in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Itari.1063

Itari.1063

Just becuz u cant handle them?

anet please ignore dungeons are fine threads by people that did 1 dungeon

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

I have done all but 1 of them. And while some need to be a bit easier some also need to be harder. Most are just about right.

People need to stop walking into dungeons that give tokens for orange 80 gear in all green/blue gear

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

People need to stop walking into dungeons that give tokens for orange 80 gear in all green/blue gear

Bingo.

I can’t count how many great sword warriors I’ve seen jump into pug dungeons with their full glass cannon build and rage when they get wrecked. 5 signets and all traits/gear pushing damage. They charge, hit hundred blades, and get theirkitten handed to them.

Then they come here and complain that the dungeons are too hard.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

Because Anet has this magical power that lets them detect the number of runs people have done? Interesting.

But that does make me interested if they have an actual hidden statistic that tracks total dungeon runs.

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

In that case please ignore OP of this tread too.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

I can’t count how many great sword warriors I’ve seen jump into pug dungeons with their full glass cannon build and rage when they get wrecked. 5 signets and all traits/gear pushing damage. They charge, hit hundred blades, and get theirkitten handed to them.

so a lot of bossfights aren’t melee-unfriendly or just plain suicide trying to dodge stuff when you can’t see any circles under all the effects or trying to see a move the boss telegraphs in that big shiny explosion of light?

I’m curious how better gear/traits help you with these mechanics…

Posted by: Arrowstorm.3941

Arrowstorm.3941

Because Anet has this magical power that lets them detect the number of runs people have done? Interesting.

But that does make me interested if they have an actual hidden statistic that tracks total dungeon runs.

Hosting the servers makes it rather easy for them to know all kinds of things, like how many times a random item has dropped and such. Blizzard was able to tell everyone at Blizzcon 2010 how many times the Lich King had been killed, bet ANet can do the same stuff.

Posted by: shaidyn.4016

shaidyn.4016

If they didn’t have analytics tracking the number of instances entered, and the number of bosses downed, I would be shocked. It’s not a particularly difficult counter to add to a game’s code.

“Those who believe a thing cannot be done,
should stay out of the way of those doing it”
- Thomas Edison

Posted by: rad.8610

rad.8610

lol.. yeah please ignore teh smart people. really, i can imagine that for people that are not to good in playing games or can’t handle it to do more complex thinking find nothing wrong with the dungeons.

lol.. yeah please ignore teh smart people. really, i can imagine that for people that are not to good in playing games or can’t handle it to do more complex thinking find nothing wrong with the dungeons.dungeons are now brainless zerg, die, run, zerg, die, run time sinks with totally no feel around it and lack any need of real tactics.

lol.. yeah please ignore teh smart people. really, i can imagine that for people that are not to good in playing games or can’t handle it to do more complex thinking find nothing wrong with the dungeons.dungeons are now brainless zerg, die, run, zerg, die, run time sinks with totally no feel around it and lack any need of real tactics.seriously, if i would invest any time it it i could learn my dog to play these dungeons for me NOT KIDDING.

lol.. yeah please ignore teh smart people. really, i can imagine that for people that are not to good in playing games or can’t handle it to do more complex thinking find nothing wrong with the dungeons.dungeons are now brainless zerg, die, run, zerg, die, run time sinks with totally no feel around it and lack any need of real tactics.seriously, if i would invest any time it it i could learn my dog to play these dungeons for me NOT KIDDING.So yeah pls ignore all negative feedback about the dungeons, there is nothing wrong with it. Special people need their challenge too.

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

The difficulty is not the problem – difficult is good.

What is the problem is that dungeons are not imaginative, encounter mechanics are “cheap” and simplistic. That’s what the problem is.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

so a lot of bossfights aren’t melee-unfriendly or just plain suicide trying to dodge stuff when you can’t see any circles under all the effects or trying to see a move the boss telegraphs in that big shiny explosion of light?

My friend can solo tank mobs in AC explorable. In fact it made the dungeon so easy, we cleared it in like an hour with no wipes. Maybe they need to nerf guardians… Or maybe more guardians/warriors could learn to appreciate the usefulness of a defensive spec and a mace/shield and 2H hammer.

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

My friend can solo tank mobs in AC explorable. In fact it made the dungeon so easy, we cleared it in like an hour with no wipes. Maybe they need to nerf guardians… Or maybe more guardians/warriors could learn to appreciate the usefulness of a defensive spec and a mace/shield and 2H hammer.

Yeah I believe you. Especially with the aggro mechanics in this game. Mmhmm.

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Í’ve only done storymode AC and i think i found it one of the hardest dungeons i have ever done in any mmorpg. That said tho i think that once i’m higher level and have my traits specced well, explorable should be no problem. People think they can run the dungeon when they are 35.

Posted by: Drakos.3510

Drakos.3510

Dungeons are probably fine. Players probably need to learn their class mechanics more, and need to stop gearing glass cannon builds.

I don’t think anyone has enough information or experience yet to make a “dungeons are broken” call. All we can observe is that the bulk of the playerbase is woefully unprepared for the difficulty increase dungeons present (right now)- and part of that stems from how much nonsense they’re allowed to get away with in the regular game as well as general inexperience with needing to control enemies, wear toughness or vitality gear and actually cleanse conditions and interrupt powerful attacks.

Most of you couldn’t name your interrupt skills or condition cleansing abilities or traits.

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

Í’ve only done storymode AC and i think i found it one of the hardest dungeons i have ever done in any mmorpg. That said tho i think that once i’m higher level and have my traits specced well, explorable should be no problem. People think they can run the dungeon when they are 35.

You realize for AC explorable you’ll always be scaled down to 35 correct?

Yeah you retain your traits but they don’t make that huge of a difference.

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

You also retain your gear, which even tho your stats are scaled down, they are scaled down to a higher notch. They are not scaled down to a default. So, better/higher lvl gear will help tremedously as well.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

dungeons are fine and I did tons of dungeons, already got 4 pieces of dungeon exotics.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: HellHound.5480

HellHound.5480

False.

Did 2 of the 3 paths in AC explore (Charr path, then Asura path) and forgot to bring ranged weapons. Ended up doing them as a greatsword / mace + shield guardian the entire time just fine as long as you use the teamwork, tactics, and skills correctly.

Please see my other thread.

Posted by: HellHound.5480

HellHound.5480

Also this ^

Posted by: Mirodir.1672

Mirodir.1672

You realize for AC explorable you’ll always be scaled down to 35 correct?

Yeah you retain your traits but they don’t make that huge of a difference.

I dare you to run AC explorable once with traits and once without.
Come back to the forums when you realize traits to make a huge difference.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Lvl 80, completed many dungeons, farming my sets, Love them!

You wont spam 1 key and complete your dungeons here. Learn to roll. If you have 100% power, precision, critical damage YOU WILL GET ONE SHOTTED.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Some of the dungeons are fine, some are not fine.

It’s pretty normal for it to be soon on a recently released title.

AC – Probably a little bit too hard, not much
CM – Too easy if anything
TA – Fine except for Faolain, which could use some toning down
SE – Fine except for the golem that heals by eating conditions, need to increase the CD on that
CoF – Seemed fine, though the weaponmaster was brutal
HoW – The bird swarm could use some damage tonedown, since there’s no real way to avoid the damage reliably
Arah – Fine, probably the best tuned of them all.

I feel like I missed one in there somewhere.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

CoF – Explorable – option 2 is a joke. Its near a exploit.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: ledzep.9504

ledzep.9504

Ive done all of ac/cm explorable/story and its not too hard. Some group failed horribly and kept saying it should be easier and some group rocked these place. If you go with 4 other people that never did it, its going to be hard. But once you get the trick to them its easier.

If you dont enjoy the difficulty of explorable you should do story mode. They should not nerf the difficulty just so some people feel better about beating the hardest stuff.

Some of them need tweaks but the overall difficulty should not be easier.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Also this ^

Also this^
i was running mace/shield axe/mace with my warrior but ill try it with a hammer.
i felt i was too defensive with at just mace/shield. axe/ deals decent damage with some utility. mace offhand has a 1200 range pass through knockdown.
hammer takes some skill to use and not just make things more chaotic.

Dont go into AC with sub level armor. all blue is ok. get a full set of at level gear.

i went into ac at first with my warriors bad gear that i was saving up ’cause it worked in PvE and it had cool magics.

when i was discovered dungeons owned me i bit the bullet and ditched the sub level gear and bought a full set of at level gear off the market. which was all in all about 10 silver including the runes and sigils.

i know its not easy. the idea of ill have to do again in a few levels and what not. but no that isnt the case. i can use this armor set for AC story mode as long as i want to it seems. I get a level about every run through story mode.

the flashy lights making it hard to see whats going on… i have experienced this too. the visual chaos can be intense and that is an issue. not all classes do it but some have crazy sight blocking graphics. made need a house rule on some of those.
a few things.
dont fight in cramped spaces.
get a feel for the mobs timing. you have a few seconds of block.
after that? get behind the mob.
strafe a lot to see if the mob is tracking you. hopefully the light show is happening from a distance.
But… i am a noob. i have maybe 8 AC story mode runs and 1 AC EM. would have more if not for that accursed dungeon grouping bug.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

let me guess, you’re stacked glass cannon with 0 points in your defensive tree line?