels? Who will take him under their wing, and guide him in the ways of the rustled jimmies?

I will tell you who my friends. The BHB’s. The BHB’s guild works tirelessly everyday to accommodate for the special cases in today’s casual society. We can only hope he applies for it, and receives the rehabilitation he so justly requires.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Got bashed for being zerk.
Reach imbued, everyone but me dies at last minion pop.
Solo the last 20%.
Give the finger to team, grab chest and log off.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Atse the only reason you would’ve been asked for gold is if you joined one of our selling LFG’s and sat in the instance, something that I still don’t understand as to how it happens so often despite the LFG saying that we’re selling slots.
Also we don’t nor have we ever kicked people to sell their slot considering we duo/solo it. I do apologise that you’ve been kicked from PuGs in the past but branding all sellers the same and actively trying to grief people who have done nothing wrong is just downright immoral. ArenaNet has stated that the selling of empty slots is allowed, so please, just stop this nonsense.
Also Anet isn’t responsible for gw2lfg, so reporting you for the chaos you cause there accomplishes absolutely nothing.

…. And I still don’t know what BHB means Q_Q

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Could you please stop using the name “zerk” and use “zergerker” or even “zergerger” instead?

It’s actually berzker.

gerzerber

zerburger

Oceanic [LOD]

Why people hate zerks?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

BHB is a secret guild filled with the absolute best players in Guild Wars 2.

Brazil

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

If I remember correctly it’s Brazil’s selfless initiative to bridge the community and usher in a golden era of players with gumdrop smiles dancing in a mystical land of rainbows, unicorns, and rivers of chocolate.

Why people hate zerks?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

If I remember correctly it’s Brazil’s selfless initiative to bridge the community and usher in a golden era of players with gumdrop smiles dancing in a mystical land of rainbows, unicorns, and rivers of chocolate.

That’s pretty much it

Brazil

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

Zerk play depends on the entire party using zerk gear, too. The general principle is “if it’s dead it can’t hurt you”. So, the more in your party with suboptimal DPS due to gear, builds, or player skill, the greater risk there is for the zerks. They have to be “elitist” and group with only or at least mostly other zerks. If they don’t, they die; ie. your low-dps can actually kill the party.

A PVT leach doesn’t care what others wear. He’s going to live and eventually (someday in the distant future) kill the target. He doesn’t care about time. He’s playing a game. The whole point of a game is to kill time, killing critters is incidental. After all, the only thing you can walk away with is a memory of having fun. Who cares how fast you get nowhere?

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve never encountered zerk hate in the game. Only on the forums.

I can see why, though. Ultimately, what people want in a game is for varying builds and strategies to contribute equally to the outcome of the fight, while also contributing in a different manner in the fight. For example, people want it so a healer + DPS = 2DPS because the healer keeps the DPS alive for twice as long. It is a generic example, but nonetheless represents what they want.

I’m all for this myself. Having balanced but diverse gameplay appeals to a larger playerbase and can make combat in the game much more interesting. A big complaint about the game is that combat feels homogeneous, and they have a point here. I’ve found the prevalence of zerkers in dungeons is due largely to lazy enemy design more than anything else. So when I player comes to the forums and makes a topic wanting their builds to be more useful and things other than direct damage class cannons to be viable, I can’t help but agree with them.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Got bashed for being zerk.
Reach imbued, everyone but me dies at last minion pop.
Solo the last 20%.
Give the finger to team, grab chest and log off.

It only means you are more skillfull, not because you wore berserker’s armor/weapons.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Yeah being more skillful sucks. I agree with you.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Not everyone likes the playstyle of zerker. I got two level 80’s with bezerker gear and I can do it and have not an issue with it. I just don’t lie speed clears. I’m rushing too much in real life and come to the game to relax. Zerker is just too intense for me.

I have no issue with bezerker, IF it is advertised properly and everyone is running it. If you join a non speedclear you should invest more in your own survivability and not depend on others to keep you alive.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I would warmly embrace a casual cleric’s guardian into my group rather than this atse tool. What a complete clown this guy is. He has no idea what person has wronged him in what way, he just casts a wide net and punishes all in the most annoying way possible.

[DnT]

Why people hate zerks?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I would warmly embrace a casual cleric’s guardian into my group rather than this atse tool. What a complete clown this guy is. He has no idea what person has wronged him in what way, he just casts a wide net and punishes all in the most annoying way possible.

That was a snappy edit O_O

Brazil

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

That was a snappy edit O_O

I got carried away I suppose.

[DnT]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Not everyone likes the playstyle of zerker. I

When you say “playstyle” what do you mean? “Having to dodge?” I mean, lets say you ran full Knights warrior instead, wouldnt the tactics and methods you use be the exact same, just slower?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Why people hate zerks?

Broadicea.8294

Not everyone likes the playstyle of zerker. I

When you say “playstyle” what do you mean? “Having to dodge?” I mean, lets say you ran full Knights warrior instead, wouldnt the tactics and methods you use be the exact same, just slower?

just go look at that Subject Alpha necro post, you’ll see the “playstyle” they’re usually referring to

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Bro dont be mad , your cleric guaridian would get wipe anywhere trying to heal boss atacks instead of dodging them. You are a clueless person that just randomly post about something you don’t know. And the troll everybody talks about is not me,
he also posted with my name saying : Im leaving , i give my legendaries and my gold.

Why people hate zerks?

swiftpaw.6397

he also posted with my name saying : Im leaving , i give my legendaries and my gold.

Good, it’s about time someone got a taste of their own medicine.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

The reason i don’t “want” zerk in my party is because of horrible experience… You have NO IDEA how many zerk warriors i have played with that doesnt know dodging exist. I spend more time ressing them than i do fighting.

Also, I don’t want super fast ultra speed to get the reward when i do a dungeon… I run dungeons for fun, not reward.

Fighting > Ressing zerk players

Why people hate zerks?

Broadicea.8294

downvote why can’t I downvote why isn’t there a -1 button argh

Why people hate zerks?

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

The reason i don’t “want” zerk in my party is because of horrible experience… You have NO IDEA how many zerk warriors i have played with that doesnt know dodging exist. I spend more time ressing them than i do fighting.

Also, I don’t want super fast ultra speed to get the reward when i do a dungeon… I run dungeons for fun, not reward.

Interesting, because I usually rez casual PVT tryhards when I pug.

Brazil

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I used to run PVT or whatever and defended it to no end, but then, well, I learned better. I didn’t really change how I played to get to where I am now, it just required a change in my mentality. I just came from a game where defense was important and so that thought process carried with me. Over the past year I’ve converted all of my characters into zerker everything, with other armor sets reserved strictly for WvW where the other stuff matters. I switch between them as I need, and otherwise that’s that.

There is no real stigma with berserker gear. I know for a fact that when I pug I get comments about how I ‘saved that fight’ or whatever, and people assume that because I can rally everyone else who is downed and not get downed myself that I must be using tank armor… but I’m not. I don’t have a defensive stat in my whole gear set. It’s something you just have to get used to about this game. There is no reason to wear defensive gear in team-based PvE content. For solo play in the open world, I can see some defensive runes and maybe Knight’s gear, particularly if you need condition management and your otherwise zerker build just doesn’t afford you any, but in solo play, the only person you slow down is yourself. That’s your prerogative. It’s not okay to carry that mentality over to team-based play where your competence or lack thereof can slow down everyone’s run and waste everyone’s time.

I wish everyone could come to this conclusion on their own, and see it for themselves, because then it would help everyone see what the best approach for GW2 dungeon PvE is. I, myself, am a very casual player, and yet when I enter into a dungeon, I’d like to think you could match me with members from [DnT] or whatever guild and you’d think I fit in just fine (I’ve run with a few of you guys in Arah pubs before! I like you!). The enemy isn’t the casual or the good player, it’s misinformation, and that’s what we really should be trying to quell in this forum.

Anyway, that’s my schpeal.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Why people hate zerks?

Oxxy.7068

What makes you think i (as a zerk player) don’t play for fun?

Why people hate zerks?

Broadicea.8294

someone who says they run dungeons for fun rather than the reward at the end is someone who doesn’t run dungeons

Why people hate zerks?

Oxxy.7068

Shrugs, i do double CoE runs for the sake of it every now and then when i’m bored. If that’s not running for fun i don’t know what is.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I only run Arah because it’s what I find fun. All the other dungeons are babypoop.

I sometimes go on Arah runs if someone needs one, even if I’ve done my daily or w/e. I’ve also dropped at the end multiple times to give away my spot. Rewards don’t make the fun, they’re just a cherry on top.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

For most starting players, with the exception of those just happened to become elitist immediately, PVT gears are just the peace of the mind since they have no idea what things they are going to get into. With more experiences, many of them will eventually elevate toward the berserker gears for a very simple reason: If you kill fast, you have less chance to make mistakes.
PVT gears are also for macho men because the longer it takes to kill boss w/ zillions HPs and 1 hit kill, you have to be almost perfect or else. You don’t see macho men a lot lately because all speed runs & solo videos are inundated w/ wham bam thank you m’am people who are also afraid of making mistakes so they are armed to their teeth w/ you know what.
Yeah, zerker gears are for chickens.
Wait, am one of the chickens.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

someone who says they run dungeons for fun rather than the reward at the end is someone who doesn’t run dungeons

I run dungeons for fun…. It’s the only remotely fun thing in this game. I don’t care if it’s AC, CM, TA, SE, Arah, CoE or Fractals, I find most of them fun and don’t really care about the rewards that much. They’re a nice bonus, and without them I would probably not do dungeons. But it’s not my primary objective.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I think the anger mostly comes from denial – people want so badly to believe this game has good build variety in pve, they want to believe that the other armor sets have a purpose. They are frustrated facing the reality of the situation, and are shooting the messenger as it were. People also hate admitting they’re bad. I have a few knights pieces on my ele, and I realise that means I’m not playing my class to it’s fullest potential. I realise that means I’m not as skilled at my class as I could or should be, and maybe I’m “bad”, but I don’t get kitten about it. It works for me and the group I run with, and that’s what matters. Mostly, people just need to learn to read LFG post text and start their own if they want snails pace wear-what-you-want happy carebear runs (my sort of run :x).

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

I think the anger mostly comes from denial – people want so badly to believe this game has good build variety in pve, they want to believe that the other armor sets have a purpose.

PVE balance is barely supported by AN. Even after the 3-way skill split between PVE/WVW/PVP, 99% of their efforts for balance are made with sPVP in mind. While it’s true that balance is far more critical to PVP, it’s sad that there are classes that are essentially completely unwanted in PVE groups (ranger, engineer, necro).

BTW, by unwanted, I don’t mean kicked or locked out of groups. When we take a pug, we may groan a bit at being “forced” to group with a sub-par class, but we take them anyway. What I mean is that with 5 players having all 8 classes geared and ready to go, those above 3 classes are never picked for dungeons or fractals.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Good, it’s about time someone got a taste of their own medicine.

Actually it was more like “Leaving the game, sold my Legendary giving away 5g to each PM, get in quick only got 100g left!” on the CoF page, then making sure he wasn’t appearing offline.

… What can I say I was kinda bu/tthurt over getting blocked

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]