Your Life now matters

Your Life now matters

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Phoenix.1784

Phoenix.1784

I want to say that i am very happy to see this direction on dungeons taken. After reading a few opinions and knowing the dungeon content i do, it’s pretty understandable why so many people are also scared of these changes.

Res-Rushing was a feature that had to be used, dead people are a burden to res in comparison to the convienience of having them run back, especially if the attempt on taking that long to res someone will kill you. In some cases it’s dangerous enough to help someone who is downed even.

However with it’s removal, people will really have to play at their best and really work together to make sure everyone is ok. I like this change because it really will change the feel of fights. Everyone must live, every person who goes down will matter and the feel of someone who dies just quickely running back really destroys the awesome feel of a fight because it makes death only a matter of a easily payed repair bill. As I stated in the title, it really means your life now matters, not just for your repair bill, but for your team.

It’s obvious some fights are badly tuned for a mechanic like this though and it scares people, but in all honesty I believe that in time these things can be adjusted appropriately and that it will really bring alot to the game and make the experience much more great. To live through boss battles makes you feel good anyway, to die and have to run back is tedious at best but really makes death a mere annoyance.

TLDR: This looks like it’s going to make dungeons epic and death will now mean more than a repair bill.

Your Life now matters

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I agree, I think people need to realize that even though things will be quite a bit harder and more unstable at first, it’s something that will end up being good after some time of polishing.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

Your Life now matters

Posted by: Phoenix.1784

Phoenix.1784

The one part i dislike is how it applies to trash as well, i feel it’s really unnecessary

Your Life now matters

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

If you are already performing well and not dying before the patch, this feature will not make much of a difference.

Makes me wonder about those that turn up dead during boss encounters though. If I am still fighting bosses, rezzing the dead (not downed) will take a long time and I might not be that motivated to do so. Especially if it might make me more vulnerable to attacks, since I cant be mobile during that time.

(edited by mosspit.8936)

Your Life now matters

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

TLDR: This looks like it’s going to make dungeons epic and death will now mean more than a repair bill.

LFG Ele / Guardian / Warrior / Mesmer full exotics level 80 only.

It’s happening already. Epic indeed!

lol

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

Your Life now matters

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The one part i dislike is how it applies to trash as well, i feel it’s really unnecessary

If members in your party are dying (not just getting downed) to trash, you have some serious problems.

Your Life now matters

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

Ha! Even better: 25+ AR required for regular dungeons like AC. Not that there was any Agony … but the amount and level of Ascended gear as an indicator for a player’s abilities can be helpful ;-o

Your Life now matters

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

If members in your party are dying (not just getting downed) to trash, you have some serious problems.

Depends what you mean by trash. Some silver mobs hit hard as truck.

Your Life now matters

Posted by: helosie.4781

helosie.4781

I agree with the OP, there’s been too much QQing about losing the ability to corpse run things. There are still people out there who don’t even use the “V” key and think because they have 3k toughness, they can take it.

Iron-Bound [IB]
Gate of Madness

Your Life now matters

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

LFG Ele / Guardian / Warrior / Mesmer full exotics level 80 only.

It’s happening already. Epic indeed!

lol

I agree with the OP and to this i have to say maybe now we can get some class balancing in PVE. It’s going to stink for a bit with people only wanting those 4 classes but big picture wise, i think it’s a step in the right direction.