X/P thieves and icebow

X/P thieves and icebow

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Well since icebow isnt getting nerfed and breakbars isnt coming out for a long time. Please stop headshot spamming your dps is worse than bearbows. AH nomads bunker guardian might also be a good alternative if you like headshot spamming all day :-)

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Not to mention that some classes have their hardest hitting attacks and dps rotations coupled with CC.

Rangers be like: “Don’t mind me I’ll just autoattack here instead of using path of scars.”

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

any good x/p thief will reserve their headshots for dimishing stacks of defiant, not actually interrupting. nothing else in the game is as fast for clearing defiant stacks, but the interrupt itself is very lackluster. teach your speedclearing thieves how to play and you can open up your icebow freeze every time.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

any good x/p thief will reserve their headshots for dimishing stacks of defiant, not actually interrupting. nothing else in the game is as fast for clearing defiant stacks, but the interrupt itself is very lackluster. teach your speedclearing thieves how to play and you can open up your icebow freeze every time.

That wasn’t really the point of the OP, but oke.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

As a thief.. Pistol whip is a good way to remove defiance.

X/P thieves and icebow

EcoRI.9273

Here is the problem that I usually see when I play with other thieves:
1: They spam headshot when there will be no more ice bows left.
2: They come into fights with x/p sb. when x/p d/d would be better.
3: The group intentionally delay the use of the icebow in a way that really hinders the overall DPS of the group. You want to use your highest burst when there is 25stacks of vuln(as in during lightning storms). 4 freezes for mossman is slow, l2p and stop using the freeze as a crutch, playing berserker is about killing things faster, when a 5man team with a Nomads AH Guardian can get similar kill times, it means the playstyle is not optimal.
4: Headshot spamming game causes the thieves to range the boss for the entire fight without them realizing.

TL:DR alot of berserker thieves are slowing their DPS down so much where they might as well play nomads AH guardian to get the same party effect.

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I see a lot of hyperbole. Just LFG for no thieves in your group.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

X/P thieves and icebow

EcoRI.9273

I’ve been in groups where thieves are from dungeon guilds and are headshotting the first alpha in coe for a second freeze. Somehow a big majority of thieves in this game think they are CC bots for every boss.

X/P thieves and icebow

Iris Ng.9845

I’ve been in groups where thieves are from dungeon guilds and are headshotting the first alpha in coe for a second freeze.

Tell them, instead of venting frustration on the forum? Chances are, those group aren’t experienced enough to pull a perfect 8 sec kill so they aim for a painless and smooth kill? The way you word it, it’s like “ele stop doing deep freeze if you don’t trait for Tempest Defense, you are crippling your dps…”

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

X/P thieves and icebow

EcoRI.9273

Nope I was running with a group of friends, who all know how to speed run and they invited a few thief friends of theirs from other guilds. Also if I remember right when I ran with you, you did d/p on abom

X/P thieves and icebow

Iris Ng.9845

Yup, because Ru’s deal is to use deep freeze to interrupt Abom. And I only have sigil of Impact on my pistol. I embrace my PHIW.

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I miss the point here. so you are saying just go d/d and ignore defiance ?

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I miss the point here. so you are saying just go d/d and ignore defiance ?

No, just don’t waste all your personal DPS constantly defiance stripping, allow other classes to do it within their dps (e.g tremor). But using d/d d/p is still good for maybe taking one last stack if an icebow is ready or for double freezing/taking stacks quickly. However there is not many bosses where multiple freezes is really necessary, the only boss I think constantly shaving stacks over dps is worth it is Mai Trin or possibly Abom, maybe double freezing Mossman but the point the op is trying to make is don’t be that one kitten thief who uses pistol offhand more than dagger offhand to take stacks 24/7 as thief’s personal dps is very important.

X/P thieves and icebow

EcoRI.9273

So in the current meta of PS war, double staff ele, guardian, thief, there isn’t alot of defiance stripping capabilities. Tremor, thieves guild, gust, 2headshots can allow for a quick second freeze that will still fall within lightning storm. Past that, eles will camp fire, and warrior GS. Which means if you are a thief going for a third freeze, you are doing no damage as you have to remove 5stacks by yourself. This is not optimal that’s all. Also for bosses that can die quick, or dont move alot you ignore defiance stripping.

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Well, it’s true in an optimal group that can coordinate cc and has a good dps. and I feel myself not doing kitten damage when concentrating to rip off all defiants.

But in a pug group, multiple freezes will happen more frequently since the fight lasts longer. and it’s easier to coordinate by letting the thief to rip all defiants.

Like ecori said, warrior will probably camp GS or ele camp fire after opening burst or guardian wanna hold their binding blade, so not many CC there.

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Not to mention that some classes have their hardest hitting attacks and dps rotations coupled with CC.

Rangers be like: “Don’t mind me I’ll just autoattack here instead of using path of scars.”

That’s only a dps up if your target is not against a wall. So that’s really not a good example. In fact CC are generally not used in rotations, as far as I’m aware of.

The Sickest Guild NA

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Nope I was running with a group of friends, who all know how to speed run and they invited a few thief friends of theirs from other guilds. Also if I remember right when I ran with you, you did d/p on abom

Personally sometimes I like running thief for the stealth and such, some fun gameplay outside defiant stripping. That role, well I’m not a huge fan. However I always felt expected. If someone told me “don’t worry about it on XXXX” well, I’d be quite relieved.

Just saying, not everyone is opposed to being given tips or being told how a group runs.

But, I also default to D/P on Abom, it’s how I solo him, it’s how I PUG him, so it’s just what I’m used to, I’d have no problem not if someone told me not to worry about it

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

That’s only a dps up if your target is not against a wall. So that’s really not a good example. In fact CC are generally not used in rotations, as far as I’m aware of.

Path of scars bounces off objects, blade trail(warrior GS) is a dps increase only off wall because it stops at objects.

Also ranger longbow rotation includes the knockback shot if you aren’t at 1000+ range (pure longbow I should say, like random rangers in SW)

X/P thieves and icebow

EcoRI.9273

yeah pug runs, just yolo. But seeing it being done in an organized group is akin to running a super sub optimal build for the sake of surviving.

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Ugh, i thought we have overcome the point where we are stacking in walls a long time ago.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

X/P thieves and icebow

Taku.6352

Ugh, i thought we have overcome the point where we are stacking in walls a long time ago.

Pugs. Pugs never change.

Also PBS is a dps increase when you are on your lonbow as it’s virtually 0 cast time and after cast and does the same dmg as medium range auto. So if target already has defiant feel free to use it before going back to s/a.

X/P thieves and icebow

Embrace The Bold.7619

Pugs. Pugs never change.

Also PBS is a dps increase when you are on your lonbow as it’s virtually 0 cast time and after cast and does the same dmg as medium range auto. So if target already has defiant feel free to use it before going back to s/a.

Yes this is true but in my experience if you can afford to use skills with CCs you’re already playing in coordinated groups. Where as OP seems to be complaining about pugs, which are far worse. Also I’m aware PBS is a dps up but since I always start a fight in LB I rarely get a boss with defiance on it. In response to OP or anyone else with this problem join or find a dungeon running group you can talk to via a voip it will make your life more enjoyable.

The Sickest Guild NA

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I’m pretty sure Path of Scars hits twice even if the target is against the wall unless it was recently nerfed. I test this myself not long ago.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

X/P thieves and icebow

Taku.6352

Against a wall PoS hits twice under normal circumstances and can hit 3 times if it bugs out. Singular hit can happen if the mob is under a ledge so the axe can’t return normally.

X/P thieves and icebow

Embrace The Bold.7619

I’m pretty sure Path of Scars hits twice even if the target is against the wall unless it was recently nerfed. I test this myself not long ago.

In my experience it rarely hits twice, even if target is not against a wall. Though I haven’t played my ranger in pve for months now so anet might of fixed something.

The Sickest Guild NA

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Personally sometimes I like running thief for the stealth and such, some fun gameplay outside defiant stripping. That role, well I’m not a huge fan. However I always felt expected. If someone told me “don’t worry about it on XXXX” well, I’d be quite relieved.

Just saying, not everyone is opposed to being given tips or being told how a group runs.

But, I also default to D/P on Abom, it’s how I solo him, it’s how I PUG him, so it’s just what I’m used to, I’d have no problem not if someone told me not to worry about it

I would run d/d and d/p for Abom if your group freezes right away and doesn’t use it to interrupt. You can knock off the defiance quickly and then swap back to d/d.

[DnT] Thief Main

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

with the new traits and buff to basilisk venom, offhand pistol isnt needed for double freeze as long as your party can take a total of 1! stack

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

with the new traits and buff to basilisk venom, offhand pistol isnt needed for double freeze as long as your party can take a total of 1! stack

That sounds too hard. Playing how I want thx.

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Krwiopijca.8604

Krwiopijca.8604

this new patch ssack so hard i play randomly and today i go doing dungeon whit random people and what i see “dangeon farm is broken” people daing ,dps is low . New builds ssacks i like old way i dont like bad chnges. This patch is bad very bad i dont like it . I create newe builds i my necro and guard its very close like old builds bat i feel … when i playng … i feel like a schit … repair this patch , i want to go dungeon i want doi`t fast and smothly i dont want stay 2h in ac i want by ther 36 minut do you anderstedn people of arena net … do not waste my time you f noobs:)

(edited by Krwiopijca.8604)

X/P thieves and icebow

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

this new patch ssack so hard i play randomly and today i go doing dungeon whit random people and what i see “dangeon farm is broken” people daing ,dps is low . New builds ssacks i like old way i dont like bad chnges. This patch is bad very bad i dont like it . I create newe builds i my necro and guard its very close like old builds bat i feel … when i playng … i feel like a schit … repair this patch , i want to go dungeon i want doi`t fast and smothly i dont want stay 2h in ac i want by ther 36 minut do you anderstedn people of arena net … do not waste my time you f noobs:)

Yes, the apples are fresh today.