Worst experience Ive had in a long long time

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Anon.3041

Anon.3041

I desided to do some story mode dungeons and all I can say… bad.

Story mode in 5 mans is bad idea. Make it single player.
Design of the entire concept of the dungeons and battles are just bad. There is no way you can even see what is going on cause every class is casting every particle effect seen in the world – no1 sees who is getting dmg – and then you get 1 shotted.

I was going into this with very open mind – but I ended up so dissapointed that I think I will not be playing GW2 any time soon again.

How on earth did they think this was fun ?

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

Let me guess,you coudn’t beat the first mob pack in AC with your pro glass canon build and now you are raging on the forums?

Anon.3041

Let me guess,you coudn’t beat the first mob pack in AC with your pro glass canon build and now you are raging on the forums?

Actually I played 3 dungeons – I play guardian with Vitaly and Toughness build so dont know what you are talking about.

Its just so bad and so pointless. One of the worst design I have ever seen in a game.

Posted by: LastDarkness.7390

LastDarkness.7390

Actually I played 3 dungeons – I play guardian with Vitaly and Toughness build so dont know what you are talking about.

Its just so bad and so pointless. One of the worst design I have ever seen in a game.

Tanky builds are worse then the glass cannon builds. I see too many people complain when they try to play the content like other standard mmos.

You need to split the differance between damage and survivability, switch out your skills or weapons as needed and work well as a team. The Dungeons are based off player skill challenges, not level or gear like other mmos.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

Tanky builds are worse then the glass cannon builds. I see too many people complain when they try to play the content like other standard mmos.

You need to split the differance between damage and survivability, switch out your skills or weapons as needed and work well as a team. The Dungeons are based off player skill challenges, not level or gear like other mmos.

Tanky builds are different from tank builds, fyi.

Glass cannon – 3/3 parts offensive stats
Tank – 3/3 parts defensive stats
Tanky – 1/3 parts offensive/defensive stats, 2/3 parts defensive/offensive stats

Tank-y =/= tank, just like elementalists and guardians being healer-esque =/= them being healers.

Posted by: Urrelles.4018

Urrelles.4018

I do expect that when someone stacks a vitality /toughness build that they actually take more than 4 hits from a mob when they get aggro. Not in this game. In PvP a tanky character is pretty hard to kill and has lots of time to buff his team and negate damage. In a dungeon a tank will just mildly help his team with buffs and not contribute in damage and just die instantly when he draws mob aggro. Something is not right with that.

I’m sure there should be difference between PvE and PvP. But a person’s spec shouldn’t be completely negated in one game and pro-like in another.

Posted by: Tharjax.9068

Tharjax.9068

I desided to do some story mode dungeons and all I can say… bad.

Story mode in 5 mans is bad idea. Make it single player.
Design of the entire concept of the dungeons and battles are just bad. There is no way you can even see what is going on cause every class is casting every particle effect seen in the world – no1 sees who is getting dmg – and then you get 1 shotted.

I was going into this with very open mind – but I ended up so dissapointed that I think I will not be playing GW2 any time soon again.

How on earth did they think this was fun ?

As to why you started this thread is beyond me, but I had an awesome time in AC, and the group I had was very successful.

Misery loves company.

Anon.3041

I have to agree with Urrelles – Vitality and touchness in Dungeon is pointless and it devalues the game in general cause of it.

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

If I recall they had said they planned to make every build viable. If thats the case, and it is… Why not just come through on the promise?

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

If I recall they had said they planned to make every build viable. If thats the case, and it is… Why not just come through on the promise?

Because you already bought the game.

Posted by: Alusian Fareluil.9254

Alusian Fareluil.9254

I have an amazing time in dungeons, and I never have the problem’s you experience (particle effects blocking and instant one shots). I feel bad constantly throwing out “you’re bad” or “your group is bad” but I personally haven’t had a bad time in a dungeon yet.

Anon.3041

There is only 1 way to make every build viable – and that is to make it kitten easy.

Im not asking for that – Im asking for it to be structured in a way that ppl have some way to tell wtf is going on and how they can jump into dungeons with random players without taking days to fine tune everyone builds for it to work.

The reason why many MMOs have structured spec is so that ppl can play together with random players.

But one way of giving ppl time to adjust is to make the story mode dungeons very obvious in boss abiltes – more liniancy in terms of downgrading stats – and then maybe let all cc abilites work. Its a joke to play a dungeon when you can’t use 1 or 5 weapon abilites effectively.

(edited by Anon.3041)

Posted by: Raidin.8205

Raidin.8205

Bottom line:

A) Ease players into dungeons, or set differing difficulty levels for the entire spectrum of player types, ensuring everyone gets something out of dungeons and has a good solid experience.

Or

B) Very difficult dungeons. No learning curve to speak of, no difficulty setting. The risk of alienating casual/softcore players, and giving many in the player base a terrible first impression of the dungeon system on a new game.

That’s how I see it, anyway.

Posted by: Delphi.7402

Delphi.7402

They said that they would make every class viable, not every build.

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Lots of replies saying you have a bad build and you don’t know what you’re doing. They have no idea what happened. I do not believe explorables are for PUGs. Or rather, if one PUGs explorables, one should expect various degrees of success. Perhaps over time when a lot of people have a lot of dungeon experience, the rate of success will increase. I’d rather it take a long time for me and my friends to get good enough, than for AN to decrease the difficulty and make me get bored sooner.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It could work. They would need different tiered tokens for the different difficulty, so that the higher prestige skins come from the harder mode.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime