Wing 3 Feedback

Wing 3 Feedback

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Hello,

I just wanted to give my feedback about the new raidwing.

While I really love Slothasor and especially Matthias, and also the wing 1 bosses, I am a bit dissapointed by the new wing.
The first event is just like bandit trio much more like the spirit wood event and barely worth a legendary insight. However, iirc it was already mentioned that those event-like raidencounters won’t be a thing anymore in future raidwings, so i won’t discuss this event further.
My biggest problem with the second boss is that most of the time you are not dealing with the boss itself because it is either stunned, standing still and doing nothing or is just not there at all. Once you figured out the mechanics, the only threat is bad rng at the spirit spawn.
The phase where you have to tank the flying projectiles is way too long and not engaging at all. Same goes for the part where you have to push a “football” into the rifts. The mobs just are there and try to push the “ball” away but they don’t do anything else. While this may sound interesting because european football championsship is taking place at the moment, it’s actually pretty boring.
In the last encounter you are also fighting not the boss most of the time but you are dealing with some environmental stuff. And its not challenging at all if you have to stand in a circle and damage some stationary thing. The only difficult thing there is counting til ten and people learn this in elementary school^^.

At the end I want to stress that I am really happy with the raids in general, it was an amazing work, only wing 3 is not so good in my opinion, even though the design of the environment is great.

For future raidbosses please make more bossfights like e.g. Matthias, where you are actually fighting the boss himself and are constantly pressured. This does not mean that add-spawns are bad in general, but the boss should always present and the main focus. Also require the raiders to use their dodge-key much more often, so often that you actually have to pay attention to not waste any dodges (similarly to soloing lupicus, just for a ten man encounter).
I’d love to see more bosses where you have to constantly pay attention to your own survival (and the survival of the teammates) – this does not mean to hide behind pvt armor of course but means to still put out damage at the same time.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

the only threat is bad rng at the spirit spawn

There is no RnG, one spirit appears on each side, never 2 spirits on the same side.

I loved the third wing, Thanks for the full raid team!

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I simply wanted to take a moment and say how great the 3rd wing is. From the environment to the boss design

The raid team has completely outdone themselves

Xera boss fight is jaw dropping the first time you attempt her.

I am seriously impressed by your hard work.

Keep it up!

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

I agree with you

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It is – it has some of the best looking places I’ve seen in the game. The mechanics are fun – the loot is pretty good.

10/10 Raid team. You’ve done a great job!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

IMO this wing has the best visual pieces and level design. However, the boss fights are somewhat of a step down from the previous raids.

Siege is about equal to trio in difficulty and fun.

Construct is incredibly easy, and really only relies on one player playing golf correctly.

Xera’s design looks amazing, but so much of the time is spent gliding around that it gets old kind of fast. Difficulty-wise she is fine, though she is probably the easiest of the final bosses and the main difficulties come from leyline gliding fails.

Things I would change/bugfix (going to try and remove any “unfair difficulty”, without really buffing the bosses even though this is the easiest wing).

Siege:

- Reduce cooldown on the “call” special action key. In general one person is going to be moving her and it just feels more annoying when you can’t spam her over (would reduce the difficulty a little, but whenever I babysit her it always feels so annoying).

- Add a white ring AoE around npc so you can tell how far away from her you can get before she starts running off on her own.

Construct:

- Add a fixation noise and <XXX has been fixated> prompt. Currently we get a noise for the easy to see bomb part, but not for the much harder to see and important fixation.

- Fixation is very wonky atm. It seems like when the construct is not targeting anyone (jumping, cone AoE) the statues can fixate on the tank. Then once the tank regains agro they change targets. This also occurs when the fixation target goes down. In general this usually messes everyone up. Make it so when the statue changes fixation target it waits in place for 2-3 seconds before bolting it over to the next target. Once these fixation issues are fixed you may want to reduce the circumference of how far away the statue needs to die from the boss, as it is currently way to forgiving. Perhaps make it so it is the same range as how far the statues need to be to fuse together (currently you can venn diagram them without worry), so we can see the range on that too.

- Currently Green circles that spawn in the phase transition before the core phase disappear prior to the attack. If enough people leave right when the green goes away everyone dies. Just make the circles last longer.

- Cone AoE is very hard to see when everyone also has bombs. make it so he can’t do both at same time.

- Slightly reduce the circumference of the AoE circle on top of the Construct. The several 130 range auto-attacks in this game either can’t hit him without taking a lot of damage, or it is very hard to (so much so it might not even worth attacking him during this part as a 4 or 5 core push is generally overkill on dps anyway.)

Twisted Castle:
- Highlight of the entire wing. Don’t really see any issues with it, it was a lot of fun trying to figure out and can be run through very quickly once people know where to go.

Xera:

- Ley-line gliding seemed to be a potential “RNG” issue that liked to unfairly murder people, as people’s gliders sometimes randomly turn off.

- Wish the madness mechanic played more of a role, as currently it is pretty much a non-issue, especially with the mastery which most raiders will have if not now, then by next week.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I simply wanted to take a moment and say how great the 3rd wing is. From the environment to the boss design

Keep it up!

Except I heard new raiders still can’t find groups to raid with. Thus only fun for a very limited # of players in game.

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Keep it up!

Except I heard new raiders still can’t find groups to raid with. Thus only fun for a very limited # of players in game.

Yes, because it definitely is difficult to find a guild to raid with, especially with the amount of teaching guilds around.

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Yeah, it’s almost as if those limited number of players put time, energy and effort into forming and creating a group to get stuff done. /shrug

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Keep it up!

a) the content is not going anywhere. It is permanent.

b) this is wing 3. It would make sense for new raiders to start in wing 1 and make their way up. It’s only logical

c) plenty of guilds do teaching runs. Also tons of video guides up already. Take 5 min to watch 1. Accessibility is much much more generous than other games where you first have to farm a full set of gear from previous wings before attempting the new one.

d) the content is amazing. Dont be negative. Think of it as having something to look forward to

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

I did first boss in wing 3 Tuesday in a pug group, no requerements mentioned in lfg, no LI, no Ascended, no nothing. Just join if you fell like it and lets go. Took us a few attempts, but we got the kill.

Today I killed VG + first boss in wing 3 in a new group where we know min. 3 of the members had never been in raids before, at all.

Yes, it is impossible to get into raids for new people….. or something..

ohh and btw, none of the 2 groups was even “training/teaching” runs, just random people getting toghether with a desire to help/learn and hopefully kill a boss.

Then again, if you join for SAB on a full soldier armor thief and start by jumping to your death and then complain that the rest dont want to jump off the platform to ress your dead body.. then it prob is hard to get into raids. Then again, if I turn up at a world boss and go afk, then how many do you think will help me also get my share of the loot after the boss die? #WorldBossElitism

Edit: lol, back to the topic, YES wing 3 is amazing. The new raid members in my guild love the first boss (easy start on raiding), and us who have raider some more love the other 2 bosses. Ohh and the pre-event to 3’th boss, ty for that one, so good ^^

(edited by Sigfodr.9576)

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

I love wing 3 as well and I’m looking forward to new raids!

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

The raid wing is fun and I like it( fun for now), but its the easiest of the 3, not what I hoped for :/

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Haven’t seen the twisted Castle or Xera but I can comment on the Siege and KC.

Siege ( I don’t need an Army, I just need en good Men ):

Event is like Trio but much more Fun, a good Entry Encounter for the Wing. Just would like to see a range Indicator for Glenna, other than that, Event is completely Fine.

Keep Construct ( Or Keep Fortification Construct just to have KFC ):

Boss Fight itself is really Fun but has some issues:

Fixation Sound is bugged, no one gets a Sound when he is Fixated ( also bugged on Sloth right now ). You should Fix that.

Toughness Tank getting Fixation screws Fixation over. When the Boss is stunned, in the Air or doing his Cone Shaped Attack ( called Pizza in my Raid Group ) the Toughness Tank can be fixated by a Ghost which by itself is not the Problem. It will become a Problem when the Construct aggroes on the Toughness Tank. When the Tank gets the Aggro from the Boss he loses the Fixation and the one who is fixated by another Ghost can also get a Fixation by the other Ghost, which will result in a Merge because the Ghost will now sprint to the new Fixation Tank. It is really messy and should be changed so that Fixation RNG can’t screw up the Groups attempt.

Green Circles vanish before the Effect goes off, is a bit confusing.

Minions attacking the Football Core can mess up with the attempt to get 5 Stacks and Minions, Pets, Clones etc just love to attack the Core. Make it so that Minion attacks don’t push the Ball.

Cone AOE during a Bomb looks too messy with the effects, i think giving the Cone attacks telegraph a different Color and making that Telegraph overlap the others so it can be seen would make thinks a bit less messy.

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Another annoying issue with keep construct is his random leap and disappear for a few seconds. I’ve had several attempts in which we either cc’d him and he jumped up with no circle indication causing us to think that we broke his bar but we didn’t, or we’ve had several times when we were breaking a spirit on top of him but he jumped up for some reason and it did not remove a stack of his buff.

And yes the clones and minions attacking the core also caused a lot of problems.

Got him to 5% last night but there are still a lot of wonky issues that cause this fight to be kind of an rng/luck based clear.

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

by far, the wing that I enjoyed the most with pugs beautifully designed and it isn’t tedious to play as a party. it does not lock in to if 1 fail everyone fail. it is more players friendly. less raging from those who think they are above all others.
Also I have to stress out, I am playing with perma 400-600 ping being oceanic player in EU server. this wing has the least problem for me with such high ping <3

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

yes, I have to add my vote in by far the best wing and that I enjoyed the most with pugs.
Also has the least problem for me that plays with 400-600 perma ave ping.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

(edited by Talindra.4958)

Wing 3 Feedback

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Either the number of these new players who can’t get a raid group is very small, or it isn’t. If their number is very small, well, there’s no way for ANet, or anyone, to ensure that everyone can raid any time they want to. If their number is significant, why can’t they make an effort to find each other? Is it too much to ask that players who want to raid take responsibility for putting a group together?