Yo Anet Fix The avengers.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Im refering to the t4 mechanic you know the one that npc will spawn to stomp you right after you get downed. For the longest time they just spaw look at you get all shy and despawn.

When they used to do their thing it was nice you have 1 mlre thing to pay attention to “cc them or ress fast enough”.

Even the downed person had a way to deal with them (well, except mesmers coz rng some times).

So yeah if thats a bug fix it, if that was on purpose then again fix it…

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, these have been bugged for a while and they should really fix them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

One of the devs said that they are working on a fix. I don’t remember if it was here in the forums or on Reddit though. Apparently, they intended the Avengers to be less lethal, not non-lethal.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

zealex.9410

They were as lethal as critters in soldi ocean. If someone could not cc them or use a downed skill to deal with them then thats their issue to fix. Its a simple mechanic with simple counterplay that just added more flavour in t4 fractals.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s probably due to the change to make them focus the right player, in the event multiple people go down near each other.

Whether it gets fixed or not is eh… It wont change much since pretty much every fractal has a way to get OOC and res them.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

imo they should just get removed, it’s not like they are meaningful to the gameplay

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I agree with Sublimatio, the avengers were a pointless mechanic anyway. There were just three ways to die to an avenger:

1. be a mesmer
2. be asleep
3. get stomped by someone else’s avenger

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I agree with Sublimatio, the avengers were a pointless mechanic anyway. There were just three ways to die to an avenger:

1. be a mesmer
2. be asleep

To extend on this, maybe just maybe its time for t5 which has raid mechanics of always in combat and death is meaningful.

Alternatively have t5 be entirely random but have levels progression reset weekly and rewards be based on numbers completed or how far you get consecutively.

Sublimatio.6981

T5 would be fun with rolling a random fractal, perma combat, no ressing, no /gg, extra instabilities and better rewards. But it still wouldn’t be as hard as it should be.
T5 fractals should be modified like:
- not able to use the fan at Old Tom, last golems are champions
- urban should have the barricades made in a way that makes you run all the paths possible, boss should summon ballistas and arrow carts
- volcanic should be filled with the rolling boulders constantly threatening the areas.

things like that

zealex.9410

T5 would be fun with rolling a random fractal, perma combat, no ressing, no /gg, extra instabilities and better rewards. But it still wouldn’t be as hard as it should be.
T5 fractals should be modified like:
- not able to use the fan at Old Tom, last golems are champions
- urban should have the barricades made in a way that makes you run all the paths possible, boss should summon ballistas and arrow carts
- volcanic should be filled with the rolling boulders constantly threatening the areas.

things like that

Some good ideas maybe 100 cm with some bufs can be the t5 fractal equivilent. I liked some of the ideas for the rest of the fractals except of old tom. Old tom can be done like that even now.

Sublimatio.6981

i know he can, thats why i want people to stop doing the fan altogether ;p

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

See, what had happened was, I made a change to improve the avenger AI so they wouldn’t stomp the wrong people or screw over mesmers, and it was working great! But some merge conflict or someone (maybe me) fat fingering a delete key caused a bug that made the AI always think no players were in range. The fix is going out with the next patch. My bad.

(edited by Benjamin Arnold.3457)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

See, what had happened was, I made a change to improve the avenger AI so they wouldn’t stomp the wrong people or screw over leaders, and it was working great! But some merge conflict or someone (maybe me) fat fingering a delete key caused a bug that made the AI always think no players were in range. The fix is going out with the next patch. My bad.

It’s probably too late to change it so that it prioritizes people representing the ANet employee guild (but only if they have caused a bug by fat-fingering a delete key).

Oh well, fixing it so it tries to stomp just one player character works, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

1. be a mesmer
2. be asleep

uhm….

How would being a mesmer make you die vs the avenger?

I thought on mesmer it is even easier to survive first stomp than on
Warrior, Necro, Engi, Ranger, Guardian or Revenant
Because all their interrupts can be blinded if unlucky (apart from the new signet)

But Mesmer has a safe 100% stomp prevention though (+ the signet on top)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)