Zerkers in fractals

Zerkers in fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Yesterday I was doing fractals with a 4 guildie group. Of course I make a screenshot on entering, because you know … 4 guildies is a risk factor. That risk is usually offset with good teamwork. Boy was I wrong.

We did fotm12, which by all standards is not difficult. I’m not the best gamer in the world, and not the best GW2 player either, but fotm12 should be pretty easy by now for everyone with a bit of experience.
Fractal 1: Urban. We wiped 2 times on the final boss. Should have been a warning
Fractal 2: Uncategorized. Wipe on all three bosses including the holding penn. Should have left
Fractal 3: Underground. First starts good, but after killing the dredge, they don’t realize the boss is next on the list. They just keep farming … Another 2 wipes on the Dredge Powersuit. These guys are n—bs, they just kept dying like flies.
I finally ask:

- does any of you know how to do this?
one of the guildies, a warrior, doesn’t simply say yes but posts his gear:
- RROD (infused), crystalline (infused), beta capacitor (infused).

For those who don’t know, all that is zerker gear. This guy didn’t have a single point of toughness or vitality which explains his dying. Not only that, but they had no clue about tactics, bosses.

So this guy was carried at least 20 times for his backpiece, including at least 2 runs on 20+ for his infused rings. In all those runs, he just played like he was in COF1.

I left the dungeon, not worth it anymore. I already wasted over 2 hours.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

You can run zerks in fotm. You just have to be a decent player. Sounds like this guy wanted to just facetank crap.

You suffered from bad players , not bad gearsets.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And then, I have soloed Underground Facility (Turret|Ice Elemental, excluding start), whole Urban Battleground and start of Uncategorized (had to stop at Tom).
On level 10 with “zerker” Warrior.

Issue is probably somewhere else.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

He pinged 3 out of 13(14) pieces of equipment without traits. Surely, he had some points in toughness and vitality.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

He pinged 3 out of 13(14) pieces of equipment without traits. Surely, he had some points in toughness and vitality.

Not only that, it’s only one of four people. If all of them were really full zerk they could’ve actually kill stuff faster than going down (and insta rallying).

EU Aurora Glade

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You got the group you deserved, so much ignorance and vitriol on something that is completely irrelevant to what made your group fail.

Keep relying on tough gear too much and you’ll have a funny surprise if you ever reach the higher levels.

I stay on lower levels because I’d rather have fun than artificial difficulty tyvm. I know the “funny surprise” and I’m not intending to go there. Whether that’s ignorance or intelligence, I leave up to debate.

Really … vitriol and ignorance, that’s the description of your own post.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

just for OP info….
Urban past 26 hits for 10-16.000 per hit
Underwater can deal something like 30.000 in less than 1 second.
uncategorized harpy 2 shots you whatever you are wearing….

So toughness and vit are good only for ressing purposes mostly.
The more you go on with levels the more you want zerkers in your party…

P.S. if you are good….it happens lvl 10-20 its harder than 38…..
At 10-20 with pugs expect to almost solo fotm…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Exactly, I have all Berserker Ascended trinkets and PVT armour. Why? Because I’m a kitten warrior and can add >40% crit chance for being just that. People should never presume to know another’s build.

It doesn’t matter the build you could go full bunker and drop more than a zerker if you don’t know what to do.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

I stay on lower levels because I’d rather have fun than artificial difficulty tyvm. I know the “funny surprise” and I’m not intending to go there. Whether that’s ignorance or intelligence, I leave up to debate.

Really … vitriol and ignorance, that’s the description of your own post.

For FotM, The higher u go, it gets easier. Most FotM’ers will agree with me because the higher u go, the more experience “group” farms that the level brackets.

If u have enough AR, try the 32-38s, they are usually a breeze. at least for me I pug all my FotM, the PuGs are awesome

And for the Gear, Zerker is oki for some fights. From what i read, its the player’s issue for fail dodge.

(edited by Grayson.2375)

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I have full zerg gear on my engi and fractals 48 isnt problem usualy I am last man standing.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

just for OP info….

Lies! I tend to play lvl 20-26 exclusively and my elementalist won’t die instantly as described and he’s only packing vitality mostly, no toughness.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Full zerker is more of a hindrance than anything else. One mistake on your toast. I saw that vid, there was like 3 guards in that group taking all the aggro heh.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Honestly, I like zerkers in the group. Somebody’s gotta do it…if they’re good, fights are shorter and if they aren’t so perfect, well then I can swoop in and save their arses in some fashion.

The only thing I don’t like about zerker characters is how they want everyone else to play that set-up. So long as people don’t dictate what I have to wear, you can wear whatever

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

just for OP info….

Lies! I tend to play lvl 20-26 exclusively and my elementalist won’t die instantly as described and he’s only packing vitality mostly, no toughness.

as i said past 26….

On my zerker mesmer i was hit by 16.464 zerker rush and 10.000 after with some normal Attacks.

With KNIGHT ele i was hit by 11.000 lava font….at 26

I am at 40 now and i got a zerker armor for ele too (i play D/D and S/F).

I think anyone will confirm….
Real thing is:
Once you are experienced in fotm USE berserker.
Its the best surviving option you have to get rid of mobs before defensive skills wears off.

This is actually maybe the oldest tactic for high level fotms…..

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

All my characters are zerkers, my Ele who is on Fractal 38 is full zerks. I’m usually focused and still survive more than my teammates.

AmateurNet

Zerkers in fractals

Folk.2093

Also it’s important to note some classes can do better with zerker such as a mesmer; although in reality i guess it’s based more on things such as traits/runes/sigils/food which can help some classes have good staying power and wear zerker gear, even then it’s best to swap a couple of a zerker items for a bit more hardiness.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

For those who don’t know, all that is zerker gear. This guy didn’t have a single point of toughness or vitality which explains his dying. Not only that, but they had no clue about tactics, bosses.

The problem is the latter, not the warrior’s gear. You don’t need any extra toughness or vitality on a warrior, especially not at Fractal 12, but you do need to understand tactics and bosses.

I would say that zerker is actually the optimal build for warrior if you can use it well.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Yesterday I was doing fractals with a 4 guildie group. Of course I make a screenshot on entering, because you know … 4 guildies is a risk factor. That risk is usually offset with good teamwork. Boy was I wrong.

We did fotm12, which by all standards is not difficult. I’m not the best gamer in the world, and not the best GW2 player either, but fotm12 should be pretty easy by now for everyone with a bit of experience.
Fractal 1: Urban. We wiped 2 times on the final boss. Should have been a warning
Fractal 2: Uncategorized. Wipe on all three bosses including the holding penn. Should have left
Fractal 3: Underground. First starts good, but after killing the dredge, they don’t realize the boss is next on the list. They just keep farming … Another 2 wipes on the Dredge Powersuit. These guys are n—bs, they just kept dying like flies.
I finally ask:

- does any of you know how to do this?
one of the guildies, a warrior, doesn’t simply say yes but posts his gear:
- RROD (infused), crystalline (infused), beta capacitor (infused).

So this guy was carried at least 20 times for his backpiece, including at least 2 runs on 20+ for his infused rings. In all those runs, he just played like he was in COF1.

I left the dungeon, not worth it anymore. I already wasted over 2 hours.

A better explanation for his dying is failing to dodge. If I can run full zerker gear on my mesmer and survive in level 28, there’s no reason a warrior shouldn’t be able to survive level 12. Being at a lower level is no reason to not dodge, since dodging is what the entire combat system is built around. His gear has very little to do with it. All that Vitality or Toughness would have done is cover for his crappy game play.

Also, nothing says he had to go to 20+ at any point to get infused rings. You can get those just fine running 10 repeatedly.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I assume the poster is not wearing berserker gear by the general tone of the thread. If you are tanky because you dont spec DPS gear, than why couldnt you res them or possibly kite the enemys while the (i hope 1 alive) other guy resses

I have tried PVT on warrior, if anything it gives me the illusion of being tanky when im actually just as squishy. I end up dying the same amount of times with both “Tanky gear” and “Zerker gear” so i just use zerker. I tried everything from healing shouts, to banner regen. It really doesnt help. For a warrior to live they have to dodge the damage, theres just no way to absorb it even if you have non zerk gear. (I refuse to try Clerics as thats going a bit far into unreasonable)

Im not perfect, I die and get downed sometimes and have wiped with the team before but by no means do I think im causing someone such grief as you experienced. I feel like the wipe or death would of been caused no matter what I wore. This applies to any dungeon, but FOTM is the best example.

I.E. If my guardian is dying to things with “Tanky gear”, surely when i play my warrior with the same tanky gear or zerker, im going to die to that same DPS Burst.

Your run honestly doesnt sound that different from some of the groups I have been on. Of course it was slow and frustrating but no one did you individual harm and sometimes this type of thing happens.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

I play zerker warrior in dungeons and fractals (have lv30 atm). There is no problem when you know tactics, have reflex and someone to tank mobs for you.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

I finally ask:

[…]

Blablabla, full zerk warrior on a 48 grawl here, one of the boss that will give off the most chipping damage.

You can’t even take much damage from Urban Battleground’s boss if you stay at range and dodge the meteor showers, gear is pretty much a non issue here. For uncategorized you can burn the first cat golem very quickly in melee with a guardian casting shield of the avenger to stop the poison blobs (with a high dps group and smart guardians this take about only 2 charges of the air ventilation system to get him down), and the end boss is all about kiting the asura away to burst the golems faster without having to pay attention to him.

Again, on the dredge powersuit, no chipping damage at all, this is a 200% dodge issue. Did the mining suit fine at 48 on full zerk and that’s where you also have to dodge the agony with a double dodge or a block, recharging your endurance constantly with the burst skill on the bow, unlike a lvl 12 run where you can just take the hit.

You got the group you deserved, so much ignorance and vitriol on something that is completely irrelevant to what made your group fail.

Keep relying on tough gear too much and you’ll have a funny surprise if you ever reach the higher levels.

I want to know how you make 2 different partys in Fotm. I see 5 ppl fight but only 3 are in party. How is that?

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There could be a simpler explanation for all this, such as your guild guys were all drunk and having laughs on voice chat.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Problem isn’t zerker gear. Problem is bad players not knowing the fights.

Zerkers in fractals

haviz.1340

Problem isn’t zerker gear. Problem is bad players not knowing the fights.

Problem is lack of anchor. Every decent player knows you need anchor(s) so your zerkers can deal damage unattended.

Zerkers in fractals

Wethospu.6437

Can’t sail a ship without an anchor.

Zerkers in fractals

Folk.2093

I finally ask:

[…]

Blablabla, full zerk warrior on a 48 grawl here, one of the boss that will give off the most chipping damage.

You can’t even take much damage from Urban Battleground’s boss if you stay at range and dodge the meteor showers, gear is pretty much a non issue here. For uncategorized you can burn the first cat golem very quickly in melee with a guardian casting shield of the avenger to stop the poison blobs (with a high dps group and smart guardians this take about only 2 charges of the air ventilation system to get him down), and the end boss is all about kiting the asura away to burst the golems faster without having to pay attention to him.

Again, on the dredge powersuit, no chipping damage at all, this is a 200% dodge issue. Did the mining suit fine at 48 on full zerk and that’s where you also have to dodge the agony with a double dodge or a block, recharging your endurance constantly with the burst skill on the bow, unlike a lvl 12 run where you can just take the hit.

I want to know how you make 2 different partys in Fotm. I see 5 ppl fight but only 3 are in party. How is that?

That’s just a bug.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

If you don’t know the fights and can’t dodge, you’re gonna have a bad time.

I haven’t FotM’d but once since last patch, but it’s the same crap different day. CC AoE mobs while pulling, whittle them down before they get close, burst them if they do (engineer versatility + stupid ranged damage ftw). Anyone actually complaining about berserker gear though is a bit ignorant. I’d understand if it weren’t a skill issue, but a gear one – but it’s not. With proper playing, everyone should be running full berserkers (although I feel 12k health classes like guardian should squeeze in some vitality somewhere, until they’re at the 15k range). If you’ve played Monster Hunter, an analogous example of skilled berserker gear in FotM would be using felyne heroics against Deviljho.

tl;dr – OP is backwards.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: harbinger.2698

harbinger.2698

Yeah agreed with most of the rest……OP is completely misinterpreting the experience they had.

Personal Reward lvl 28 Zerker warrior here…currently running w/ 35 Agony resist in full zerker jewelry……run fracs every night in the 20’s/30’s and a typical run with me, and some more warrior/guardians – fellow guild-mates – usually takes between 45-60 min including Jade Maw. Very, very rarely ever wipe and never fail. Last night, as an example we ran Snowblind, Volcanic, Cliffside and the Jade Maw and did it with no worries in about 60 minutes. Swap out Volcanic for the swamp and reduce that time by 15 minutes or so.

It’s not the gear, it’s the people involved.

Zerkers in fractals

Folk.2093

Say what you want but as someone who mainly plays the support guardian role I’ve seen way to many zerkers drop like flies at the slightest mistake. Now maybe you guys are the minority and are as good as you claim to be (that’s not for me to say yes or no to) but my overall experience is players in full zerker are downed and dead way too much. If it’s truly a learn to play issue then I wish all those guys I’ve seen die in 1 second would learn to play or swap to something more hardy.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: harbinger.2698

harbinger.2698

Say what you want but as someone who mainly plays the support guardian role I’ve seen way to many zerkers drop like flies at the slightest mistake.

I’m not saying I’m not the squishiest in the group….I prolly am. My “role” in the group is not to tank, it’s to inflict damage at a high rate. There are a few things though that mitigate the risk of me going down often, however:

1. I know the maps inside and out so I know how to play them
2. I know how to play my toon and the game in general (dodging, traiting well, etc.)
3. I run with a full support Guardian who really just removes conditions, stacks might and heals us
4. Finally, I’m a high crit build. I crit around 90% of the time. I often eat Omnonberry pies which give me a 66% chance to steal health on crit. If needed, I also have a greatsword that gives me an additional 30% chance to steal health.
(Also, on the off chance I do go down which does happen from time to time, I have the Sweet Revenge equipped so I rally during Vengeance)

Honestly, between those 4 factors, I don’t go down that much more often than the rest of my (tanky) team and my repair bill, if any, is always less than 3 silver unless we’ve just had the worst luck ever.

It really can be done, you just have to find zerker warriors who know how to play the game. Finally, I can believe that of all the builds people choose, more zerker warriors would be less informed on how to play well than others because their mentality can be just faceroll everything in site, no dodges or any consideration for healing.

(edited by harbinger.2698)

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Don’t get it. Running full Berserker at 36+ with no hassle.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Zerkers in fractals

Wethospu.6437

Say what you want but as someone who mainly plays the support guardian role I’ve seen way to many zerkers drop like flies at the slightest mistake. Now maybe you guys are the minority and are as good as you claim to be (that’s not for me to say yes or no to) but my overall experience is players in full zerker are downed and dead way too much. If it’s truly a learn to play issue then I wish all those guys I’ve seen die in 1 second would learn to play or swap to something more hardy.

There’s a reason why Guardians don’t drop like flies at the slightest mistake. And that has nothing to do with their armor/health.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

I’m gonna be honest, unless you want the fastest smoothest run in the entire world, run what you’re comfortable in. If you’re a gaming robot and can do these fights without a hitch run full berserker. I myself, am not, so I don’t do it. Run what YOU are comfortable with.

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

err the issue is the more you go on the more you need berserkers….

I run an ele myself (mostly D/D), i first started by using full knight set with zerker weapons and rings.
After getting to 40 i m starting to get even a full zerker armor :/ because if you don t have enough dps you simplly fail in many parts…

GW2 balance:

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

There’s a reason why Guardians don’t drop like flies at the slightest mistake. And that has nothing to do with their armor/health.[/quote]

:)) +1 !

Zerkers in fractals

haviz.1340

There’s a reason why Guardians don’t drop like flies at the slightest mistake. And that has nothing to do with their armor/health.

Indeed, most guardians players are just better skillwise than silly warriors.

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

Well despite i can agree on the general concept…
In ascalon only NPCS deals enough damage….

You basically are supporting them but if they die you will struggle even 5VS1 a mob.

But actually as i said at 48 i suppose they deals at least 20.000 dmg per hit so zerker or bunker doesn t matter anyway.

GW2 balance:

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

Only my guardian can use tanky gear, because of skills and trait. High armor gives high aggro, on guardian it’s good, lots of heal and utility to survive punishment for some quite long time, so the party can just focus on dps. High armor on other class? Bad idea, you will be chased by all those mobs there and just die.
Probably one of the warriors nightmare is to be the only “heavy” in group (but still as zerker in zerker group) Most mobs will target this warrior and it will be painfull.

Still i don’t get that hype with all those great warriors in high level fotm. I really can’t see any hard fractal in which warrior can really use his dps melee potential. And warrior with rifle or bow is just meh.

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

I disagree because I’ve been in extremely low dps groups where a perfect stack/pull failed dramatically because no one could rally on anything whenever there was a down like in my link despite the npc hitting the mobs. The group composition I had was nearly as good as I could ever wish for when it comes to ascalon, with just one too many guard (3 guardians is overkill).

The importance of the npc, apart from the damage they deal (I do agree they deal some good damage) is to also take damage away from the party by getting hit instead of you. But, like in the link, you’ll still deal with a few down here and there and you want a fast rally.

Wich level are we talking about?

Afaik at 38+ NPC deals way more damage than players

Happen Always NPC dies and you still have a couple of ascalonian warriors in range to be pulled.

After 5-10 min we get tired and we just wiped….

DPS are a must in uncategorized, at lava, underwater, at ascalon final boss, and stuff lik that.

But ascalon stage is to be done BY npcs….

GW2 balance:

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Because of how armor works in GW2, enemies do not hit hard enough to justify using Toughness.

Despite the common misconception, Zerker gear is not that squishy, especially on a warrior.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Are higher level fractals doable with say 250-450ms latency (ie this is probably going to add on 500-800ms to your reaction time).

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

Wich level are we talking about?

Afaik at 38+ NPC deals way more damage than players

Happen Always NPC dies and you still have a couple of ascalonian warriors in range to be pulled.

After 5-10 min we get tired and we just wiped….

DPS are a must in uncategorized, at lava, underwater, at ascalon final boss, and stuff lik that.

But ascalon stage is to be done BY npcs….

48 and the group I was in didn’t even wipe once during this fractal.
You’re making it sound like it’s an inevitability to wipe there.

afaik yes….

Dunno if u have 4 zerker warriors but with “normal” professions your dps is almost never enough…so you basically wipe to save time :/ unless you want to spend more time Killing mobs than bosses.

GW2 balance:

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Most of the encounters in FotM at high levels (48) that typically wipe teams have nothing to do with the team make-up, honestly, assuming they are skilled players. It has more to do with their aggro management and positioning. I bring berserker Warriors and we do fine, I bring condition damage Engineers and we’re fine, I bring staff Eles and we’re fine.

What Haviz said a page back about having an anchor in your group is way more important than I think most of you are giving it credit for being. A group of 5 berserker Warriors for FotM (and in some other dungeons) is inferior when compared with a group that has 4 berserker Warriors and 1 Guardian. Furthermore, certain bosses in fractals reward certain playstyles more. Assuming perfect skill, I’d rather have 2 Warriors, a Mesmer and 2 Guardians for the Grawl boss than 4 Warriors and a Guardian. Sure it can be done with the latter group, but it is much less stressing with the former group and allows the Warriors more freedom to melee-smash the enemies than in the latter case where they melt under melee pressure.

I have multiple different classes that I run FotM 48 with, and they each serve different roles. My Guardian is bunker primarily for aggro management (relevant for Raving Asura boss and some others), but benefits the team heavily with 16 perma might stacks, stability, retaliation, permanent protection, regeneration, huge heals, aegis spam, and more. I am confident that my Guardian + 4 berserker Warriors deals more net dps under heavy pressure than 5 berserker Warriors could.

Suffice to say, the assumption that “berserker is squishy and sucks” is wrong. Furthermore, the misconception that everyone should only wear berserker gear if they are perfect players is also wrong. There is a much more subtle way to properly construct a team for different instances, and only a few posts in this thread so far have shown that the posters have insight in that regard. Ultimately, though, I say play what you want, and if your team is good enough it won’t matter and you’ll succeed anyway.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m not about to argue with you, but I will answer a few of your concerns.

@My Point: Group planning is a subtle art and it’s not an obvious thing. Zerker warriors aren’t bad, but they’re not the end-all-be-all either, and they can do way more damage than they normally do with appropriate team support.

@Mesmers in FotM: Clones by themselves are way more useful than you give them credit for. Against the Grawl boss on L48, a well-played Mesmer can solo him down 25% due to a combination of Feedback, clones, and maneuverability skills. Furthermore, don’t underestimate the power of Timewarp when Warriors have free melee reign over an encounter thanks to Guardian coverage.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Zerkers in fractals

LordByron.8369

@My Point: Group planning is a subtle art and it’s not an obvious thing. Zerker warriors aren’t bad, but they’re not the end-all-be-all either, and they can do way more damage than they normally do with appropriate team support.

zerker wars AND guardian have the most sustained damage in this game with a disgusting difference with other professions….possibly it would take 10-12 other professions to match that.

So i know why 3 guard+2war could kill stuff in ascalon……i cannot witha full zerker mesmer….at 38 (but for what i saw 26-40 doesn t change THAT much, the most severe difficulty spike is at 26 after that almost nothing changes*)
On another point they makes things easier like guardians…due to their abysmal DPS.

As Anet said its not they are OP….is other classes that are UP and have to be taken on war lvl…..look the issue as you want but there is a HUGE difference between guardians and wars VS the rest of professions…..(this have been said by anet also).

@Mesmers in FotM: Clones by themselves are way more useful than you give them credit for. Against the Grawl boss on L48, a well-played Mesmer can solo him down 25% due to a combination of Feedback, clones, and maneuverability skills. Furthermore, don’t underestimate the power of Timewarp when Warriors have free melee reign over an encounter thanks to Guardian coverage.

[/quote]
I have a mesmer and an ele….

For grawl boss (ONLY HERE pve wise) ele is borderline OP at ANY level…only issue is its forced in FOCUS and need a hand to get rid of elementals…..
(funny thing is few ele bring a focus with them)

Mesmer clones get ignored :/ when i play so i can t tell you much.

P.S.* dunno if something changes from 40 to 48 because i never tried after 40….from what i heard from a mate at 80 it doesn t change much….

GW2 balance:

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Once you go zerk, you can never go back. Zerker Guard always.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

Oh, really ? here is a list of situations where I go full melee gs + axe/mace or axe/shield :

underground facility, dredge trash, stack behind something, pull them through line of sight, quick burst.
trash spawning around the ice elemental in snowblind, have a guardian use greatsword pull and melee cleave that stuff down fast.
the whole ascalon fractal trash, except when dealing with the group of mage (only aggro them as your last group).
cat golem mid boss, and the 4 cat golems with the asura in uncategorized. Have a guardian use shield of the avenger for the first one and you can burst him in melee really, really quickly. (poison room golem)
volcanic, bursting down the groups of grawls, and bursting the veteran shamans.
melee bursting the krait in aquatic ruins.
melee burst all the cultists in cliffside.

Also, I don’t see anything wrong with ranged weapons on war for some fights. The bow has an immobilize, a blast finisher, a fire field and deals decent damage. It’s not any worse than being a ranged guardian with scepter. I use both the immobilize on both the bow and bolas for the dredge mining suit or elemental. If you find the bow meh I want to hear what you think about the scepter.

And then there are a few perks for some boss fight that comes with being a warrior, like the elite banner rezzing the npc to burst the end boss faster after they died in ascalon.

thx for answer but you probably think that “all” fractals are hard, but its not true.

True is that on dredge fractal without feedback you really can’t melee anything there. Ravebrant or whatever this blind rifleman is called will probably kill you in 4 shots (normal one, not the veteran), and on 30+ there are 10 of them at once + those other annoying bombers, stunners etc etc.
Only with feedback or iWarden on targets you can really take them down, without you will die or need to use endure pain, burst every 90 s isnt that good. Still yes cleave damage here is usefull.

Ice fractal is easy, it can be wipe rushed, still but to damage on those vets you need either thinking guardian or thinking mesmer, hard to melee them when they hit with basic attack for something like 5k. Without those utilities from those classes you can just play as rifleman there in my opinion. On final boss nothing does matter, this boss is afk “i will make some dinner” boring guy, it can be soloed with 2 level guy…

Ascalon you say, still imo our vets makes 90% of dps there, some additional cleave is maybe helpfull buy it won’t make big difference. And it’s easy fractal, vets do 90% of work.
On final boss you need to use ranged weapon, probably rifle for better range.

Yes there are part in other fractals where some aoe damage makes big difference. Still warrior can hit 3 targets mostly, not 5, and because of it in those massive aoe scenario some engi with nades will be just better.
I don’t know, ppl just tend to make warrior OP in every scenario and handy always, but IMO in terms of high level fotm, grenade engi brings better dps on table. Stable ranged dps with massive vulne stacks, bleed damage, 5 target aoe. Still it’s my personall opinion. Maybe I’m blind and just don’t see this fotm warrior OPness, I don’t know.

PS.
You really can melee kraits on some 30+? They hit like truck and love to stack this aoe poison which just kicks kitten
Still engi can just throw grenades here.
And on final boss engi can just throw nades dealing massive damage, warrior with speargun? We all know how it works.

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

PS.
You really can melee kraits on some 30+? They hit like truck and love to stack this aoe poison which just kicks kitten
And on final boss engi can just throw nades dealing massive damage, warrior with speargun? We all know how it works.

Meleeing Krait at 30+ and 40+ is a breeze on Thief. I usually end each fight at full health, never getting hit at all. Whoever designed Spear #3 and #5 wasn’t thinking clearly.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

-Snip-

Truth for the part about engineers, in my opinion the most underrated profession in PvE for now. Probably because there aren’t enough good grenadiers around to show people what’s what, most seem to be happy with rifles.

[PLUM] – SOR

Zerkers in fractals

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

PS.

Meleeing Krait at 30+ and 40+ is a breeze on Thief. I usually end each fight at full health, never getting hit at all. Whoever designed Spear #3 and #5 wasn’t thinking clearly.

I do believe that shadow assult only hits 1 target.

[PLUM] – SOR