Your perfect party setup?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

I still hope to believe that what really matters is the actual players skill and knowledge about class but so far on the contrary of my naive believe this is the setup i find that makes stuff real easy and smooth for everyone:

4zerker warriors(kill everything ASAP, banners)
1guardian with maximum support(me) helping them to stay alive and protected(pure voice, extra boon durations etc)

Im not trying to offend anyone and im really sorry if i did, just reflecting the current state of the game maybe by sharing this experience.
(sorry for english)

But as for what the topic suggests, what would be your perfect party setup for doing any dungeon run?

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

5 people who know what they’re doing, are on Vent, and have an itchy dodge button. I don’t care what the classes are.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Probably a group where everyone is running a support hybrid. Banner warriors, guardians, necros and elementalists with healing-oriented builds, boon storm mesmers, venom share thieves, etc.

It would be slower, but I don’t care too much about speed. I care more about how with this, it’s likely that nobody in the group would ever die, since they would be running around with a collection of fury / ~20 might / protection / 100% regeneration.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

1 support guardian
1 dps guardian
3 dps warriors

Nothing else…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

5 people who know what they’re doing and are idiots who you can have fun with.
Well and 1 of them needs to be guardian, there rest doesn’t matter :p If you know what to do and you play well as a team you can do anything really.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Posted by: The Casual Critic.3192

The Casual Critic.3192

Depends on the dungeon mostly, but for CoF which is the one which I do regularly with the same party setup, it’s 4 zerker warriors, and 1 mesmer. If one of the 4 warriors isn’t full zerker, then one guardian instead of mesmer perhaps, or 3 warriors, 1 guardian 1 mesmer. Ultimately it mostly depends on the dungeon, but the party setup I already highlighted is most comfortable for me.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

2 guard 2 war 1 mesmer for Fractals
1 guard 3 war 1 mesmer for Dungeons

BTW Mesmer utility is the only reason they are brought for groups because they are the lowest dps class in dungeons ATM. But between sword boon removal, TW, reflect, focus pull ect they are nice but never bring more than 1.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

4 others that can figure mechanics out, learn how to react to them, or listen if there’s someone else in the party telling what should be done.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

5 Berserker’s who are all able to dodge. Perfect would be a setup around 2 warriors, 1 Mesmer, 1 Guardian. Last spot is optional then where an ele or another warrior would be great.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Nice signature Starscream.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

4 Zerker Warriors and myself as elementalist field/buff/cleanse kitten.
Had it yesterday and everything just died so fast. Don’t really want anything else anymore. ^^

Or trade one zerker Warri for a GS Guardian how knows how to use his Nr5.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

One guardian with that new sentinel’s gear with traited symbols, hammer, signet of judgement and AH. That means permanent protection, permanent 10% damage reduction (so it’s 43% overall) and ~2000 toughness. That’s like 87% damage reduction with more than 25,000 health points, immunity to conditions (soldier’s rune, pure of voice, purity) and you still hit like a truck with might blow.

tl;dr; please nerf guardians anet.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I like having 5 different classes, It’s interesting

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

My perfect party set up consists of friendly people with a sense of humor about the game. I can’t tell you how many terrible people I’ve partied with over the last week.

Posted by: SnoodBeAR.5286

SnoodBeAR.5286

2 Guardians, 2 dps warriors and (ele or mes)

Works in pretty much every situation, though I’m obviously open to allowing other classes in as long as they listen or know what they’re doing.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

2 guard 2 war 1 mesmer for Fractals
1 guard 3 war 1 mesmer for Dungeons

BTW Mesmer utility is the only reason they are brought for groups because they are the lowest dps class in dungeons ATM. But between sword boon removal, TW, reflect, focus pull ect they are nice but never bring more than 1.

This is also my ideal setup.

As for mesmer DPS, I main a mesmer, and I can confirm that our DPS has indeed been nerfed lately, I feel like I do maybe 50-70% DPS of what I used to do at the end of last year or early this year. I also have a full zerker warrior, so this is where I get my DPS needs fulfilled.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I’m thinking support guardian with multiple Thor ele’s. Never tried it but it sounds like a lotta fun :P

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

2 guard, 2 mez and 1 war.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Puandro.3245

One guardian with that new sentinel’s gear with traited symbols, hammer, signet of judgement and AH. That means permanent protection, permanent 10% damage reduction (so it’s 43% overall) and ~2000 toughness. That’s like 87% damage reduction with more than 25,000 health points, immunity to conditions (soldier’s rune, pure of voice, purity) and you still hit like a truck with might blow.

tl;dr; please nerf guardians anet.

Soldier > Sentinel.

haviz.1340

Soldier > Sentinel.

You can’t do damage if you’re dead.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Soldier > Sentinel.

If you’re fully equipped in Sentinel gear, you can’t do damage at all.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Puandro.3245

Soldier > Sentinel.

No argument there but a soldier/knight mix is superior to sentinel gear. Its what I used to run but I’ve replaced most of my soldier gear with berserker now, still no issues.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Easier dungeons 4 zerk warriors + guardian/mesmer
Harder dungeons 1-2 guardian 3 zerk warriors, maybe mesmer

haviz.1340

If you’re fully equipped in Sentinel gear, you can’t do damage at all.

You have same power as clerics guardians, with 0/0/30/30/10. That’s almost that famous tanky dps but with superior tankiness, I would even say you’re basically immortal.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

5 engineers.

Haha. Ha.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

3/2 or 1/3/1, depending on your tastes, is the most efficient group composition.

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

Guardian / Warrior / Mesmer / Elementalist / Thief

The rolls work well together and are more forgiving than the 3/1/1, or 4/1 “speed” builds. They’re also not exceptionally slower given that the players have equal knowledge about their class and the fight mechanics.

Guardian : Support (shouts/reflect)/DPS
Warrior : Support (shouts/warbanner)/DPS
Mesmer : Support (feedback/time warp)/DPS
Elementalist : Support (combo fields)/DPS
Thief : Support (Conditions/stealth)/DPS

Thief <→ Engineer <→ Necromancer, any of these can really fill that slot, although easily maintainable group stealth is why I say Thief wins out.

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

For most anything outside of high fractals or CoF1, I’ll take 4 warriors and a guardian. Ideally with one banner specced warrior and the rest shout specced. Guardian using a hammer, and swapping to greatsword for the AoE pull when necessary. Unkillable setup with some pretty fantastic and very reliable damage.

Don’t really feel like a massively nerfed time warp makes up for the mesmer’s squishiness and lower dps compared to another warrior. Portal shenanigans and focus pull are pretty unnecessary.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I do almost everything with pugs, and for that I prefer people who say whether they did a boss before, can stand a bit of advice, and above all people who don’t become elitist.

I expect people to learn after one or two wipes, and I won’t start screaming over that. if other people start becoming annoyed over newbies, they’re the first to get kicked while I drag the newbies through.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto