Will healing ascended be added to fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: yagerau.6438

yagerau.6438

Q:

Its been mentioned before that you can get zero healing power currently on the back pieces, and 2/5th the healing power of an exotic on the ring (via celestial.) My character’s play style is healing. I love it, and I like fractals. However i’m hoarding my relics still and making do with 0 agony on the hope that they will release healing power items soon so I can progress. I just want to know if there has been any mention or discussion about this anywhere from anyone on above? Is it an oversight or on purpose? Even if they just say “No” or “Not planned soon” I can at least move on and use the relics on something else to switch into for boss fights.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Also wondering this. Seems strange that the cleric’s power/toughness/healing type, a relatively popular stat setup for some professions, is outright absent.

Adding ascended rings with the setup at least, would be especially easy. Just make another item and stick it on that pristine relic vendor. Probably could be done in a few minutes and would make quite a few people happy.

I’ve had spare pristine relics and the shard/glob/vials needed ready to go to make an infused “cleric” ring, waiting for them to add this since I figured it was just a minor oversight thta would be corrected.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

I can certainly see they are left out to keep ascended gear in fractals. In FotM healing is secondary and marginal on low fractals and ineffective on high fractals.

If you want to progress, just put on any ring. If you find better infused versions of the rings then just forge the soulbound ones into unbounded infused ones for your alts. No amount of heal is going to heal people who can’t dodge.

yagerau.6438

I’m taking a quote from the guild wars 2 website here:
We’re adding a wide range of new gear that can be purchased with the new laurels.

With 5 new Utility Infusions and 30 Ascended Amulets to choose from, there’s something for every style of player.

Every style of player except healing? I was rather disappointed to see this whole new list of fancy ascended gear come out, and still we cannot stack healing power as even a secondary stat, on anything. I mean they even have magic find infusions and sets, but healing power playstyle is somehow less important?

I really would love to hear an official response on this. Is it intentional? (looks like it) If it is intentional, do we not deserve an explanation at least as to why? Anything to either keep up the hopes or just cope with the fact that any HP oriented character will be wearing exotic for life.

Posted by: Razzy.2741

Razzy.2741

I also need Healing Power ascended equipment as primary stat. I see no reason to leave this one out of every other stat combination. And if people claim it’s useless stat (makes me laugh every time I read such nonsense), then that’s even more the reason to put it on – at least nobody will cry to take it down, as it’s not “overpowered”. If there is magic find stat, the most useless thing in the entire game, on almost every ascended gear, why there is no decent Healing Power equipment?

It seriously disturbs me a lot, that I still prefer using exotics over ascended gear due to lack of adequate Healing Power amount on the ascended rings/amulet and NO healing back piece.

BEER Guild - Dungeon Riders

Posted by: ChaK.3254

ChaK.3254

again : +1

Completly destroys my style of play. Currently fractal 16, was expecting those ring to come out… disappointed. Very.

Sure I can go lunar/solaria, but I just loose so much healing stat it’s not even funny.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

What’s dumb is the “30 Ascended Amulets” is really just 10 amulets with 3 different types of infusion slots. They managed to choose some of the worst possible stat combinations as well.

That said, +healing is bad so maybe they are doing you a favor in the long-run.

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

That said, +healing is bad so maybe they are doing you a favor in the long-run.

You forgot one thing – the ascended items usage is not limited to FOTM. I’d like to get them not for agony resistance, but simply for higher stats. As my jewelry is full cleric (and I like my setup and don’t find it bad, quite the opposite) I’d really like to see heal/pow/tough items.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

yagerau.6438

There is a niche with some HP specs in groups. If everyone knows you are bringing the heals, and that yours are better than theirs, and that you will always be giving them all the regen they need, they can focus on offensive playstyles and bring more offense gear or utilities. However the usefulness of HP isn’t the topic, its the fact that an entire niche is being singled out and getting the shaft here. If it was because it isn’t bringing anything good to the team, then we certainly wouldn’t have Magic find Ascended sets for every slot…

Posted by: Lyca.9183

Lyca.9183

I too was wondering about this just saw the list of ascended gear on the wiki and saw that the only healing power items were the ones with stats on everything, not good.

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

It’s a little buried now and was on a different forum but they did address this yesterday:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-amulets-and-ascended-items-overall/page/4#post1342141

Posted by: Lyca.9183

Lyca.9183

It’s a little buried now and was on a different forum but they did address this yesterday:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-amulets-and-ascended-items-overall/page/4#post1342141

thank you for the link.