Wing 2 is there a timer?

Wing 2 is there a timer?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Sorry I’m still downloading the content.

Is there a timer for the Bosses? Or has Anet managed to make it about Mechanics and skill this time?

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I don’t see what’s so bad about having a timer.

VG’s, Gors’, and Sab’s fights require skill and have mechanics. Sabetha is a complete snooze fest though…

Do you honestly want to have a single boss fight last 10-20 minutes?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Ummmmm Wing 2….

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I like the pressure that timers bring rather than how long we can take fighting before we finally kill the boss.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Wow. Just Wow. Dude.

I am just asking if there is timers for Raid 1 wing 2. Not your opinion on them.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Yes there are timers.

Bullet Punch

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Thank you. There’s the information I was after.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Timer for the first boss is 7 minutes, timer for the second “boss” is 9 minutes and I didn’t make it till the third boss yet, but I’m fairly certain its timed as well

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Ayrilana.1396

Wow. Just Wow. Dude.

I am just asking if there is timers for Raid 1 wing 2. Not your opinion on them.

The last part of your post came off as a critique on timers.

Or has Anet managed to make it about Mechanics and skill this time?

Wing 2 is there a timer?

mrauls.6519

^ I noticed that too

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Not a critique an observation that lots of people have made and requested.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

but their request was already granted

Wing 2 is there a timer?

mrauls.6519

I hope anet doesn’t grant anymore of their requests…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Not a critique an observation that lots of people have made and requested.

Nah, it’s actually a pretty passive aggressive comment that’s pretty full of bitterness.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Got to say I find it funny you couldn’t wait long enough to down load it. Feels like a weak excuse.

Seems more like you were looking for an excuse to push your agenda against timers again.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Actually I cant raid until tonight. And so I was curious people are allow to be that you know.

And I am more than happy to push “my” agenda against timers (I’m not really the only one just so you know) over and over and over again. Cause this new raid proves that timers are useless (Roid beat the first boss already) and it should be Mechanics based and not timers based.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Ayrilana.1396

Cause this new raid proves that timers are useless (Roid beat the first boss already) and it should be Mechanics based and not timers based.

Not really. In case you don’t know, all bosses have mechanics.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Honestly, I hate the timers as they are.

Sure, no one wants to be in a 20min fight, but removing the timer ateast allows them to complete it.

Why not use the Timer for BONUS loot? Like defeating the first boss at all only gives tokens, but beat it within 7min, get a piece of ascended gear with a choice of getting HoT stats? Or a mini, etc.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Cause this new raid proves that timers are useless (Roid beat the first boss already) and it should be Mechanics based and not timers based.

Yes I do know. And most of them can be better than they are now and more challenging.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

10 minutes for matthias, the third boss
he’s a pure nightmare i promise, sabetha is a joke if compared to him

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

That’s cool.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

10min timer, but he still seemed to be a big DPS check

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Ayrilana.1396

Yes I do know. And most of them can be better than they are now and more challenging.

How could they be better and more challenging?

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

There is a timer but it doesn’t actually mean anything. Just like it didn’t on wing 1.

I’d also like to know how something can be more challenging when you remove a restraint.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Talyn.3295

Simple answer the has no clue. He just w ants to bring up the same argument over and over. Anyone with a clue knew that this wing would have trimmer too. And as usual it’s not the timers that kill its the mechanics.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Simple answer the has no clue. He just w ants to bring up the same argument over and over. Anyone with a clue knew that this wing would have trimmer too. And as usual it’s not the timers that kill its the mechanics.

Hmmmm No clue huh.

I don’t know maybe go have a look at other MMO’s that have raids that don’t have timers and yet have more challenge and mechanics that make it more fun.

I don’t know talk to the groups that have beaten the first 2 bosses already. Timers are worthless.

You guys really can’t see out of the box and that is very very sad.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Talyn.3295

Hmmmm No clue huh.

I don’t know maybe go have a look at other MMO’s that have raids that don’t have timers and yet have more challenge and mechanics that make it more fun.

I don’t know talk to the groups that have beaten the first 2 bosses already. Timers are worthless.

If that is the case, maybe you should go play those MMOS, because the majority of raiders are happy. If you can’t see that. Then I feel sad for you.

Because as I said, any one who has a clue about Raids in Guild Wars 2 would have known that the second raid wing was going to have timers.

My raid group almost never hits the timer, so whats your point? Most good groups won’t. Those timers are to stop overly tanky cheese from happening. Thus keeping the challenge.

Don’t think I am gonna bother reading your post anymore at this point. Enough said.

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

Hmmmm No clue huh.

If that is the case, maybe you should go play those MMOS, because the majority of raiders are happy. If you can’t see that. Then I feel sad for you.

Because as I said, any one who has a clue about Raids in Guild Wars 2 would have known that the second raid wing was going to have timers.

Don’t think I am gonna bother reading your post anymore at this point. Enough said.

Thankfully I don’t ever have to listen to you. And I can read. And I have read plenty of posts of raiders who aren’t happy with Raids and timers.

I’m not interested in other MMO’s so ppffffftttt. I’ll be here long after your bored cause your timers don’t do it for you anymore.

I’ll be happy that your not gonna read my posts anymore. Have a lovely day.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Firebird Gomer.9563

My raid group almost never hits the timer, so whats your point? Most good groups won’t. Those timers are to stop overly tanky cheese from happening. Thus keeping the challenge.

In complete and utter seriousness and the fact that you edited this in while I was posting the point is that if your beating VG with 3 – 4 minutes left on the timer then timers are pointless and better mechanics are needed. Not every-time I’m sure. They work with TT and it makes it fun. Doesn’t mean they can’t be used from time to time. They don’t need to be used every-time.

Watch the Brazil VG fight. They cheese their way though the fight in almost 40 minutes. So everyone’s statement of you can’t tank your way through the timer is wrong. They sure did it.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

So everyone’s statement of you can’t tank your way through the timer is wrong. They sure did it.

Yes we know. The problem is that is your argument, not ours. Which is why I posted it as answer to what you said.

Only 4 drafts on Big G? That’s a timer. Platform deded? That’s a timer. Change VG so arena becomes electrified with every bolt, charges faster if you miss greens, and you become a corpse at 100%? Nice mechanic right? Oh wait. That’s still a timer.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Timers are extremaly generous, especially on last boss. There’s big focus on getting the mechanics right, surviving and awarness instead of DPS race.

It’s 100% possible to kill Matthius and maybe Sloth in enrage, too.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

I just think it’s funny that someone actually thought there was enough of a chance that timers didn’t exist in wing 2 to ask it. Yes, there’s still timers.

Wing 2 is there a timer?

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

I’m not interested in other MMO’s so ppffffftttt. I’ll be here long after your bored cause your timers don’t do it for you anymore.

Troll is real in this one.

[OP] Optimise