Why people hate zerks?

Why people hate zerks?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

In the end, the main point I’m getting is if you are not wearing zerker gear, you’re bad, if you’re wearing zerker gear but you suck at dodging you’re bad, and any deviation from the metazerker is grounds for being called a bad….

Gates of Madness

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Which means that everyone other than me is bad. I have no proof of this claim though, you’ll just have to believe me.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

I can’t stand bad players in zerk gear.
I was playing with this guardian that only ever wears zerk/dps build. We went in for a casual run in SAB trib mode and all he did was faceplant. Players like that would be better off with knights and an AH support build.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Yesterday I managed to zerk Subject Alpha without taking any damage through careful use of aegis and dodging.

… I wish I could have recorded a video or something so I could just play it at everybody that has tried telling me that you need tanking stats for boss fights.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Don’t worry, we can just link to every Lupicus solo kill ever.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

But in all those videos they exploited the mechanics by dodging grubs

Oceanic [LOD]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

The last time I logged on I did a last AC run with a funny test. DPS contribution in a fully random, average/mediocre pug. Took a group that had the intent to do more than one path for that test. Did path 1 with my zerk gear. It went mostly okay, with everything dying as intended. During path 3 I swapped all my gear to full PVT and healing power trinkets (what I use in WvWvW) to see what would happen with just one player dropping all the offense in a group that already had close to zero dps. First thing we did, is to wipe on the spider queen because the little spiders wouldn’t die fast enough (and there wasn’t much ways to avoid that since we used the stack method as all pugs would do). Funny uh? I don’t really want to hear about all these dumb “zerkers drop all the time” when one zerker’s contribution is actually preventing so many group wipes on adds. The only projectile block we had for the little spidey was my Swirling Winds (obviously the other pugs have no idea they had projectiles blocks) and it lasted long enough in path 1, but not enough with the dps drop in path 3.

Bottom line, pugs are trying to use stacking methods even when they don’t have the dps and then don’t realize what is going wrong. Everyone in party chat was like “why did this happen”.

We then nearly wiped on kholer because the adds were murdering us and we didn’t kill them fast enough etc. We had to kite the champion’s group after the spider queen because they didn’t nearly die fast enough while stacking behind a wall. Overall do a test yourself in dungeons where pugs tend to use stacking methods and you’ll learn soon enough.

Mediocre dps pugs tend to copy methods they learned from groups that had average/decent enough dps to pull it off, and want to stack everywhere, and then wipe inside the stack because they still take more damage than they can take despite the tanky gear, but the mobs will not die fast enough to make the stack work so you need to circle strafe mobs, max melee range the ones that can be while kiting etc. Stacking with truly zero dps is a fail tactic but most of these bad dps pugs so far seem to always have had at least one or two high enough dps member to pull it off. And then they probably laugh when said dps goes down in the stack while having done 70% of the damage during their lifetime. And when they truly get into a true tank group and wipe in a stack they wonder and ask in party chat what went wrong? I’ll tell you what went wrong, you’re a kittening leech and you should stop joining dungeon run on your crap gear.

Join dungeons like AC where you’re guaranteed that pugs will use stacking methods, try to find a truly mediocre dps group and get your two set of gear and swap it during the run, see for yourself, it’s a good learning experience.

Zerking in non-zerk group is very much possible but you do have to be reminded that you can’t just stand in a spot not moving or avoiding anything and survive for long if the group dps sucks. Max melee range, circle strafe things, use more dodges/have vigor etc.
It’s possible on the spider queen adds as long as you have enough dps to kill during the time absorb/reflection is up, but it’s not possible on all mobs and at some point you’ll have to break off the dumb stack.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Bottom line, pugs are trying to use stacking methods even when they don’t have the dps and then don’t realize what is going wrong. Everyone in party chat was like “why did this happen”.

Exactly. I have done the same test and I seen this happen in almost every pug.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

That’s why I take epic carrying Ele for AC, I don’t even want to imagine how long the Queen would take without me (and just me, my abandoned FGS still off to the side) Fiery Rushing her. Then of course getting to the silvers and everyone switching to ranged as they climb up the rubble <_<
I’m like, “YOLO” does one Whirl and Rush, “AW HELL GETTING THE F**K OUTTA HERE” gets downed, becomes that baddie bargzwirkor that everyone whinges about.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Nikaido,
You’re so right.Everything you said hits on the spot.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Yup, + a billion upboats to Nik’s post.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Why people hate zerks?

Kirschwasser.3972

Nah guys, you can’t tell any difference if anybody switches. It’s all in your head. /sarcasm

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious when people aren’t geared the way they ought to be. Luckily, the last few PUGs I were in weren’t too bad. I did get stuck in an Arah run with a guy that just couldn’t dodge anything to save his life.

Why people hate zerks?

colesy.8490

It’s really tempting to try this out now.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

If people hate Berserkers it’s because everyone is using that build and they figure if you’re not trying to be unique and build for yourself, you’re not a good player. I haven’t had any “hate” directed at me, though I have had comments along the lines of “Oh, you’re running that cookie cutter GS/Axe+Mace build?” Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I? Why not use the most efficient DPS build? Just to be different? I mean, it’s fine if you want to play a build that fits more to your style and all… but I fit my style to THAT build and I can run it efficiently even with PuGs that don’t support it.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

New rule, every zerker carries their max range weapon in bag along with a full sentinel or cleric’s set. If a party can’t manage to actually run the content properly, pretend ur a bowbear ranger.

Why people hate zerks?

Kirschwasser.3972

I actually do carry a full set of Cleric’s and a full set of yellow PVT gear. I could blend into the PuGs like a chameleon. It’s be like I was never there.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

As someone who has and wears full AC armor/weapon (not zerk, but close… rampager,

I can stay away from everyone else (I’m a staff ele)

how fail the rest of the party’s DPS is

terrible DPS from the rest of the party.

Huh.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Why people hate zerks?

colesy.8490

As someone who has and wears full AC armor/weapon (not zerk, but close… rampager

lol

missing out on like 80% crit damage is “close” to berserker?

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

As someone who has and wears full AC armor/weapon (not zerk, but close… rampager

lol

missing out on like 80% crit damage is “close” to berserker?

also stacking extra pointless crit chance, and losing all that power

Why people hate zerks?

Kirschwasser.3972

Not only that, but then talking about how fail the rest of the party’s DPS is.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Not only that, but he’s clearly not a wolf

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Staff camping Rampager Ele….
I think I’d rather take a hurf durf CoF1 Warrior.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

dem elitists

Oceanic [LOD]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

In the end, it’s not the players fault. We chose the most efficient gear for dungeons, some people caught on, others said “F” that gonna do my own thing, and everyone else, like me, is sorta just lounging around the middle. The game’s PvE has no need for extra healing in a dungeon, or CC, Conditions of any sort… Just damage.

I’m not siding with the Zerker or GTFO crowd. The attitude is sort of snobby, yes, but if the content actually required us to bring our characters full potential out instead of stacking muscles on top muscles we wouldn’t be having this conversation. In the end, all of this is up to ANET to change. If they don’t feel like doing something about the zerker meta, well all we can do is adapt to it, and eventually the whining will stop. I hope they change the way their PvE works, because I have only ever done 3 dungeons, because I don’t like the zerker meta. So I scrounge up money for whatever exotic gear and runes that I like on the TP. I’m broke, and my gear sucks compared to most (Zerker gear with mixed runes, and cavalier trinkets with emerald crystals), but I’m happy, and it’s good enough for me. /shrug

Gates of Madness

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Are there actually people who hate other people playing in berserker gear?

I haven’t heard much of that.
I do hear people complain about the game’s skew towards direct damage, which is a pretty legitimate hate considering having a variety of options to choose from for character building is kind the whole friggin’ point of an RPG. But what I tend to hear is people pinning the blame squarely on the game, not holding it against other players. How would that even happen anyway? People don’t know what you’re wearing unless you awkwardly supply the information for no apparent reason, so how would they single someone out enough to make these kinds of disparaging remarks?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I do hear people complain about the game’s skew towards direct damage, which is a pretty legitimate hate considering having a variety of options to choose from for character building is kind the whole friggin’ point of an RPG.

This +1

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Are there actually people who hate other people playing in berserker gear?

I haven’t heard much of that.
I do hear people complain about the game’s skew towards direct damage, which is a pretty legitimate hate considering having a variety of options to choose from for character building is kind the whole friggin’ point of an RPG. But what I tend to hear is people pinning the blame squarely on the game, not holding it against other players. How would that even happen anyway? People don’t know what you’re wearing unless you awkwardly supply the information for no apparent reason, so how would they single someone out enough to make these kinds of disparaging remarks?

I take it you haven’t been in the General Discussion subforum much?

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Well good news and bad news: condition damage will finally get some love a month from now (Oct 17 patch details changes to conditions, what it is we’ll not know).

Personally though I’d expect the worse and stick with direct damage for a while, since ANet has a track record of busting things that might not need busting down.

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

3 Pages into this … Getting pretty good.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

The entertainment is endless!

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Why people hate zerks?

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

ok, read everything and have been laughing the whole time. I play a variety of toons at 80 and some are zerk and some are not. My 2 main classes, warrior and guardian for example. My warrior is a complete zerk build, while my guardian is a knight’s build. Out of the 2 I say I accomplish more on the warrior due to the fact of dat dps <3. I only use guardian now if I am in a terrible group and they need a person to survive and rez because they can not play for kittens. I am not the greatest at zerk warrior (still learning the correct timing on dodges) but it is a much more helpful class than a tank guardian. Arah p2 for example, the final boss.I would much prefer a zerk warrior dpsing it down to 50% is much more useful than a couple of tank guards swapping out and taking twice as long.