arah p1 solo thief

arah p1 solo thief

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: arrow kelvin.2075

arrow kelvin.2075

I need some advice on how to beat the Crystalline Entities, I just keep failing and failing @ them…

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

According to a friend, he used the signet of Malice, Shadow Refuge and Dagger Storm to help him sustain at 8 stacks of debuff.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

maybe I should try dagger storm, I used it as a reflect for the turrets anyways, maybe it will help me again ^^. And I guess sword as weapon, cuz of cleave…

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: orgraal.9856

orgraal.9856

yeah, try just circlestrafing inside the fields and never stand still. (pop invis and) get out if your health drops too low. try candied dragon roll as food for more sustain.

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You could try Mango Pies, but I’m not sure whether 85 HP/sec will make a difference.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

sbow, caltrops (for cripple), malice, dagger storm, and heal on crit food is what i used and it wasn’t too hard. Other utilities are for preference (I personally prefer dodge signet and sr). You can also use the new trait that heals on crit. I tried again recently and without the trait, I was able to easily survive at 16 stacks of sun (until they all died). Bet you could get even higher with the trait.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

sbow, caltrops (for cripple), malice, dagger storm, and heal on crit food is what i used and it wasn’t too hard. Other utilities are for preference (I personally prefer dodge signet and sr). You can also use the new trait that heals on crit. I tried again recently and without the trait, I was able to easily survive at 16 stacks of sun (until they all died). Bet you could get even higher with the trait.

with full zerk?

arah p1 solo thief

randomfightfan.4091

with full zerk?

yes

Also I tried with s/p but it just didn’t work out well… died very fast

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

it ind. went better when I tried SB the last time I tried it, but can’t now cuz I"m in wvw with friends, I’ll let you guys know how it went when I try it again thnx for all the advice

arah p1 solo thief

randomfightfan.4091

it ind. went better when I tried SB the last time I tried it, but can’t now cuz I"m in wvw with friends, I’ll let you guys know how it went when I try it again thnx for all the advice

no worries. Don’t forget to dodge through the masses when they get close. It keeps them still for a bit and gives you space if you do it right.

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: Spoon.3907

Spoon.3907

With the new trait (invigorating precision) you can get up to 25 stacks of light relatively easily (although unnecessary). Just put on the trait + malice and attack all of them at once and detonate the occasional clusterbomb to heal you until you hit about 12 stacks then daggerstorm and they will all die.

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

I’ve been able to kill them ^^ thnx for all the help.

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

-,- it went so good this morning but now I’m trying it again and it’s such an epic fail -,- for some kind of reason my dagger storm doesn’t want to hit anymore…

Edit:80% of my hits when I use dagger storm hit them invulnerable… why?

(edited by arrow kelvin.2075)

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

I figured out a good way to do the entities, what’s the most forgiving thief build for lupi? cuz I’m not really got at lupi

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

D/D + S/P (phase 1 locusts), withdraw, 15 in acrobatics. Faceroll.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

So I just roll my face on the keyboard and then I will randomly dodge and still survive? AWESOME

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

-,- it went so good this morning but now I’m trying it again and it’s such an epic fail -,- for some kind of reason my dagger storm doesn’t want to hit anymore…

that means you are proccing conditions on them. they’re invulnerable to conditions.

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

that means you are proccing conditions on them. they’re invulnerable to conditions.

Yeah… I already thought that was it cuz they didn’t get crippled etc. Thnx for the response

arah p1 solo thief

randomfightfan.4091

I figured out a good way to do the entities, what’s the most forgiving thief build for lupi? cuz I’m not really got at lupi

Most forgiving would be 2-0-6-6 because of all the toughness and heals. Most effective would be 5-6-0-3 to do it in a quarter the time.

Also using sword for p2 and p3 make it pretty nice for escaping the projectile aoe, circle drain, and bubble (if you ever get caught in it). If you want to do lupi in a quarter the time though, try using daggers and use shadowstep for any bubble/bad situation aoe, roll for ini for circle drain, and smoke screen for p2 aoe. I don’t suggest using this build cause it’s just not my preference but it’s forgiving.

arah p1 solo thief

arrow kelvin.2075

the problem I’m having with lupi is that I’m to busy evading him and dealing with the locusts swarms that I barely hit him.

Edited some typo’s

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Sword + Pistol- cleaves locusts and lupi, if he spawns too many at once you can always back up a small bit so he can’t kick you.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Sword + Pistol- cleaves locusts and lupi, if he spawns too many at once you can always back up a small bit so he can’t kick you.

That’s actually something I would never do in that situation. If he cannot kick you, he will spawn locusts every 2nd attack.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

arah p1 solo thief

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

That’s actually something I would never do in that situation. If he cannot kick you, he will spawn locusts every 2nd attack.

The delays are roughly the same. Kiting 8 or more locusts while attacking the boss if you get terrible rng can be frustrating for players new to the fight.

Defeated by packet loss.