Worst fractal?

Worst fractal?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I think the endboss of the underwater fractal needs to be revamped. It is a very boring and uninspired fight at the moment. The electricity fields get ignored by almost every group.

I would agree that the boss sucks, but given that support for underwater combat has pretty much vanished (not a complaint, just a fact) I would put this very low on the list of priorities for fractal updates. And to be fair, the rest of that fractal is actually decent, so I don’t mind that the boss is boring and easy…otherwise I might actually have to make underwater gear lol.

Dredge isn’t so bad now, since dredge lost their blind immunity.

They did? I don’t remember being able to blind them last time I did it. Maybe I am mistaken but will check next time it is a daily.

Anyway: I dislike Uncat and Cliffside, but love Aquatic, Nightmare and new Swamp. The rest are great too.

Aye it was with the A crack in the ice patch.
-Underground Facility
The dredge in the Underground Facility have opened their eyes and can now be blinded.

it is sad tho that still under their hp bar it says “cannot be blinded”

I actually really liked that they couldn’t be blinded, I wish that would come back. So many times I came in on engineer and launched a mortar 4 or something and see “immune” and think “oh kitten they’re moles, I’m stupid”, and even though it was annoying I though it was good flavor.

if youjust want someone to call you stupid dont worry im here for you (jk)

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I still wish we would have the Abaddon fractal... I’d love to see more human-gods into GW2, specially the fallen god, Abaddon.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I still wish we would have the Abaddon fractal… I’d love to see more human-gods into GW2, specially the fallen god, Abaddon.

Will never not be salted about that. I’ll never understand how people could vote for a stupid Reactor Fractal over something like literal Abaddon.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

I still wish we would have the Abaddon fractal… I’d love to see more human-gods into GW2, specially the fallen god, Abaddon.

Will never not be salted about that. I’ll never understand how people could vote for a stupid Reactor Fractal over something like literal Abaddon.

Well Anet would have shoehorned Scarlet in this fractal since the devs loved to include Scarlet in kittening everything.

Also the fall of Abbadon was a really epic moment in GW2 and back then Anet wasn’t really capable to do an epic moment justice especially not in a freaking fractal. In short it was very likely that the Abbadon fractal would have lead to massive disappointment.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Last night i was reminded of another Hell in fractals:
Artherblade path cannon stage. I have signet of endursnce, yet i dont have enough dodges to deal with the exploding corpses, exploding allies and exploding cannonrain.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Artherblade path cannon stage. I have signet of endursnce, yet i dont have enough dodges to deal with the exploding corpses, exploding allies and exploding cannonrain.

Have you tried using the fractal potions, notably the mobility potion? That extra endurance refill rate would be extremely helpful in getting more dodges.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Have you tried using the fractal potions, notably the mobility potion? That extra endurance refill rate would be extremely helpful in getting more dodges.

It hurts my soul when I see people doing T4s without potions, especially when they end up downing so often.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Worst fractal?

OriOri.8724

It hurts my soul when I see people doing T4s without potions, especially when they end up downing so often.

Yea in T4 I really don’t see an excuse to not be using at least 1 potion each run. In T1 and T2 though I think they are still a waste of relics if you don’t have the permanent versions

Worst fractal?

Amaimon.7823

Yes, i use potions occassionally, not the large versions in t3 though. Yikes.. 8000 tokens for the infinite. Then I cant buy regular mist potions along the way.. even gift of ascension is only 500 tokens

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Worst fractal?

OriOri.8724

Yes, i use potions occassionally, not the large versions in t3 though. Yikes.. 8000 tokens for the infinite. Then I cant buy regular mist potions along the way.. even gift of ascension is only 500 tokens

Well only the Offensive potion is 8,000 relics, both the Defensive and Mobility potion are 5,000 relics each. And if you are having trouble staying alive, then 1 of those will be much more helpful than the Offensive potion would be

There are 15 daily fractals each day assuming you can run T4 fractals already. This means you can earn 15 Pristine relics each day, which can be converted directly into 225 fractal relics each day. Not counting the regular relics you get from doing dailies/any other fractal you might complete, you would need to do your dailies for only 23 days before being able to afford an infinite Defensive or Mobility potion. Its really not that bad.

And if we count the regular relics you would get from running fractals:

• You would get 64-76 relics from doing the T4 dailies
  • You would get 30+ relics from doing the daily recommended fractals if you did all 3

At most, you would need 5,000 / (225 + 64 + 30) = 16 days to get a Defensive or Mobility potion. So in just over a month of doing all fractal dailies each day, and spending no relics on fractal potions mind you, you would have enough for both the Defensive and the Mobility potions

Worst fractal?

Amaimon.7823

Well only the Offensive potion is 8,000 relics, both the Defensive and Mobility potion are 5,000 relics each. And if you are having trouble staying alive, then 1 of those will be much more helpful than the Offensive potion would be

There are 15 daily fractals each day assuming you can run T4 fractals already. This means you can earn 15 Pristine relics each day, which can be converted directly into 225 fractal relics each day. Not counting the regular relics you get from doing dailies/any other fractal you might complete, you would need to do your dailies for only 23 days before being able to afford an infinite Defensive or Mobility potion. Its really not that bad.

And if we count the regular relics you would get from running fractals:

• You would get 64-76 relics from doing the T4 dailies
  • You would get 30+ relics from doing the daily recommended fractals if you did all 3

At most, you would need 5,000 / (225 + 64 + 30) = 16 days to get a Defensive or Mobility potion. So in just over a month of doing all fractal dailies each day, and spending no relics on fractal potions mind you, you would have enough for both the Defensive and the Mobility potions

Good tip. Kudos, mate

Worst fractal?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The one thing I don’t like in fractals is Afflicted. I’d rather have last laugh and toxic trails together than deal with afflicted.

Solid Ocean has great scenery…but it really is boring and needs help.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

If you have any characters with Simple Infusions leftover you can convert them into Fractal Relics as well. A +7 Simple Infusion is 150 Relics, which is more valuable than the amount of gold you need to spend to replace it with a +7 Agony Infusion.

Worst fractal?

Lahmia.2193

If you have any characters with Simple Infusions leftover you can convert them into Fractal Relics as well. A +7 Simple Infusion is 150 Relics, which is more valuable than the amount of gold you need to spend to replace it with a +7 Agony Infusion.

A very good idea indeed. I thought I’d have to grind for a long while before I got my infinite potions until I remembered how many alts had the old +7s. After trading them in, I even had relics to spare.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I think the endboss of the underwater fractal needs to be revamped. It is a very boring and uninspired fight at the moment. The electricity fields get ignored by almost every group.

I would like to second this, though I recently found out why it’s totally legit to ignore the electricity fields- they are horribly inconsistent. After we moved to a new apartment, my wife and I can sit next to each other while playing and guess what? A cage that is under electricity for one, is not for the other. We could swim like a tandem to a specific cage and it was lit for one of us and not for the other. So given that is most likely to happen to each and everyone, I totally understand now why people just ignore them and kill the boss straight away.
Oh, and also a [x] to all those anoying timegates that are left (I would also consider the attack phase at bloomhunger here, since it adds 0 to difficulty, just artificially increases the time spent in there).

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Worst fractal?

Lahmia.2193

I would like to second this, though I recently found out why it’s totally legit to ignore the electricity fields- they are horribly inconsistent. After we moved to a new apartment, my wife and I can sit next to each other while playing and guess what? A cage that is under electricity for one, is not for the other. We could swim like a tandem to a specific cage and it was lit for one of us and not for the other. So given that is most likely to happen to each and everyone, I totally understand now why people just ignore them and kill the boss straight away.
Oh, and also a [x] to all those anoying timegates that are left (I would also consider the attack phase at bloomhunger here, since it adds 0 to difficulty, just artificially increases the time spent in there).

The time gate was fine when you had a set time limit to survive the hordes. I’m not a fan of the kill x number of foes to get to next phase.

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

Tbh I don’t care for the new direction fractals have taken. I didn’t want mini raids in terms of difficulty, so I just stopped doing them for the most part after the instability changes.

Definitely not a fan of the new swamp (it is tedious), and I haven’t even tried nightmare, because given what people have praised it for so far, I probably will not care for it. Chaos I liked okay though.

The reward costs seem far too high for me to really bother with them on a day to day basis anymore. Time wise or drop rate wise.

Worst fractal?

Amaimon.7823

New worst fractal: Tier 4 Pugged

I entered one as a warrior, before the loading screen even got through, I got a loading screen back to LA. and in the chat I had wisps why I had signets on and how I was a noob.. they never ever gave me the chance to change my skills.. They didn’t even bother to realize that because I was able to use LFG to join a T4 party.. must mean I have access to T4 fractals..

(it’s not a boohoo or an isolated case, this stuff happens like once a week, guaranteed)

Worst fractal?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Technically never had that happen to me even when in running dolyak signet or something, I mean I feel like it’s a minor breach of another’s personal space if they are individually checking what utilities u are running or something. I rarely get this sort of treatment from pugs where they will remark something out of the blue or chasten u purely dictated on what build/food/utilities ur running. I’m more used to it happening in raids tho, but I won’t get kicked over something so childish. More like it’s start of an encounter, and someone will reproof me saying that i have wrong utilities slotted (why am i running heal signet? why elite signet of rage?) then I calmly have to remind them that I’ve just joined and have yet to change my build, since I might’ve been running an open world build for that extra fury and swiftness it gives. Like I said pugs rarely tell me how to play even when I still run stuff like Endure pain when unsure of team comp or something. So idk

I’ve been kicked for similarly petty reasons in t4s tho, so I can relate. Like I joined for dailies one time and I enter instance, as soon as I enter I’m kicked bc ‘theyve heard abt me complain in raid subforums’. Really? If you are using allegiant behavior and conformity as a baseline litmus test for ur pug groups, then I’m just shaking my head at you. Especially with t4 pugs.. where 9.9/10 times u can get by without saying a single word in chat, long as u understand the mechanics. I don’t get it cos this same hypercritical attitude likewise spills over to other content like raid pugs. Ono insta-kick cos I’m so reliant on gossip to determine someone’s worth from that.. like wow get over yourself. Only thing this cynical attitude does is spread ur cynicism to the hapless victim who has been exposed to it. So yeah let’s keep this up we can contribute to making this community more positive and friendly place a little bit at a time by doing so.. yay

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Worst fractal?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

New worst fractal: Tier 4 Pugged

I entered one as a warrior, before the loading screen even got through, I got a loading screen back to LA. and in the chat I had wisps why I had signets on and how I was a noob.. they never ever gave me the chance to change my skills.. They didn’t even bother to realize that because I was able to use LFG to join a T4 party.. must mean I have access to T4 fractals..

(it’s not a boohoo or an isolated case, this stuff happens like once a week, guaranteed)

Haven’t had any issues for a while now.

Tbh I don’t care for the new direction fractals have taken. I didn’t want mini raids in terms of difficulty, so I just stopped doing them for the most part after the instability changes.

Definitely not a fan of the new swamp (it is tedious), and I haven’t even tried nightmare, because given what people have praised it for so far, I probably will not care for it. Chaos I liked okay though.

The reward costs seem far too high for me to really bother with them on a day to day basis anymore. Time wise or drop rate wise.

And half a year later you will realize that you have denied yourself from fun content and that it’s only a matter of knowledge, not even skill.
T4s are not hard, sometimes you just need to swap one ability or maybe use defensive buff food and all the struggle disappear.
Get out of your comfort zone and make it happen!

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.