Will I get banned for this?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

For hosting/joining an glitched AC 3+2 path. I have not received one concrete answer from anyone in this game other than going on the fear-of-god speculation that ANET will smite my account if they found me out. I am not incriminating myself with this post saying I host/join them , but for the sake of clarity I would like to know, will doing a glitched path, one that is created by a error in the coding of this game get me banned without warning whatsoever?

From my entire history of playing this game in the last 2 years, I have never heard a concrete answer other than “He-said, She-Said”. Can I get a concrete answer so that I may put this question to rest?

Speaking from my opinion, you lose more money glitching the path than you do from doing it outright.

You lose 187k exp, 26 silver, 4-5 champion bags, and several dungeon tokens and save 20 minutes of redo’ing an entire path. I have heard they’ve done a sweep of bans in the past targeting players who did an exploit that allowed them to craft ascended equipment at 1/1000th of the cost requirement and that I can understand a ban for, but what I’m looking for is if ANET will ban players for exploiting a function that ultimately just saves them 20 minutes of time VS an exploit that destroys the itegrity of the game’s economy?

Please do not post, “Yes they will ban you” without a citation or proof. I want a concrete answer for this because I’m tired of hearing that. I want a citation or an article or a screen shot of email from support saying “X player has been banned for exploiting a glitch in AC”.

(edited by Renshu.5329)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

They can, but probably won’t. Can’t say for sure either way.

It’s obviously an unintended exploit that results in a higher reward/time, but no one’s heard of anyone getting banned for this or similar exploits in e.g. CoE when they were around.

Posted by: Kainis.9475

Kainis.9475

This is faster doing it this way, even when you factor in the long setup time required to make it work. That said, you short yourself at least 50 silver and 40 tokens by doing it this way, so it isn’t a one-sided exploit.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You will not get banned unless you try to sell the exploited runs. They don’t really care about this sort of stuff unless you try to gain an ingame advantage over other players. If the exploits in question matter enough for them then they’ll do something about the exploit itself.

Clearly, based off of how they do nothing for the dungeon community at all, this is probably not even under their radar let alone something they would concern themselves with banning people over it.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Like miku said, my friend got banned twice for selling AC, but i doubt they ban people joining. But, they did warned people not to join exploited path and how to reconize exploited path because joining and knowing it was exploited can result you a ban? I think?

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

This is faster doing it this way, even when you factor in the long setup time required to make it work. That said, you short yourself at least 50 silver and 40 tokens by doing it this way, so it isn’t a one-sided exploit.

This is exactly the sentiment I’m feelings from this particular “exploit”. The person partaking in this excursion ends up losing loot / gold, but saves time. I know people who only play 2-3 hours a day and they’re almost exclusively for dungeon runs for gold for later use when they have more time to play like on weekends.

If ANET really thinks this “exploit” is an problem then they just have to remove the graveling mound at the first stair-case. Problem solved in AC.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

If ANET really thinks this “exploit” is an problem then they just have to remove the graveling mound at the first stair-case. Problem solved in AC.

?

What does the graveling mound have anything to do with a 3-in-1? Are we talking about the same things?

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

?

What does the graveling mound have anything to do with a 3-in-1? Are we talking about the same things?

Most of the plebs who only do 2+3 in one instead of 1+2+3 in one kill the NPCs on the graveling mound that spawns at the bottom of the stairs.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You will not get banned unless you try to sell the exploited runs. They don’t really care about this sort of stuff unless you try to gain an ingame advantage over other players. If the exploits in question matter enough for them then they’ll do something about the exploit itself.

Clearly, based off of how they do nothing for the dungeon community at all, this is probably not even under their table let alone something they would concern themselves with banning people over it.

FTFY.