Worst MMO DUNGEONS i ever played.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

First problem : Everybody doing FAST runs/ avoiding boss tactics/mechanics/ jumping throught objects to avoid dungeon path, and avoid trash mobs.
+ Bosses are always pulled out of their ZONE, so their tactics can be easily dodged/bugged/exploited.

Second problem : really easy tactic, just stand and press qwert and again , except some bosses where u must to dodge some AoE damage.

Third problem : lot of paths, and too short – whats the point of having 3 paths in every dungeon when theyre 10m long. i would rather have 3x hard 1 hour dungeons than 6 with lot of 10m paths…
+ Theres always easiest/shortest/ path so you dont need to go another paths.

Solutions ?

- FIX EXPLOITS IN DUNGEONS : Remove that “jump throught” trash mobs/
- DO BETTER TACTICS
- DO LONG/HARD DUNGEON, NOT 6 EASY DUNGEONS WITH 24 SHORT PATHS
- RESTRICT BOSS INTO “FIGHT ZONE” : Every player pulling bosses out of their “fight zones” so their tactics can be avoided/dodged easily.

- I really love living story and all the content, but would like to see some devs shift back into fixing the content that exists. I don’t really even have any interest in a new dungeon until the dungeon experience has significantly improved.

(edited by Safire.9143)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Solution- Upon entering the dungeon every player must wear full celestial/cleric’s/PVT gear mandatory and have 14 traits points dedicated to each line.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

swiftpaw.6397

Well, that escalated quickly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Well, that escalated quickly.

No time to mess around. Shut them up before they can get the kitten train rolling ^_^

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-exploits-are-ruining-dungeon-content
You copied the dude on the " I really love living story and all the content, but…"
Who the kitten does that….

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

- DO BETTER TACTICS

How?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Bismuth.3165

- DO BETTER TACTICS

How?

It’d be nice if the dungeons were something like dark souls, maybe give mobs 50% more damage but 30% less hp, that way they’re actually challenging and not just boring and long.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Well no, because you’d just chain blinds and CC like you do already.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-exploits-are-ruining-dungeon-content
You copied the dude on the " I really love living story and all the content, but…"
Who the kitten does that….

lol
Busted! Try using Turnitin before posting perhaps? :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

runeblade.7514

- DO BETTER TACTICS

How?

It’d be nice if the dungeons were something like dark souls, maybe give mobs 50% more damage but 30% less hp, that way they’re actually challenging and not just boring and long.

It wouldn’t solve anything. Dungeon is not boring because of just high hp. Dungeon is boring because everything is predictable.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Sounds like players should get soulstones and get summon randomly to dungeons to become invader enemies.

Anyways, I too am curious of what OP meant by “better tactics”. Although I am certain he doesn’t mean predictable as one would need to run a certain path a number of times and learn the tells before enemies start becoming predictable. Definitely not for first timers.

Errant Venture.9371

- DO BETTER TACTICS

How?

Several endgame areas in GW1 hardmode had the NPC health cut in half but they were given health regen (along with new abilities and increased damage)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

sigh

/15charrs

Attachments:

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I love the english the OP uses.

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

I agree that the dungeons in this game are trash. I simply have my favorite trash and do it every day since they’re fun. But still trash.

At least WoW had dungeons I loved. But come on, too predictable? Everything is predictable when you’re exp because that’s part of what being exp is.

Zul’Aman bear runs were predictable. They were also fun as hell.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Bismuth.3165

It wouldn’t solve anything. Dungeon is not boring because of just high hp. Dungeon is boring because everything is predictable.

Anything is going to be predictable after the first few times.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I know the feeling. I’ve come from games that had several hour long “dungeons” in them, so when people complain about a 15 minute run, it makes me hate them. But, that is what you get when the community favors grinding over playing the game.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

I know the feeling. I’ve come from games that had several hour long “dungeons” in them, so when people complain about a 15 minute run, it makes me hate them. But, that is what you get when the community favors grinding over playing the game.

Last game I played had 45m~1:30h dungeon runs (well, endgame dungeons), you know what? I hated it, more than anything, all i did was PvP, all day long. Now I can actually enjoy PvE since i’m able to do almost everything in 15~20 minutes tops assuming i don’t have a braindead party.
If you think that anyone is grinding instead of playing because they enjoy faster content then you’re just wrong.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I hope anet stops to giving credits to whoever says dungeon are too easy.
We need class balancing….so those stops.

Why people can negate tactics? because DUE TO PVP certain classes are far over the top.

Try LOS tactics without warriors and guardians…..they will fail most time.
With them you can just throw everything you have and boss dies before being able to do anything.

PvE balancing would fix every dungeon problem…

Also we need some easy dungeons….as anet knows some players never play dungeons….

If you find this game too easy start PUGGING fotms high levels and stop relying on the same old tactic for everything.

Leave other dungeons for their target rather than asking everything like you want.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Errant Venture.9371

I agree that the dungeons in this game are trash. I simply have my favorite trash and do it every day since they’re fun. But still trash.

At least WoW had dungeons I loved. But come on, too predictable? Everything is predictable when you’re exp because that’s part of what being exp is.

Zul’Aman bear runs were predictable. They were also fun as hell.

Young Somalia telling it like it is.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

First problem : Everybody doing FAST runs/ avoiding boss tactics/mechanics/ jumping throught objects to avoid dungeon path, and avoid trash mobs.
+ Bosses are always pulled out of their ZONE, so their tactics can be easily dodged/bugged/exploited.

Second problem : really easy tactic, just stand and press qwert and again , except some bosses where u must to dodge some AoE damage.

Third problem : lot of paths, and too short – whats the point of having 3 paths in every dungeon when theyre 10m long. i would rather have 3x hard 1 hour dungeons than 6 with lot of 10m paths…

First problem: Not really a problem. Some groups like to speed run, others take their time. You can join whoever you like.

Second problem. Yes, a lot of the bosses are just tank and spank but Anet has taken note. The Molten Facility, the Aetherblade Retreat and some fractals have unique designs that actually require you to pay attention and play skillfully.

Third problem: That’s pretty subjective. I love 15 min path runs. Why would I want to be stuck in one place for 1.5h?

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Mega Super Fix to All Dungeons !!!

Play for the Challenge: check my signature

#Superfix #awesome #checkthisout

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

OP, if you want smart, enjoyable dungeons… you come to the wrong game.

This is Dungeon Karts. Choose your weapon (not really, read the forums and do as commanded) and rush to the end. That’s the way dungeons are around here.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Anet dropped the ball on DGs long time ago.

LS zerging open world skilless stuff caters much more ppl thus is much more profitable for them.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

runeblade.7514

Anything is going to be predictable after the first few times.

Of course it is going to be predictable if the game is balanced around patterns. Your suggestion isn’t helping to breaking that pattern.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Im not adding anything to this topic except to say Anet I am done and have been done with pugs in your dungeons for a couple months now. They are so bad I tell my mmo friends how cheesy and unsatisfying they are.

But I also tell them that I greatly enjoy doing them with my family on our four accounts. I will just be doing each path once with them instead if multiple times with pugs. Probably for the best anyways.

One guild/family run > than all the pug runs. Kitten horrible.

Except for story modes which tend to have newer players who have yet to succumb to the cheese.

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

first of all, thanks for the troll thread. regardless, I am genuinely curious about which mmos have the best dungeons? I haven’t played any mmo outside gw2 for more than 100 hours so havent found one that i liked. At 1200 hours here, I played all classes in all dungeons mostly and it was fun.
i don’t get the long dungeon argument, why does a longer dungeon mean a better one? why would i prefer locking my life up at longer periods?
And how’s having the option to skip or fight mobs any bad? create no-skipping groups if you want. Is there an mmo out there where you need to kill trash mobs that actually require tactics like bosses?
We definitely can use more dungeons in the game and they are all easy once figured out. With no gear grinding (ascended pieces aside), I do find it hard to come back to play them over and over again. That doesnt make dungeons bad, it just makes them too few.

mosspit.8936

Apparently for dungeons to be good, you have to live in them.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Some MMOs actually have achievements and better rewards for speed clearance, really fast speed clearance. They were quite fun actually. I bet the OP thinks those must be even worse than the worst MMO dungeons he’s ever played.

runeblade.7514

I live in dungeons, and they are just boring.

mosspit.8936

Apparently good dungeons have to be boring.

runeblade.7514

Even bad dungeons are boring.

mosspit.8936

Even bad dungeons are boring.

But OP is not looking for bad dungeons where you live in them.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

NO

swiftpaw.6397

NO

But, but.. that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be stuck in the same place for hours on end doing the same thing, wiping every so often and picking myself back up and slowly chipping away at hitpoint boxes.

Hang on a second.. I can do that right now. *goes to gw2lfg *

‘GLFM Hotw P2- Need 4 cleric’s and pvt geared players to go, bear/bow rangers and autoattack staff necros welcome!’

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

NO

But, but.. that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be stuck in the same place for hours on end doing the same thing, wiping every so often and picking myself back up and slowly chipping away at hitpoint boxes.

Hang on a second.. I can do that right now. *goes to gw2lfg *

‘GLFM Hotw P2- Need 4 cleric’s and pvt geared players to go, bear/bow rangers and autoattack staff necros welcome!’

NO SKIPPING THE OAKHEARTS!!

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

While I hate exploits and strongly encourage anyone to not use exploits, there’s a difference to be made between exploiting (going out of bounds to skip a large portion) and skipping through a group of monsters while still using the intended route.

Take Arah path 2 for example, if you use that out of bound glitch when you climb on the boat, you’re obviously exploiting, you’ve never been intended to be here, and you skip a large portion (in a manner that is unintended)

But if your group manges to skip past all the enemies by using the intended route then it’s not exploitive, because you’ve simply managed to make your way past them while still going the normal way.

By the way, if you don’t like exploits, just do what I do – create groups through LFGtool and make sure to have “no exploits” in the title next to the path you’re taking.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Do a dungeon with a bunch of roleplayers.
You’ll be surprised how hard it is to skip mobs when you are forced to walk and have to do mandatory rests every now and then.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss