Why the new changes?

Why the new changes?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Who really makes these random decisions for changes such as locking transformations suddenly in dungeons and fractals so we can’t change our utilities, while not allowing us to use our own hard earned tonics?

Side note. Why was the wall at the AC end boss changed so you can’t hide behind it, but the open pillar where people can safely range wasn’t changed? Is the message supposed to be high risk high reward isn’t what they want to promote?

There have been countless changes that come out of the blue and they don’t seem to bring value to the game?

I really am confused behind these decisions recently. The intention isn’t to just QQ.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

It’s simple, the common player believes that stacking in a corner and melee’ing a boss is an exploit. And we all know how much ArenaNet loves to please the common player.
There’s not much use for that specific corner anyways as FGS has been out of comission for nearly a month now, besides it being the most obvious LoS’ing spot in the room of course.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What you should be asking is not why they blocked off that area an left the pillar, but why they blocked off that area but left a little corner that you can still use to the same effect… yay pointless changes!

The form change utility lock I assume is a bug, but I don’t know how that got past QA. There’s also the issue with the change to how out of combat works on the UI, it use to be that your little swap utility arrows went away, now they just get slightly smaller… very annoying change.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

• If there is an instance where you loose your skills or pickup an item you could regain them by clicking the tonic. You could use them for skipping certain content. Other tonics don’t work because you will not retain your skills while using them.
  • There was a particular funny bug with it where you could use it to get underneath a map of any dungeon if you know where to use it.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Thanks for the info about the tonic. I’ll just move this tonic over here beside my stack of experimental rifles…

Why the new changes?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Apparently you get your utilities unchangeable in ac p3 with the ghost transformation super immersion magical effect.
But also if you use signet of the wild on ranger in any dungeon. And probably other stuff.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Banner tonic still works in AC p3.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Why the new changes?

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Apparently you get your utilities unchangeable in ac p3 with the ghost transformation super immersion magical effect.

Yes this is also where I experienced this. Annoying to say the least.

| Lithia |

Why the new changes?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

To be honest, I’ve also found the dungeon changes to be perplexing at times. They seem like clumsy attempts to make players tackle dungeons as the design intended, generally by making everything else more punishing (more dredge!).

If they’ve changed the safe spots for the Colossus Rumbulus then it is hardly surprising. The original design probably intended for the whole area to be subject to environment damage so that players would use the NPCs for protection. If any safe spots remain then they shouldn’t.

Why the new changes?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I did some pvesports today. Ascalon fractal bugs your utility bar too. Pretty immersive since ancient charrs didn’t master the magic of skill swaps out of combat. They could only do it by relogging. Thank you anet for this feature! Totally needed! Don’t ever fix it!

Maybe make a gemstore item called “utility swatch” that makes you able to swap those 3 lovely skills while forcefully transformed.