Why your dungeons are not fun

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Geekcrux.1245

Geekcrux.1245

People don’t mind a challenge. In fact the challenge is what makes activities enjoyable. Something needs to give though because right now you placed amateurs against professionals. I get scaled down to whatever dungeon I’m in and that means that I die about as fast in each one of them. That being about 3 hits.

The amount of damage I take when I’m in a dungeon is just plain stupid. I’m a thief and I have full exotic gear, minus weapons. I can still get killed in 3 hits from a mob in a dungeon. I evade. I use skills to stealth to avoid damage, but there is only so many things I can do before my survival skills are on cool down and my endurance is too low to evade.

Then on top of that, you designed the dungeons to throw more mobs at us that we have people in our group. What happened to the idea of everyone takes turns tanking? There are no turns. There is just hectic focus fire on a target and picking up fallen players faster than they fall down again.

Some fights are so stupid for melee that I literally pew pew with my short bow and just pick up people from one downed player to the next.

This isn’t fun. You don’t play a game to feel like a worthless POS. You play fantasy games to feel like the hero. Why else would you have put all that effort into the personal story. You did that right. You made us feel like heroes. You did not do that with dungeons. You make us feel like amateurs trying to best professionals. Then you make us take on two professionals at once and then tell us to take turns.

I’m just glad that wvw is so much fun. I’ll continue to play for the wvw, but I have had my last dungeon run. I just can’t do it anymore.

I personally suggest that you just drop the HP for the silver mobs to about 1/2 of what they are currently and slow their run speed down slightly so we can move to avoid them easier. Leave the gold mobs alone.

I just had another worst dungeon experience ever so sorry if I sound bitter. This is a game. Games are fun. Your dungeons are not fun. The challenge far out weighs the reward. Please find a happy medium don’t nerf the dungeons into easy mode, but make them more reasonable.

Loot is fine. I don’t care about the loot. I want the dungeon to be fun.

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

LOL

“You don’t play a game to feel like a worthless POS”

yeah very nice, yeah I can relate. After being evicerated, blown up, beheaded and humilated by trash mobs….I do kind get this feeling. And when I finally make it to the end having suffered many humiliating deaths and feeling generally like a tic on the butt of one of those bandits could out DPS me…I dont feel so triumphant….not so much.

Posted by: Write.3192

Write.3192

I want to petition to change this game’s name to Ranged Wars 2.

Posted by: Cromx.3941

Cromx.3941

I don’t know it should be called kite and respawn.

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

It is REALLY pathetic that this game made dungeons with ranged in mind. Melee players get kitten stomped so hard, its not even funny.

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

I agree with your suggestion. I think the amount of health enemies have, across the board, is the single greatest flaw with dungeons. Silver mobs having the survivability they do greatly undermines CC and survival tricks when after blowing all these cds the mob is still going to be running around for another 30 seconds while other enemies have been beating up on you as well.

Posted by: achmed.6542

achmed.6542

Worst part is that bosses are at least in story mode way easier then a bunch of trashmobs.

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

If you going in to dungeons in full power precison crit damage gear, you are going to have a bad time.

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

It’s all about how you allocate your skill points, and if you have any toughness/vitality gear. I run as a Necromancer, and I don’t die all that often. I’m usually last to die if it’s a wipe. I have a good amount of toughness, my profession has high health aside from any extra vitality I have, and I bring utility skills. If you “spec” just for DPS, expect to be squishy.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

If you “spec for dps” you’re going to just die, end of.
I came to understand that you can’t, due to hp pools on enemies, just zergblast your lazors and win. if you see a ranged enemy they WILL stay back and thus you use a wall skill to block the ranged attacks, if that goes down, then you put up another one or adapt.

I know it’s hard to accept, and not what they said, but you really CANT just go in using WHATEVER you want weapon wise sometimes, you have to use what’s best for group play. If you play in any ways to old archetypes, or selfishly then you will ALL have a much harder time.
all signet warriors might seem great farming overworld, but in a dungeon they’re garbage and bring nothing to the table for a group, damage alone does not cut it.
if you’re a squishier class, and you stack toughness you’re going to become a BIGGER target. and you’ll find that it’s NOT that great a stat and doesn’t allow you to facetank. and no matter what you do, you will ultimately end up being one shot by mechanics that are meant to either close to or definitely one shot you. should they be made more forgiving? maybe some should in rare cases, but that’s a balancing issue that should be fixed at some point soon.
get some utility, get some vitality (or if you do want to get toughness then be prepared for faster aggro to you and get ready to kite more) stop building for fail dps and thinking “if i throw enough numbers at them it’ll be ok”

you get cheesed by enemies, the trick is to cheese them back!

they have a huge 4k+ ranged skill? reflect it or nullify it or blind them so they miss
they have a huge heavy hitting attack? blind them and laugh as they miss.
they have immunity to cc? only while they have those stacks, and each cc burns a stack, at certain points they are 50% vulnerable to cc like daze etc, plan for those and have the dedicated cc user ready to burn those stacks and hold to interrupt something important.

I agree there are issues with some mechanics, but ask the questions before you condemn the basic ideas totally.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

This isn’t fun. You don’t play a game to feel like a worthless POS.

So much win in that line and so true.

Posted by: neocatzeo.7485

neocatzeo.7485

One problem here is that you can’t see what skills the enemies are using, unlike GW1. So it’s much harder, and usually guess work / spam attacks to interrupt them.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Sure you can neocatzeo, they have animations for their big attacks, the other ones “shouldn’t” down you in one, unless you’re a no vitality glasscannon, in which case….. eh doesn’t work in dungeons :S

well, it could potentially, but you’d need a very strong grasp of a few things

1:dodging on time: this would be more experienced it enough to know when on each mob

2: positioning: it’s very important on gw2 to be behind the right walls and barriers if you have them

3: a team that will support your glascannon damage and help you out with it.

The last part ironically is the one part you may get into a little bit of bother with :P

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Geekcrux.1245

Geekcrux.1245

If you “spec for dps” you’re going to just die, end of.

It’s all about how you allocate your skill points, and if you have any toughness/vitality gear. I run as a Necromancer, and I don’t die all that often. I’m usually last to die if it’s a wipe. I have a good amount of toughness, my profession has high health aside from any extra vitality I have, and I bring utility skills. If you “spec” just for DPS, expect to be squishy.

If you going in to dungeons in full power precison crit damage gear, you are going to have a bad time.

Did I say that I was stacking myself for pure DPS? These posters are making assumptions about my build.

I actually have 30 points in Vitality. I have vitality on my weapons. I have vitality on some of my trinkets.

I never said I was stacking pure damage stats. I just said I was a thief. I have wvw gear and pve gear.