add a dungeon timer

add a dungeon timer

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

The title is self explanatory. Add a timer to dungeons. It start counting when you enter the dungeon (1 timer for each player, some may join later) OR 1 unique party timer that start counting after the group has chosen the path ( or when the first member enters in the dungeon) and it stops when you kill the last boss.

Why:
-Because we don’t have a dps meter or any statistics. Measure the variables may be hard, but measure the result (time) is easy to implement.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Download WSplit. Throw it up on a second monitor, or just leave it on your desktop while you play the game in full screen, and have a start/pause hotkey. Problem solved.

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’d love this. Jagex added timers to the stats screens at the end of a dungeon on Runescape and it made it very nice for the group of players that went for records/did trial runs to get into speedclearing groups and the casual crowd could/would ignore them if they chose to.

I’d be happy and more motivated to do full path solos again if this were implemented… however I won’t hold my breath.

Download WSplit. Throw it up on a second monitor, or just leave it on your desktop while you play the game in full screen, and have a start/pause hotkey. Problem solved.

I feel like I have enough crap cluttering my system. Obviously there’s a lot of ways to keep track of time but that’s not the point of the thread. :P

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I actually like the OP idea.That way can be build a leader board.Blizzard already proved that such system is working great.So why not Anet do the same thing?

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

I actually like the OP idea.That way can be build a leader board.Blizzard already proved that such system is working great.So why not Anet do the same thing?

The issue is, that unless they have someone to properly judge the run, people can just exploit their way to the last boss as fast as possible just to get the fastest time.

[HC]

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

www.gwscr.com

If you have faster runs, please post them.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

My idea was not to create a leaderboard. Just to let people keep track of how good/bad a pug dungeon was. Obviously I could use a software outside of the game or even a cellphone to time the runs, but would be a in-game life quality improvement to have it implemented on gw2.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

The issue is, that unless they have someone to properly judge the run, people can just exploit their way to the last boss as fast as possible just to get the fastest time.

Hmm you bring interesting idea.Anet is famous with how slow they fix exploits.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

My idea was not to create a leaderboard. Just to let people keep track of how good/bad a pug dungeon was. Obviously I could use a software outside of the game or even a cellphone to time the runs, but would be a in-game life quality improvement to have it implemented on gw2.

There’s an option to turn on a timestamp on chat messages which is usually enough for me in those circumstances. Since it’s only down to minutes, not seconds, it’s not super exact, but works well enough measuring pug dungeons for me. Usually there’s not much chat going on anyway, so I have the timestamp of me saying “hi” after joining the group to compare against current time when finishing.

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I don’t think overall leader boards are a good idea (for the reason of exploited runs as stated above), but if the game kept track of your personal data and let you know when you had done your own fastest run for that path, that would be neat.

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I’d love this. Jagex added timers to the stats screens at the end of a dungeon on Runescape and it made it very nice for the group of players that went for records/did trial runs to get into speedclearing groups and the casual crowd could/would ignore them if they chose to.

I’d be happy and more motivated to do full path solos again if this were implemented… however I won’t hold my breath.

I feel like I have enough crap cluttering my system. Obviously there’s a lot of ways to keep track of time but that’s not the point of the thread. :P

Selling hex i ninja looted, 200M.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

add a dungeon timer

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

while we’re on it…. add “inspect” option so that we can check who isn’t zerk in our dungeon runs =)