Woo Dungeons, Salty salty dungeons...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

I actually had fun playing again yesterday &
I actually had an income from dungeons/fracs yesterday.

I did a raid too. kiiinda hated it after being reminded that 5 player (now 3-4 player) content exists and can be made both fun and profitable again.

I also found myself relearning speedrun stuff I had forgotten. Despite power creep, theres really lots more skill involved doing small group stuff properly vs the raid.

Dont really know what my point was… I was just reminded finally after 6+ months of garbage why Ive kept playing this game. I hope the future fractal additions keep this game mode alive.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It was very nice to actually see people running dungeons again.

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Are any of the dungeon paths soloable?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Are any of the dungeon paths soloable?

Many can be, but it’s important to keep in mind that they weren’t intended to be. There’re some that flat-out can’t be because advancement requires 2 or more players working together.

It takes a lot of trial and error, as well as some general internet research, to work through how to solo some of them. Youtube vids of people soloing can be somewhat informative, if you can stomach the music they’ve put with it. Definitely do some google searches of threads where this topic has been discussed before… there’s a fair number of them.

Also know that you won’t be able to do the ones that can potentially be done solo with just any build you bring… you’ll have to develop at least one build tailored to the path(s) you run… again, likely through trial and error. For example, right now I have 2 builds that I’m switching back and forth at certain parts of AC path 3, and I’m still tweaking both.

At least, that’s all been my experience so far.

~EW

edit: and also make liberal use of the wiki’s walkthroughs. Even though they’re written from a party perspective, much of it can be adapted to solo strategies.

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)