Why some players are being elitists.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Experienced or even more skilled players that have done the work to get better lack patience to be in a raid with players who they feel are wasting their time.

I have done VG with random pugs and beat it with no voice coms, on like the 5th try before. Then I go to another raid and its like a circus, people dieing left and right, low dps, tons of mistakes, people going AFK for long periods of time wasting everyone’s food and play time, along with people running not good builds.

People don’t want to be in raids like the above. Thats why they are getting picky about who can join raids.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

simply put, yes, only allowing certain classes/builds into your raid is fine by me. I’m even mostly okay with people getting kicked if they aren’t playing well enough. In the end, it’s a game. and dying 50 times because 3/10 people dont play well enough isn’t fun.

That being said, there’s no need to be a jerk about it (and inb4 “I’m not a jerk about it!” a lot of people are.) and half the time the “elitists” don’t even know what they’re talking about (like when i got kicked from a raid for wearing magis armor/zerker trinkets (and stated that i was able to keep the raid alive with this build) instead of full clerics on my druid.)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Sadly,in times like these,you will find more of them,and elitists wannabe’s more than standard players.Everyone is mad and edgy,and people do not have nerves.What happened to the people,only God knows…

Their perception of reality is messed up

For many months,i got kicked from groups because i played shield/scepter/hammer guardian.I love my ghastly grinning shield skin,and that’s why i am using it.Some people want to do things fast and successful,in order to do that,some rules must be followed.For an example,i would never find a spot in raid,as a berserker shield/scepter guardian.Why?Because my dmg would be 0,even tho i have awesome burst,and can tank 10 mobs at the same time,out of dungeon.

Me first,being non elitist,i would kick someone from the group,if he keeps failing,dying,and not doing enough damage,but i would never kick someone,just to invite my friend,or some other better dmg class.I would rather kick person doing insane damage,but dying every hit (not avoiding damage) than person who really trying,and not dying,even if he does lowest dps in raid.

Look at elitists as at those primary school bullies,and soon,you will find them hilarious,rather than irritating.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Sadly gorseval requires people who can stay alive even while full zerking and also doing heavenly DPS for the entre battle. This is the kind of playstyle that a few people can do, unfortunately.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I agree. It isn’t elitism… good damage builds are simply a requirement for success. You can cry about playing how you want and being kicked for running your terrible build but the reality is if you want to beat the raid you need to do it.

Raids are not dungeons, they are not fractals. You simply cannot beat the timer unless everyone is running as much dps as they can possibly squeeze out. The VG actually has a very, very generous timer. it only gets worse after him.

My raid group is not bad by any means, but we still have far too many people not running good builds, not wanting to go over skills, and many aren’t even running food. We managed to beat VG but Gorseval is going poorly and people are getting demoralized. it is not fun to never make progress and waste hours and hours because some people refuse to change.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

I got kittenid off when i realized that in the group of pugs i was in for gorseval, there were people using magic find food…i mean wtf? At this point everybody should know food is a big deal on this battle as the runes and sigils. One of them was using sigil of the night…cmon

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Because they weren’t before.. took who ever they could from the guild and got rofflestomped for 7+ hours straight

Maybe tried again with the same results.. and then realize.. it’s not happening. Gear check, Teamspeak check.. people who listen check..

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Experienced or even more skilled players that have done the work to get better lack patience to be in a raid with players who they feel are wasting their time.

I have done VG with random pugs and beat it with no voice coms, on like the 5th try before. Then I go to another raid and its like a circus, people dieing left and right, low dps, tons of mistakes, people going AFK for long periods of time wasting everyone’s food and play time, along with people running not good builds.

People don’t want to be in raids like the above. Thats why they are getting picky about who can join raids.

How to be Elitist in Raids(only works for Vale Guardian)
You do not need to ask them to ping gear or anything. Just do the following, it is much simpler.

This method is used to check whether someone has defeated Vale Guardian or not.

First, check if they have 162+ Mastery Level, it is a given that they have beaten Vale Guardian before if they have 162 or more.

If they have less points, then you have to to use the method below.
(They might have defeated Vale Guardian but have not maxed out other Masteries)

Ask the players to travel to the Raid Vendor. If they cannot, that means they do not have the Rift Traveler Mastery(it only requires 508,000 Exp), which in turn means that they do not have Forsaken Thicket Mastery unlocked, which implies they have not beaten Vale Guardian before.

(If you did beat Vale Guardian but did not earn 508,000 Exp yet for Rift Traveler, come back when you have done so then we will believe you)

Note that if a player has exactly 161 points, it also means that they have not defeated Vale Guardian yet, since Forsaken Thicket is the only Mastery that requires 2 Mastery Points.

Arenanet made a built-in Experienced Player Checker themselves to promote Elitism at its finest.

I do not advocate Elitism nor am I elitist, and I have not even defeated Vale Guardian. I am just pointing this out having been a victim of people looking for “Experienced” players only.
(They actually mean “having defeated the boss before” when they say “Experienced”)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Incoming “Travel to Raid vendor or kick” meta

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Eternal title or kick hahaha

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

How to be Elitist in Raids(only works for Vale Guardian)
You do not need to ask them to ping gear or anything. Just do the following, it is much simpler.

This method is used to check whether someone has defeated Vale Guardian or not.

First, check if they have 162+ Mastery Level, it is a given that they have beaten Vale Guardian before if they have 162 or more.

If they have less points, then you have to to use the method below.
(They might have defeated Vale Guardian but have not maxed out other Masteries)

Ask the players to travel to the Raid Vendor. If they cannot, that means they do not have the Rift Traveler Mastery(it only requires 508,000 Exp), which in turn means that they do not have Forsaken Thicket Mastery unlocked, which implies they have not beaten Vale Guardian before.

(If you did beat Vale Guardian but did not earn 508,000 Exp yet for Rift Traveler, come back when you have done so then we will believe you)

Note that if a player has exactly 161 points, it also means that they have not defeated Vale Guardian yet, since Forsaken Thicket is the only Mastery that requires 2 Mastery Points.

Arenanet made a built-in Experienced Player Checker themselves to promote Elitism at its finest.

I do not advocate Elitism nor am I elitist, and I have not even defeated Vale Guardian. I am just pointing this out having been a victim of people looking for “Experienced” players only.
(They actually mean “having defeated the boss before” when they say “Experienced”)

You, sir, are a classic case of people over complicating things. Just have them link the legendary insight. By now they should have at least 2. That simple.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Then I go to another raid and its like a circus, people dieing left and right, people going AFK for long periods of time wasting everyone’s food

Holy kitten, that sounds like a horrible circus. Nevermind people dying in front of me while I’m trying to watch the kitten clown, but they’re wasting MY food, MY popcorns? Hell no!!

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Then I go to another raid and its like a circus, people dieing left and right, people going AFK for long periods of time wasting everyone’s food

Holy kitten, that sounds like a horrible circus. Nevermind people dying in front of me while I’m trying to watch the kitten clown, but they’re wasting MY food, MY popcorns? Hell no!!

Oh hell naw, they be wasting my G.H.Cretors Chicago Mix Popcorns?!?! UNACCEPTABLE! >:P

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat