Zerker warrior tips

Zerker warrior tips

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wishable.9635

Wishable.9635

I just recently hit level 80 and im looking to start doing some dungeons but when I do them I get wrecked. The condition damage destroys me sometimes, and in AC when I get hit by the traps / fire I get wrecked as well. Im running 30/25/0/0/15 zerker build and I need some general tips on how to be a better in dungeons.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

The fire traps in AC don’t really care if your a zerker or not they always hurt. I suppose if you have a mountain of toughness an vit you may survive the initial blast. I never stood around long enough to find out. Those traps are meant to be avoided at all costs. Just take your time, hang back in your party watch were they go to avoid them. It’s mostly just timing. I suppose you could always use your skill endure pain to run up the stairs in P1 if your party skips Kholer.

You should also bring Shake it off, if you don’t have it already. This is usually enough to take care of conditions it is also a stun breaker which is very important. If you feel this isn’t enough there’s always Signet of Stamina.

If you’re pugging a lot you may be the only zerker in the party and that can be particularly rough it will test your dodge skills. You may have to break out a knight’s set of armor, especially if you’re the lone melee guy. You have my condolences if that’s the case.

Lastly you have to learn the fights, know what weapon or skill works best as each situation comes up. Sometimes Shield skill 5 can save the day and other times you don’t really need a shield and you can mace their face with skill 4 or interrupt an annoying attack with skill 5. It’s all very situational.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

http://www.youtube.com/wethospu

Warrior solo videos, lots of different dungeons!

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Firstly. Running with pugs can be painful.

Pugs in general will be running trash builds and awful gear, they don’t care for efficiency. This means you are fighting that boss much longer than what you would be in an organised team of full zerkers. Pug guardians are often bad and cannot be relied upon.
Many will not cleanse your conditions, they sit there not giving a kitten about anyone else in thier cleric’s/pvt AH builds thinking they’re carrying everyone’s kitten.

My advice: Don’t take crap utilities because your pug is bad. Take better pugs.

When pugging, advertise as follows: ‘Tour- Zerk+scholar only, ping gear.’

Gear check every last one of them and have a strategy going into each dungeon. I tend to give quick and short commands that they can easily follow as we go. Pugs who run the correct gear most times have enough intelligence to understand this.

Now as for you personally. Remember, you have very high base health. Your weapon set should primarily be Axe/mace and greatsword. Greatsword gives you an evade on whirl. Axe 2 is also a whirl. This can be used in a light field for a chance at condi removal as well.

Here is something I wrote about 7 months ago for someone struggling:

Look up a video on youtube explaining the fights before entering if you are unsure.

learn the fights, know what the boss is going to do so that you can anticipate and know when to dodge. This will save you alot of endurance.

Utility overview:

‘For Great Justice!’ (aoe might and fury)- This is the staple of most warrior builds.
Banner of Dicipline (great damage buff for your team)
Banner of Strength
Battle Standard ( Aoe Resurection for your team mates + fury/might for duration)
Balanced stance (Use against KD mobs when guard is bad and won’t stability you)
‘Shake it off!’ ( Good condi removal for team what u lack a guard)
Healing Signet (best heal available to you)
‘On my Mark!’ 10 stacks of vulnerability on target. Make sure you use this on the target to be focused. I only recommend this if your team cannot maintain 25 stacks of vauln on target. With your axe/mace combo you should be able to contribute a fair amount already.
Frenzy- Quickness for your hundred blades, also servers as a stun breaker/knock down breaker.
Signet of Fury – increased precision.
Signet of might- increased power.
Signet of Rage- might stacks and fury

Once banners are covered by either yourself or another war, your most ideal util setup is likely:

Healing signet
Signet of fury
Banner of discipline. (signet of might if both banners covered)
For Great Justice.
Signet of Rage. < actively use this for might/fury.

Warrior is the offensive support of dungeons while guardian is the defensive support of dungeons. Both should be able to pump out excellent damage in berserker whilst supporting each other.

Always carry one of every weapon, for example 1H sword and warhorn are excellent weapons for skipping past mobs and blast finishing, longbow + signet of fury for stacking might on your team before every fight which you then swap back out for GS . 1H sword can also be used as an offhand for a fight like lupi, the block on it is excellent.

Here is Nike’s up to date build guide:
http://youtu.be/zFHZGbu3fTM

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I use 15/20/0/20/15. Less zerky with more sustainability. You can’t expect your pugs to be all zerk and experienced. Gives access to longer duration of banners + increased power to everyone.

Utility is usually a stance, a shout, and a banner. Very broad here since the shout, stance, and banner depends on what you’re facing and if there’s other warriors in the party. I always have Endure Pain or Dolyak signet as a precautionary measure to how bad the pug teams can be.

Weapons are usually GS, Axe/Mace, Rifle, and Sword/Warhorn. Longbow is really optional. GS + Axe/Mace is usually the best DPS you can have.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

I use 15/20/0/20/15. Less zerky with more sustainability. You can’t expect your pugs to be all zerk and experienced. Gives access to longer duration of banners + increased power to everyone.

Utility is usually a stance, a shout, and a banner. Very broad here since the shout, stance, and banner depends on what you’re facing and if there’s other warriors in the party. I always have Endure Pain or Dolyak signet as a precautionary measure to how bad the pug teams can be.

Weapons are usually GS, Axe/Mace, Rifle, and Sword/Warhorn. Longbow is really optional. GS + Axe/Mace is usually the best DPS you can have.

Not really good advice, there are better EA builds and they dont use GS
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/86495-hb-is-for-casuals-the-empower-allies-dungeon-build/
The first banner trait is not worth taking over Empowered because its only ~32s downtime anyways.

More dps is pretty much always the answer to kill things before they become a problem. Dolyak Signet and Endure pain is defensive overkill and not needed. Instead, grab a sword offhand with Sigil of Energy. I find the extra endurance and block helps a ton more than using up utility slots. Tbh, the biggest thing that will help you survive encounters is more experience and practice.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Team up with a good guard. If you are suffering from conditions, the guard you play with don’t know guard trade. If your guard is good, you will have all conditions turned into boons and this will happen very often, also you will have a protection on you almost all the time.
Also have “Shake it off” ready for tight spots, to fill up where your guard shouts are on CD or you are knocked/rooted/paralysed during transit.

(edited by Fext.3614)

Zerker warrior tips

Fext.3614

I use 15/20/0/20/15. Less zerky with more sustainability.

I hope I will never meet you in a pug dungeon group, mate. One can’t never love these “tanky” build enough.
Look the idea behind the “tank” concept is that you are the party memeber who takes damage for other, glasscannon dpsers. To do that, you need aggro building skills and these are missing in this game.
So a so called tanky build means only one thing – you do less damage, take less aggro, do not die as often as others -> you do the group at other players expenses…

But do not take me wrong: a player with a defensive style in mind is welcome and can help the group a lot – if s/he plays a guard. A good guard, preferably build around altruistic healing, is a godsend and helps the group a lot. Therefore, even if it’s your right to play whatever you like, you might consider trying a guard.

That said: for PVE, I am running a full zerker set on my guard.

(edited by Fext.3614)

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Please don’t come near me, guards with AH builds!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You dropped almost every damage modifier…

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

healing sig + candied dragon roll, that on top of some good dodging is all you need.

as long as your team isn’t complete trash (low level fractals), you’ll be fine.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

But do not take me wrong: a player with a defensive style in mind is welcome and can help the group a lot – if s/he plays a guard. A good guard, preferably build around altruistic healing, is a godsend and helps the group a lot. Therefore, even if it’s your right to play whatever you like, you might consider trying a guard.

No no no! We need less, not more AH guardians. How does AH “helps the group a lot”?

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

Zerker warrior tips

Fext.3614

No no no! We need less, not more AH guardians. How does AH “helps the group a lot”?

Well, look at the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Altruistic_Healing
“Applying area-of-effect boons will trigger healing for each ally affected (including yourself) and skills that apply boons repeatedly over time, such as symbols, will trigger healing with each pulse. "

If you take also Writ of Persistence and Pure of Voice, and spam hammer#1 and shouts (works best if the group is stacked which is pretty often) you generate a group wide healing effect, not speaking about conditions converted to boons, and protection from Symbol of protection, which, traited with Writ of Persistence, is practically permanent. From my experience it is not that bad, but please feel free to post a better build.

(edited by Fext.3614)

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Have you used Altruistic Healing…?

It heals the guardian (and only the guardian) when you give boons to your allies/yourself.

Edit: Wiki is nice, but actual real world use is better. I encourage you to go and test it in game for a bit.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Yeah… AH only heals the guardian and not the group. That’s why it’s useless.

Nova [rT]

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

From my experience it is not that bad, but please feel free to post a better build.

Here you go.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE/first

Enjoy.

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Well, look at the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Altruistic_Healing
“Applying area-of-effect boons will trigger healing for each ally affected (including yourself) and skills that apply boons repeatedly over time, such as symbols, will trigger healing with each pulse. "

The wiki is correct. You are just reading it wrong. I shall break it down:

“Applying area-of-effect boons will trigger healing for each ally affected”

-This means for each each ally affected by a boon, it counts for your healing.

EX: I give retaliation to the party. So that’s 5 boons I just gave, one to me and one to each party member. So you take the healing of AH which say is 80 healing and times it by 5. 5×80 = how much healing the guard gets to himself.

-“and skills that apply boons repeatedly over time, such as symbols, will trigger healing with each pulse”

EX:And for something like staff #3 on guard, that swiftness pulse. Each time it pulses another stack of swiftness, it will do the multiplication for healing again for every pulse, since its like adding new boons.

AND for dungeons, AH blows. Its a bad crutch for the guard. No team benefit.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Warrior with Healing Signet is without a doubt the tankiest profession available when geared for optimal damage.
All traps before the long gauntlet can be jumped around easily, or just tanked as long as you are OOC, and the gauntlet after Spider Queen is just a matter of timing. Just keep to either the left or right, and run past as each trap fades, when keeping to the left after the first two or three the rest will disappear at the same time, giving you a clean shot at rushing or whirling to the top.
As for the Gargoyle Heads, they shouldn’t give you grief during Spider Queen if you’re stacking near the stairs, and running past them is just a matter of timing your dodge or letting someone else run ahead. Unless by fire traps you mean the ones on the stairs themselves which you shouldn’t be running down anyway, or the ones on the way to Defend Hodgins (p1) which is incredibly easy to Rush or Whirl past after they’ve done their little fireworks display.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I learned everything I know about warrior from this video:

http://youtu.be/_KhPMi1GIc4

I highly recommend it.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I highly recommend it.

You know some people are going to believe what you say when watching that vid……

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I highly recommend it.

lol eugene’s an amateur, have you even tried dontain??

Zerker warrior tips

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I highly recommend it.

You know some people are going to believe what you say when watching that vid……

Fein! Serious post, I use this: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83915-axemace-dps-build-for-dungeons-and-fractals-101513/

It’s an okay guide I guess.

I don’t know how to give you many tips beyond use this build. It’s pretty easy to use compared to other classes. Mostly you just need to memorize mechanics, attacks, etc. and know what to dodge whatever. You shouldn’t be getting hit by traps, and if conditions are a problem then you can use shake it off I guess, but you shouldn’t need it. I never have it.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”