Your opinions on dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Biglab.1732

Biglab.1732

i’m a level 54 warrior and i didn’t mind CM in story i actually liked it but so far AC and TA were absolutely terrible experiences for me. and i just did CM exploration it was the worst dungeon i have ever been through i think like ever it was such a pain. i dont know if i want to do exploration mode in other dungeons they seem so bad to me. whats your opinion on the dungeons do they get better because i really did actually like CM story that’s about it

Posted by: DownyTif.2140

DownyTif.2140

For me :

Story:
- Loved AC;
- Hated CM;
- 50-50 on TA;
- Loved SE;

Exploration :
- Love AC;
- HATE CM;
- Hate TA;

For my part, AC is the best. I love the atmosphere of it. I hated CM (too many traps and narrow corridors that doesn’t help the camera).

I don’t really like TA because of the first boss (exp) and those poison flowers…

But to be honest, I did about 10 runs so far total. 7 of them were great mainly because of the people I did it with. 3 were disastreous because my group was composed of players that skip content, insult others or just ignores others. You know, the cancers of MMOs…

Fenris Snowborn – 80 Guardian
MadCast Gaming [MCG] [SoR]

Posted by: Krypto.3569

Krypto.3569

Honestly my first impression was they made a dungoen system that requires mitigation(tanks) but doesnt supply them. But once you learn how to do dungeons and play with people that also know how its only challenging enough to be fun.

you cant build like a glass cannon, GW2 is making you choose one outlet of damage be it raw power, critical strike chances, or conditional damage. the rest of your traits should go in sustainablity. (my opinion from observation)

Dont give up on instances, they really are great and offer that level of difficulty that rewards communication and teamwork.

However it wont be long and everyone will know each fight perfectly and we wont need to communicate as much. Ran path 1 on CoF in less that 30 minutes and with minimal communication. my PUG knew what to do so we just breezed through .

Posted by: VanderBeltLegacy.4736

VanderBeltLegacy.4736

AC:Story=liked the way it just chucks u into a decent difficult dungeon, no baby step,, Explore=good challenge(done the path with the burrows)
CM:Story=to easy(should of been 1st dungeon),, explore=still to easy(cant remember path)
TA:Story=nice challenge with some thinking required, Explore=Fast Farm path so made it to easy.
SE:Story=meh to the challenge, to easy

HotW:Story=you call that a story? to easy

Posted by: Meledelion.2513

Meledelion.2513

you cant build like a glass cannon, GW2 is making you choose one outlet of damage be it raw power, critical strike chances, or conditional damage. the rest of your traits should go in sustainablity. (my opinion from observation)

However it wont be long and everyone will know each fight perfectly and we wont need to communicate as much. Ran path 1 on CoF in less that 30 minutes and with minimal communication. my PUG knew what to do so we just breezed through .

I very much disagree on your idea regarding not being able to build like a glass canon. Both my brother and I have built our toons towards being full glass canons and we don’t really get penelized for it. Most “deadly” things are one hit blows or consecutive high dmg. Both of those can be countered by dodging.

Imo the way most bosses/hard trash is tuned makes it so that the extra survivability usually won’t save you so you might aswell go with more burst.

I’ve liked all dungeons so far, whenever something was becoming a PITA we were either not doing things right or just performing badly. My absolute favourite dungeon is Arah due to it’s versatility in mobs/fights SE is the one I like least (although probably due to the way the dungeon looks)

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

AC EM is not so bad, CoF EM is really easy I can say except for path 3 which require some good teamwork. CM EM is quite challenging I can say which is not suitable for first timer who wants to try dungeon EM. If you are experienced enough try CoE once you hit level 80, I like subject alpha so much compare to other dungeon boss. As for story, they are not really hard imo as long your group can work together as a team although arah story is quite longer than the other since it’s also related with your personal story.

My personal favourite EM dungeon is CoE.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

AC: Story – Easy, even with the lovers being bugged. Boring. Stupid hat.
Exp – Not worth doing anything but the ghost eater until they fix the kitten hitbox on the burrows. Chests suck.

CM: Story – Easy. Boring. Stupid hat.
Exp – Easy with a dash of one-shot cheese. Chests suck.

CoF: Story – Easily the most fun SM dungeon I’ve played. The last boss is a hoot. Stupid hat.
Exp – Easy, if you fight cheese with cheese at “Magg’s Deathmarch.” Chests suck.

Arah: Story – Not hard, but annoying. Tries to use all kinds of alternate mechanics
(cannons, etc) for variety. Does it badly. End boss is a disappointment.
Extremely stupid hat.
Exp – A combination of some great, innovative parts (corrosive light football, crystal guardians), progress-wiping bugs (Lupicus), and cheese (Ooze zergs, Illusionist Deathstar Blasters, most bosses). Chests suck.