Zerker guardian with staff

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Remember. Guardians don’t let other guardians staff.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

kitten , except for me, I have not seen a non-staff guardian in a dungeon in a week!

I thought the community was going better then all of a sudden since one month, it’s really bringing that bad staff up. This is kitten annoying! >_<

You should see the number of staff guardians trying to take down warden 3 in the marionette event. I use staff way more often than I should, and even I’m embarrassed by that. It wouldn’t be so bad except my server is big on instructing its players to range warden 3.

Actually I was half hoping that the marionette event would give some people here an appreciation for the quality of the average dungeon PuG.

It’s easier to range that warden. Until the skill level of the average player increases, that will be the safest way to do it to prevent a wipe.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

kitten , except for me, I have not seen a non-staff guardian in a dungeon in a week!

I thought the community was going better then all of a sudden since one month, it’s really bringing that bad staff up. This is kitten annoying! >_<

You should see the number of staff guardians trying to take down warden 3 in the marionette event. I use staff way more often than I should, and even I’m embarrassed by that. It wouldn’t be so bad except my server is big on instructing its players to range warden 3.

Actually I was half hoping that the marionette event would give some people here an appreciation for the quality of the average dungeon PuG.

It’s easier to range that warden. Until the skill level of the average player increases, that will be the safest way to do it to prevent a wipe.

Except everytime i look across at the other arenas which are about to run out of time its because they have staff guardians or bowbears in the arena. Which I cannot understand because they dont even need to dodge when they range the 3rd warden. So even with crap dps they should be able to kill it in plenty of time.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I love open world events, it’s like doing dungeons but you can’t kick the bowbears and staff guards. Good thing too because we need tons of ‘healers’ for wurm event! lol.

Dat scaling tho.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: dasaybz.9524

dasaybz.9524

This elitist mentality is what bothers me most about this game. Seriously, if you have fun playing a certain class, with a certain weapon, then go for it. If synergy is soooo important to you elitist dungeon runners, whey the hell are you running with pugs in the first place. I paid just as much for this game as anyone else, and I’ll be sure to bring whatever the hell weapon I want.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This elitist mentality is what bothers me most about this game. Seriously, if you have fun playing a certain class, with a certain weapon, then go for it. If synergy is soooo important to you elitist dungeon runners, whey the hell are you running with pugs in the first place. I paid just as much for this game as anyone else, and I’ll be sure to bring whatever the hell weapon I want.

Why can’t we ask for pugs who want to play our way, but you can ask for pugs who want to play your way? Is it just that you’re better because you think the way you do?

I paid as much (probably more with gem purchases) as you did for this game, why do you think you can tell me who I (or anyone else) can run dungeons with?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: dasaybz.9524

dasaybz.9524

I’m not asking pugs to play any way. They can play however the hell they want.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why cant we ask for specific requirements of our pugs? Players like you dont have to join our groups.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Sounds like a wonderful PR message there.

People are free to play any way they want. No one really cares. The problem arises when these same PUG’s who want to play the way they want constantly join speed run/zerk only/meta build only runs. At that point, I am not being allowed to play the way I want. All you folks who want to run garbage builds are just kindly asked to do it in your own groups and stop joining groups that clearly advertise for something else.

You can’t have it both ways.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

People are free to play any way they want. No one really cares. The problem arises when these same PUG’s who want to play the way they want constantly join speed run/zerk only/meta build only runs. At that point, I am not being allowed to play the way I want. All you folks who want to run garbage builds are just kindly asked to do it in your own groups and stop joining groups that clearly advertise for something else.

This exactly.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Exactly. Every day it’s the same kittening thing. I then get whispers from angry people who expect me to treat the lfg like a charity and take them regardless of their reading comprehension.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Synergy is important because we want to avoid wipes while running. We don’t hate all pugs, we just hate the stupid ones who can’t read LFG descriptions and come in anyway expecting to be carried through the whole run. Sometimes they can get away with it, but with things like fractals the whole team can suffer because that useless bearbow was pew pew-ing at 1200 range while you’re stacked up, or that PVT tank guardian that does next to no damage is griefing you with his light fields.

Everyone else has told you – pugs can play however the hell they want, and we have the right to write our LFG posts the way we do, and force people to respect them by kicking. We pug because sometimes we need to, but don’t expect us to compromise on quality just to get a slot filled.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

And we’ll be sure to kick you out of parties. We’re both fine with that arrangement, aren’t we?

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Well man, frankly that word is annoying at this point. It is important to me. I love playing with folks who also love synergy. I like seeing full might stacks on our party. I like seeing fire fields blasted without a ‘retaliation’ trolling across my screen.

I think you mistake dungeon runners. We have fun doing what we do. I can’t speak for all but I can speak for my friends and say we’re a friendly bunch. Sometimes we need to take people from LFG though. It’s aggravating when randoms join without reading. To me it says they don’t care about me, my friends, or our team. They are there to get theirs and they don’t care about anything else. It wears on me to keep hearing ‘you have to this’ or ‘you have to do that’ from those sorts of people. You came to our party. We didn’t beg you to come to ours (I don’t mean you specifically).

Nah. I don’t want to take you if you are not going to play optimal setups. It doesn’t mean I hate you. I payed for this game too. Like someone else said, I may have paid more including gems. I don’t care if you take no weapons at all. Just, you know…don’t join my party.

If you don’t care about ‘synergy’ or my style of play, why does it bother you so much?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

I like seeing fire fields blasted without a ‘retaliation’ trolling across my screen.

You are so right. I get so ridiculously angry when a pug guard uses Symbol of Wrath or Symbol of Swiftness or (omg, this is just too horrible to contemplate) a hammer just before I blast on my Ele. I see 6x area Retal in quick succession and think “All is Vain.”

J Eberle.9312

We have a guild and a thread for mentoring people in dungeons and yet still people say-

’You’re all just a bunch of elitists because you won’t carry every tom kitten and jerry who joins your party!’

k. -_-

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Didn’t you get the memo?

We are the Elitists. You shall be assimilated. Resistance is futile

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

So I felt like chiming in my experiences having tried changing it up since my last post here.

I’ve been pubbing and doing my guild runs using S+F/GS as a primary rotation, and keeping my Staff on only for the might stacks before the fight then swapping fully out for GS. I still use my staff for skipping segments because line of warding is incredibly effective when you’re running by mobs and I still don’t have trouble using symbol of swiftness without getting put in combat randomly.

GS is great for DPS; you can really feel the improvement using that rotation. The key here is that you have to get inside the hit box of the enemy you’re attacking for those extra hits because that’s really where the bonus DPS comes from. That said, I’ve noticed it’s a lot harder to stay alive in pubs that lack DPS because I don’t have an “oh crap I’m about to die and the team lacks all manner of support and doesn’t DPS fast enough to rally stuff” weapon swap. I don’t think the staff is a useless weapon, and I think it’s very good for those “oh crap” moments in pubs where you’re wanting to blast water fields and drop smoke fields to avoid a complete wipe. It’s like how I tend to use my knights gear in groups where DPS is low such that I can’t sustain myself long enough against enemy attacks. I would attribute this to the shift between an organized group and an unorganized group, really, but that’s me.

Anyway, my strategy moving forward is using S+F/GS as much as possible, but being open to using my Staff if a group particularly needs it. I definitely won’t be destroying it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Even when expecting such a terrible group, I’d rather swap the sword for scepter instead of taking the staff for actual fighting.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Except everytime i look across at the other arenas which are about to run out of time its because they have staff guardians or bowbears in the arena. Which I cannot understand because they dont even need to dodge when they range the 3rd warden. So even with crap dps they should be able to kill it in plenty of time.

Well they should be using scepter. Even though that damage is terrible too, at least they can trait for the damage modifier if running a DPS build.

As for bowbears… Well they’re bowbears. Did you honestly expect to get much out of them?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Even when expecting such a terrible group, I’d rather swap the sword for scepter instead of taking the staff for actual fighting.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, but in those cases I never ever fight with Staff out unless crap hits the proverbial fan. When I keep Staff equipped on my off weapon set for these groups, I stay primarily in S+F (or GS, depending) for as much DPS as I can get and only pull out staff when the going gets really tough.

I don’t know. When you have lots of really bad players the heal at the end of Empowered helps a lot, and if no one else is using might stacks, the might helps bolster their bad dps. Line of Warding is also great when half your team is dead and you have to kite mobs around forever. It’s also worth noting that many of my friends in my guild aren’t good players (no offense if any of them read this). So not only do they not listen to my build suggestions to build for DPS, they simply don’t play very well, and so I have to compensate and carry them a lot. It’s painful, but they’re my friends, so it is what it is. Anecdotally, Staff has helped me do that a lot more than the better S+F/GS damage rotations.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I die a little inside every time I watch a brother or sister guardian spam the staff during a fight. I was helping a guildmate with a low fractal the other day. I don’t even recall the number. My fellow PuG guardian used his staff all through the Charr Fractal. Then again when we started the ice one.

We got to the ice elemental and he charged it to spam staff one. No use of SyG or Hallowed Ground. No WoR. Just staff one. Then when we had a wipe he left our group like WE did something wrong. Thankfully the Mesmer who joined us after he bailed knew what they were doing and we just kinda coasted the rest of the Fractal.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I just started joining play as you want groups and use a troll guardian build with staff and mace/shield. Knockbacks be funny.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I just started joining play as you want groups and use a troll guardian build with staff and mace/shield. Knockbacks be funny.

The best way to prevent people from thinking you’re an kitten is to actually act like an kitten.

I am learning all sorts of new things today.

J Eberle.9312

Or run Altruistic Healing. That’s a good idea.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

75% of the guardians I ran with during the last weeks used a staff exclusively. Most of them did not have zerk gear (it looked like PVT AC gear to me, but I did not ask / argue).
No, they did not buff might, they just bashed #1 most of the time.

Still I rather have a PVT guardian with staff than a SB ranger without spotter and Frost spirit… at least the guardian provides some healing / condi clean / etc…