Wing 4 is too broken for me

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Especially Deimos, wipe at 20% because over 15 tears shows up in the Demon Realm is really frustrating. Also Cairn green circles being invisible and Samarog doing a random reset out of nowhere…

Besides that I think Deimos mechanics are not fun to deal with, it’s just overwhelming, the fact that one guy is doing nothing is wrong to me, and the black goo is another thing to discuss because of how it works.

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Especially Deimos, wipe at 20% because over 15 tears shows up in the Demon Realm is really frustrating.
[…]
Besides that I think Deimos mechanics are not fun to deal with, it’s just overwhelming, the fact that one guy is doing nothing is wrong to me, and the black goo is another thing to discuss because of how it works.

Having 15 tears at 20% is caused by people who litterally ignore them while fighting Saul. Some ppl still think that those tears despawn, but they don’t. They have never despawned.

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Having 15 tears and complaining its the same that stepping on the black goo and complaining that you cant kill deimos because of it.
Your group is ignoring one of the fight mechanic, the deimos tears, you need to pick it up so you dont have 15 tears.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Wow, could be helpful to read a guide if you struggle more than 2 times at a boss and don’t see any chance to kill it.
Btw. wing 4 is by far the easiest of all wings.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Not gonna continue arguing with you guys, as if it was the group fault for having 15 tears spawn at an alarming rate when these were cleared constantly every time we went through the realm and outside…

And even if wing 4 is the easiest wing, why most pugs have trouble with Deimos then?

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Because they’re bad at mechanics.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

And even if wing 4 is the easiest wing, why most pugs have trouble with Deimos then?

Because pugs are bad in general regardless of how easy the particular bosses are relative to one another.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Vinceman.4572

Not gonna continue arguing with you guys, as if it was the group fault for having 15 tears spawn at an alarming rate when these were cleared constantly every time we went through the realm and outside…

If you clear tears constantly you would never ever had more than 2 tears up at the same time unless you have very bad rng and they are spawning in blacks plus kiter hands and that’s more unrealistic as to win the lottery. Every random pug that is experienced with the deimos fight does not struggle any seconds due to tears.

And wing 4 still stays the easiest even if you consider Deimos being a harder one.
Cairn: Don’t get ported – Easy win.
MO: Take a necro for epi and the let the group dps the golem
Samarog: Dunno what to say but he is also no threat – mini of Teq ^^
For Deimos you’ll need a competent tank, a competent hand kiter and maybe a black kiter. The safe strat for pugs is just stand in the middle and range him to death.
Here a very unspectacular regular kill for the LI, it’s the chronos pov but you’ll notice the other players actions a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOOvj1_9N7w&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

The green circles not showing at Cairn is a serious bug and I can’t believe it has been allowed to exist this long.

Same is true for Samarog restarting.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Especially Deimos, wipe at 20% because over 15 tears shows up in the Demon Realm is really frustrating. Also Cairn green circles being invisible and Samarog doing a random reset out of nowhere…

First off, yes wing 4 has some issues here and there especially in regard to how the difficulty of the fights is setup (when the first boss is harder than the 2nd and 3rd some better scaling can be called for).

Unfortunately you are litrerally complaining about mechanics and not bugs.

Tears – not an issue IF people actively pick them up. Yes I know, the general attitude is:“some one else will do that so why should I bother with running over and picking up a tear?” EVERYONE picks up tears, period!

If by doing nothing you are refering to the kiter, he has a way tougher job than all those dps standing in the center. It’s a mechanic, deal with it.

Black goo – get a dedicated kiter. Have people not sleep. Problem solved.

Deimos is not that hard of a fight, it’s just a fight with multiple more or less punishing succeed-or-fail mechanics where the entire raid is required to actively participate and pay attention. The actual mechanics are not that hard, just the fact that even 1 person who is asleep can fail the event for everyone.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Ofc it was the group fault… wake up dude, the encounter is just fine, its you and your group that is failing

Vinceman.4572

Reminds me of the same thing months ago with you, Amineo, when you joined the “exp with xx LI” (in LFG) group for Slothasor, you had 0 clue about the encounter and were kicked by the very helpful and lenient commander because you didn’t react to questions, failed mechanics several times without accepting help etc.

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

to be fair to the op…the tears should be not spawning when there is no one in the “demon realm”, they only keep spawning where players are.
it still can bug out and when u get there again you suddenly get attacked by 15+ tears.

but on the other hand, this bug is rather rare, i do deimos / deimos cm on a daily basis and encountered that bug so far only 3 times or so, and that was when the wing came out and 1 time not too long ago.

this bug has nothing to do with a group or the op being bad.

same with invisible greens at cairn. but also here: this bug is rather rare, if you had it once, its just bad luck.

the only really annoying bug is at samarog…where the guy doesn’t explode and bug out when you cc him while he reached 0%hp and then keeps running arround / exploding on the group. but this is also something, where you have control over.

that samarog just resets…never heard of that.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

to be fair to the op…the tears should be not spawning when there is no one in the “demon realm”, they only keep spawning where players are.
it still can bug out and when u get there again you suddenly get attacked by 15+ tears.

but on the other hand, this bug is rather rare, i do deimos / deimos cm on a daily basis and encountered that bug so far only 3 times or so, and that was when the wing came out and 1 time not too long ago.

same with invisible greens at cairn. but also here: this bug is rather rare, if you had it once, its just bad luck.

the only really annoying bug is at samarog…where the guy doesn’t explode and bug out when you cc him while he reached 0%hp and then keeps running arround / exploding on the group. but this is also something, where you have control over.

True but the OP makes it sound as though these bugs were common occurances when they are very very seldom.

Seldom enough to not stop a raid working on those bosses to complete it.

Thus the assumption can be made that, especially concerning tears at Deimos, the raid team is not properly dealing with a mechanic. Then when to many tears are up a very seldom bug gets blamed.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

15 tears – your group failed the mechanics.
Rest is definitely bugs that are still not fixed for some reason. And no, those two are not as rare as people claim. Cairn one happens actually pretty frequently for me.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

True but the OP makes it sound as though these bugs were common occurances when they are very very seldom.

Seldom enough to not stop a raid working on those bosses to complete it.

Thus the assumption can be made that, especially concerning tears at Deimos, the raid team is not properly dealing with a mechanic. Then when to many tears are up a very seldom bug gets blamed.

I agree and have seen the 15 tears thing happen once or twice when there were previously none but it is as you say very very rare to happen. We also forgot the special action key disappearing on Cairn, that’s the one that frustrated me the most but generally wing 4 is much less buggy than say wing 3.

Also while I won’t deny hand kiting is difficult (especially if your groups damage isn’t top notch) I will point out it is mind numbingly boring when you’re with people learning the fight. It is a role where you have very minimal interaction with the raid group other than being a sort of back up healer when both druids fluff up and get ported. I would not like to see this kind of mechanic return to raids tbh.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

bug about samarog that i wanted to voice: when he is in cc phase, fear doesn’t work on him…

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Not that rare. We had it 3 times last night, and get it at least once every week.

Maybe I should go buy a lotto ticket.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$