Will we ever get challenging content?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Barbelo.5916

Barbelo.5916

I say keep the dungeons challenging. The jerks are in the easiest dungeon, COF path 1, and the nice people are in the more challenging ones.

IOJ [TRBO]

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

It would be a lot better if they just fix the bugs in some dungeons, if not all of them.

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

Naked melee party against Lupi

And I’m sorry to say the “undisclosed” reason people asking for harder content is mostly for bragging right, which in itself an indication of a lack of self confidence (and lack of self esteem)
The content is already hard. Trying naked. QED.

Content are not meant to be played naked. Difficulty is not found in simply more damage from mobs / less armor for you, the fight remains the same except that you can tank less (a lot less) but GW2 is currently designed so you can’t really dodge 100% of damage (which is in my opinion a good thing).
No matter of cool it is, I don’t want to play naked.

I always compare it to Alien Swarm (Valve) because it is definitely a game worth the time you spend on it and with real challenge : a good gaming experience. There is a game mode by the name of “Onslaught” in which Aliens spawn randomly and that forces you to take decisions and to react instinctively to what happens : you could not get to the end of the stage because you knew it by heart (basically what you do in campaign mode and what I currently do in GW2).
Also there were 4classes with uniqueness and non-replacable specificities which is not really what you can find in GW2 : sure, skills are different from a profession to another but at the end of the day a lot of them are “replacable” because it’s all a matter of boon/condition which are common. The only unique mechanics I can think of are Illusions and Time Warp (because it is infinitely better than any other Quickness skill) and maybe Shadowstep which serves almost no purpose in dungeons.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Naked melee party against Lupi

And I’m sorry to say the “undisclosed” reason people asking for harder content is mostly for bragging right, which in itself an indication of a lack of self confidence (and lack of self esteem)
The content is already hard. Trying naked. QED.

Content are not meant to be played naked. Difficulty is not found in simply more damage from mobs / less armor for you, the fight remains the same except that you can tank less (a lot less) but GW2 is currently designed so you can’t really dodge 100% of damage (which is in my opinion a good thing).
No matter of cool it is, I don’t want to play naked.

Your subjective interpretation of difficulty is debatable, as is mine. You are not going to win your argument w/ me & neither mine w/ you. And I’m not going into a wall of text to present another side of view.
But the whole point of my opinion is people are too serious w/ their knowledge and want to impose their “subjective interpretation” of whatever they perceive it should be the way they think it should be.
Anet could take your view or could take my view, and that doesn’t mean one view is better than the other. The only better view is whatever view the mass like the most and that how a good company supposes to operate. Unfortunately, many companies are operated by idiots. Or listen to idiots.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

You could always try not playing a guardian.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: IamDuddits.1692

IamDuddits.1692

Anet could take your view or could take my view, and that doesn’t mean one view is better than the other. The only better view is whatever view the mass like the most and that how a good company supposes to operate. Unfortunately, many companies are operated by idiots. Or listen to idiots.

Isn’t appeasing the masses and listening to idiots usually the same thing?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Why do people want Hard Mode so bad?? You realize it’s just going to be more adds and higher health pools right? They certainly aren’t going to change the mechanics of enemies and dungeons to make them more challenging in an entertaining way..

[DnT]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

3 issues:

1) heavy profession are extgremely OP in pve to the point they open threads to ask for “challenging content” while Others do not agree….

2) the content is designed to be challenging (and unnecessarily difficult) the first time you play it….

After you memorize everythinsg and learn to cheat AI it becomes easy…..

3) some players don t play with the randomness of pugs…..they have their party with their boring fixed tactics…they run every time in the same spot doing the same things in the same way with the same classes….

They could almost write a routine for that.

No wonder they think is boring.

P.S. i support hard mode…WITH THE SAME REWARDS than normal mode…
I play fractals with pugs i get horrible loot….so if people wants challenge give them challenge…..
But i think they want better loot than other players because they have a dungeon Group….and that is not only unfair but its the opposite of how a mmorpg should be played.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

It would be a lot better if they just fix the bugs in some dungeons, if not all of them.

This ^