ascended stuff is a mess

ascended stuff is a mess

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

No, you have pretty much everything wrong. I may not be expressing myself perfectly so here in a nutshell:

No, I have not like many others have proven to you now. I will repeat some things because you are not only wrong, you are terribly wrong!

Ascended armor is now for all intents and purposes going to be required for raids which is the only real endgame content we have (until WvW gets really fixed which I am not hopeful about).

No it is not! Full exotic armor is enough. You get asc trinkets via log in and weapons are the one who are bringing most of the -difference + they aren’t that expensive.
They taught you here in this forum that asc armor is just 2
addition, so it is absolutely not necessary if you are in exotic armor, asc weapon + asc trinkets and have over 1 minute of time left. It was my third raid kill in these conditions not like the automated ones now. Look at the full time you have on the bosses and you maybe understand that your assumption is wrong.

Yes, you can have one or two people in your party with exotics, and at least one elite group have done exotic only runs to prove it can be done, but even they don’t recommend it.

You haven’t even understood the whole video. And they don’t recommend for first timer to do it like them. It was not only full exotics, they also had a gold limit that reduced other possibilities like bufffood as well.
Again: since asc weapons and trinkets are pretty much easier to get, not to speak from exotic armor, no ascended armor is required to be successful in raids.

The cost of making ascended armor whether before or after the patch means that for a very large percentage of the playerbase, only one ascended set is going to be practically attainable in a reasonable timeframe. This means that no matter what, most players are locked into a specific armor class and specific armor stats. Many of us have at least 2 sets of exotic armor per toon with different runes and stats to allow for some situational build diversity. Reduced build diversity is not good for anyone.

There is no reduced build diversity in raids at the moment, read the massive amount of threads and posts here in this forum. Asc is still not required, I repeat myself one more time, so the argument of the possibility to have only one asc armor is not given. I by myself have 3 armors, 2 heavy and 1 light, not more. I am perfectly fine because I don’t have to play all classes, all races, thousands of builds and so on. That’s even kitten because you are lacking so much skill in playing all classes that you, as a beginner, won’t even succeed in raids and be a burden in higher fractals if you don’t have a main class. It’s like the old LoL thing:
Player 1: “Do you know how to play this champion?”
Player 2: “No, it’s my first time.”
Player 1: “Dude, it’s a ranked game. Stop doing that.”
Player 2: “Hey come on, it’s fine. They are all like the same.”
—> 5 Minutes later
Player 2 is 0-xx and responsible for the loss of the whole team.

Go build your first asc armor for your main char, I recommend zerker or condi. With both it’s absolutely fine to play raids and high fractals. If you need diversity, you can change the armor to the same weight class, you can change the stats or in the end, you go for your second asc armor like every other player is doing after a decent amount of time.

If you find a group to run the over 50s, which based on the in-game LFG system is very hit or miss.

There are enough groups for fractals 50+. Most often you will see 56-67-77 because that are the easiest for the majority of players.

I’m not a big fan of hamster wheel game mechanics, which is why I have always prefered WvW. I’ll think about crafting a legendary if a precursor drops, I am not going grind out a thousand this and thats and dump hundreds of gold to get one. I think it’s wrong that after spending the time and or gold to craft or acquire ascended armor that it should be a limitation on how I would like to play GW2. You are fine with it, ok. You probably already have a lot of ascended gear, so this conversation is largely irrelevant for you, except you might think my idea would devalue your multiple sets of ascended armors…. it’s tough to be the 1%.

Like I said, I have 3 armors and I am not one of the 1%. Never ever. I don’t grind hard for gold. I play for fun + gold because some content is nicely brainafk after a hard day of work. I haven’t grinded any of the “grind collections” till today – I hate them and the long completion route with special targets is totally unalluring for me.
I haven’t grinded for my asc armors or my 4 legendaries, just played stuff in the game I like very much and from day to day I was checking my bank to have an overview of my progress towards those things.
Ok, I play since 6 months after release but hey, everyone who is starting a game that has been out for a decent time has (starting) problems like you are claiming. This is nothing exquisite to GW2. If you don’t want to accept the difference between veterans having all kind of stuff and newer naked players there is an option for you: Buy gold via gem store and get your asc armors in a few minutes.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Stuff and you know, and stuff….

There are enough groups for fractals 50+. Most often you will see 56-67-77 because that are the easiest for the majority of players.

Vince, you really aren’t getting my points here, just sayin. However, on the above comment, for my playtimes which are usually weekdays 8-10:30ish est and weekends mostly early during the day, there really haven’t been any >50 fractal LFGs or LFMs or whatever you want to call them. I’ve run the adept and vet chests pretty much every single day for the last 2 weeks, not a single champ chest. I usually log in, wait 10min or so for a listing… none, then do the vet (there are always groups), then spend another 10 or so min waiting for a >50… none, do the under 20 and then wait another 10-15 min for a champ run…. none. After that I log. During my play times there are pretty much zero open champ chest runs… OK, so now all of you can tell me how I’m wrong, doing it wrong, thinking about wrong. Clearly I don’t know how to look for groups or use the LFG system, right? Bring it on.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

Yeah dude I run fractals allot and bring in people with no ar for quite a few 50s and 60s they do just fine.

I’ve been doing fractals since they’ve released and I was a level 34 player.

I do fractals high levels on my Alts who have no ar and 1-2 pieces of ascended gear. No armor. In fact my Mesmer runs rare gear.

If you really think fractals are a mess now you have no idea what you are saying.

I think that you need to look over your prioritys of being a fractal runner and how you can contribute to the group.

Survival is all that matters

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

ascended stuff is a mess

Vinceman.4572

However, on the above comment, for my playtimes which are usually weekdays 8-10:30ish est and weekends mostly early during the day

For the weekend I don’t know but on prime time in the evening from 8-10:30 there are many groups for champ chests.
If you have meant morning, then wow dude. It’s a game played by kids who are going to school, students that are either sleeping or going to college, university and the majority of older people is going to work in the early morning. Are you really surprised then that there are only few groups. In EU there are guaranteed groups for the higher daily fractals from noon till midnight.
It’s getting more and more hilarious!

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

ascended stuff is a mess

Tspatula.9086

Yeah dude I run fractals allot and bring in people with no ar for quite a few 50s and 60s they do just fine.

I do fractals high levels on my Alts who have no ar and 1-2 pieces of ascended gear. No armor. In fact my Mesmer runs rare gear.

If you really think fractals are a mess now you have no idea what you are saying.

I think that you need to look over your prioritys of being a fractal runner and how you can contribute to the group.

You reading comprehension could use some work, I don’t think you understand anything I have posted so far, regardless of how ranty any of it was. But thank you for whatever your comments mean.

However, on the above comment, for my playtimes which are usually weekdays 8-10:30ish est and weekends mostly early during the day

For the weekend I don’t know but on prime time in the evening from 8-10:30 there are many groups for champ chests.
If you have meant morning, then wow dude. It’s a game played by kids who are going to school, students that are either sleeping or going to college, university and the majority of older people is going to work in the early morning. Are you really surprised then that there are only few groups. In EU there are guaranteed groups for the higher daily fractals from noon till midnight.

Could you translate that for me, you know, into really dumbed down terms because frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Also you do realized that YOUR timezone is only one of many, right? That’s why when I specify a certain time, I also provide the timezone with which it is associated. That way, those who read my posts can understand when I am refering to. But I certainly take your point, whatever times you are able to play this game, it is much better for you than for me in terms of finding groups for over 50 lvl fracts. I salute your ability to choose the best playing times, of course I am unable to do so, as I have a job, and a wife and a real life outside this game.

Currently, right now 2pm Est there are absolutely no over 50 fractal groups listed and I have been checking periodically over the last couple of hours. It is indeed hilarious that you are unable to comprehend that not everyone has the same experience that you do. Please continue to educate me. I need it so.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You reading comprehension could use some work, I don’t think you understand anything I have posted so far, regardless of how ranty any of it was. But thank you for whatever your comments mean.

Could you translate that for me, you know, into really dumbed down terms because frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Also you do realized that YOUR timezone is only one of many, right? That’s why when I specify a certain time, I also provide the timezone with which it is associated. That way, those who read my posts can understand when I am refering to. But I certainly take your point, whatever times you are able to play this game, it is much better for you than for me in terms of finding groups for over 50 lvl fracts. I salute your ability to choose the best playing times, of course I am unable to do so, as I have a job, and a wife and a real life outside this game.

Currently, right now 2pm Est there are absolutely no over 50 fractal groups listed and I have been checking periodically over the last couple of hours. It is indeed hilarious that you are unable to comprehend that not everyone has the same experience that you do. Please continue to educate me. I need it so.

Question, if you don’t see an LFG why don’t you make one I bet you can get a group together pretty fast that way, instead of relying on other people to form the group

ascended stuff is a mess

Vinceman.4572

Could you translate that for me, you know, into really dumbed down terms because frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Also you do realized that YOUR timezone is only one of many, right?

Well, for EU there are no really big time zone issues from London (England, 7:30 pm at the moment) to Moscow (Russia, 10:30 pm at the moment). And again I have to repeat: You have almost 12 hours per day with groups in the lfg running the champ chest dailies (50+ fractals), I doubt that there is a huge difference between EU and the NA servers. This is underlined by many players in this subforum belonging to NA and running fractals every day.
You know, you can open your own lfg and advertise a group and you could or better should identify the best times of your server. If you aren’t able to make it, try to be close to those times and even at the boundaries there will be enough groups to play with.
I won’t believe that you are so heavily excluded from the content you want to play. These are only excuses, cheap excuses and the reluctance to invest.

But I certainly take your point, whatever times you are able to play this game, it is much better for you than for me in terms of finding groups for over 50 lvl fracts. I salute your ability to choose the best playing times, of course I am unable to do so, as I have a job, and a wife and a real life outside this game.

Please stop with these excuses. Everyone of us here has a wife, a fiancé, a girlfriend, kids or a bigger family. Many have jobs, friends, do sports and more. The real life argument is a pretty bad one and if you are struggling so hard with GW2 you should either stop playing or you start to organize yourself better.

I still don’t believe you and like I stated above: Why on earth wouldn’t you open an own lfg. Most of the groups are filling so fast that you won’t even recognize them by “checking periodically”.

ascended stuff is a mess

dodgerrule.8739

The truth is simple in that after scale 50 you find it hard to get groups together fast who don’t mind doing all of them.

Look on lfg 50-75 and 75-100.

Every group bassically only runs swamp

The fact is plain and simple; you have no point to your rant. Covered every type of situation and you don’t understand

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I had this long, well thought-out, post but then realized that the OP would just complain about it like he has with everyone else who’s tried to help him. So, instead I’ll just leave you all with something more constructive:

Go Broncos!

(Not a football person, but I heard they won).

(edited by savacli.8172)

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Fractals require one set for low level a different set for high level. Up until HoT Ascended stuff wasn’t absolutely needed, now we need multiple sets AND crafting it is WAY more expensive?

I don’t even have one set of armor (I saved mats mistakenly thinking that the meta might change with HoT, instead it got more complicated and more expensive).

WvW ascended rewards are terrible… I played that mostly over the last 2 years. So now I can craft a good set of ascended for everything except high level fractals, or I can craft a good set of that, and crappy for everything else. OR I can craft a mediocre set to do everything. Honestly, at 600-800g per armor set, how many sets am I expected to craft for one of my toons in order to play all of the content in this game…..

With the advent of HoT the new fractal instabilities and raid, ascended stuff should have changable stats, but of course that would lessen the value of the stupid expensive legendary weapons and so far non-existant armor. Anet just doesn’t want me to keep playing this game, clearly.

What is there left to say that people haven’t already mentioned.
One does not require ascended gear to do WvW. One does not require ascended armor to do low level fractals. One can do 1-100 fractals running the same gear. One does not even need ascended armor for raids.

Might have gotten the wrong impression here, but isn’t this simply about you not being able to min/max your character perfectly over multiple game modes with just a single set?

ascended stuff is a mess

Tspatula.9086

Well, now that almost everyone has established that ascended armor isn’t required or needed for almost anything, I have to ask, why did you spend over 400 gold crafting it? Why would anyone spend that amount of gold for something that has so little value? And I will reiterate that given that cost, it would be far more sensible to have changeable stats and sigils. But of course, that feature will be coming in the new legendary armor, and we wouldn’t want to spoil the next big grind fest, would we?

And Vince,
I honestly don’t know what to tell you, but I have been look for ANY over 50 fractal groups for 2 weeks of which I actually found and got into one (over a week ago) for irrc 55, 66, 77 and was asked to leave when I informed the group that I only had 90 AR, which is fine, no complaints there. I now have 103 which is enough for 77. And I am not complaining about the lack of LFGs over 50, I am simply stating the facts as I have experienced things. It does seem to me that the EU servers have more people running over 50 fractals open to taking PUGs based on your statements. NA servers are fairly dead and think I am looking during what would be NA east coast prime (8pm-10:30pm) time during the week. At this rate I am probably not going to bother trying to get armor from Fractals, as it appears that the drops are for specific pieces ie. boots or gloves etc… I have all the mats I need to craft the rest of my first set, which it seems, zerk is the universal set…

Thank you everyone for your “thoughtful comments”, this is an amusing subforum.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Well, now that almost everyone has established that ascended armor isn’t required or needed for almost anything, I have to ask, why did you spend over 400 gold crafting it? Why would anyone spend that amount of gold for something that has so little value? And I will reiterate that given that cost, it would be far more sensible to have changeable stats and sigils. But of course, that feature will be coming in the new legendary armor, and we wouldn’t want to spoil the next big grind fest, would we?

Very easy to answer:

- people being OCD about having the best possible gear no matter how much sense it makes (this is probably the major one)
- people getting all the pieces they need while just playing the game (especially true for trinkets)
- no agony damage. Before HoT you couldn’t rerun swamp and ignore agony damage quite as easy. Full armor was useful for fractal 50
- people not actually doing the math and believing ascended armor gives more stats than it actually does (nope, it’s still only aproximately 2%)
- any variation of the above

From a simple cost-benefit analysis, ascended armor is absolutely not useful, you are correct about this. Then again, if people were rational beings, a lot of thigns would be very different in this world.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

To add on to Cyninja’s post, if you ever acquire ascended and they release new stats like they have been it becomes a lot cheaper to acquire those stats with ascended gear by converting stats, yes the initial investments are high. Also it allows people to min max even more especially if they have the outrageous amount of gold to make Omni infusions, but as he stated outside of this there is no huge advantage, for the armor, now for weapons and trinkets there’s a decent amount of gain for stats

ascended stuff is a mess

savacli.8172

Well, now that almost everyone has established that ascended armor isn’t required or needed for almost anything, I have to ask, why did you spend over 400 gold crafting it?

Short answer: I didn’t. I’ve been doing Fractals since release and, other than maybe a boot and a helmet, I have never crafted any Ascended armor from scratch. The current armor sets that I do own (4 full sets in total) are from boxes I’ve collected over the years through Fractal dailies and achievements.

Why would anyone spend that amount of gold for something that has so little value?

Again, I didn’t. I saved my boxes and made goals for what I wanted to make. I always prioritize getting chests/legs from boxes because they cost the most. If I really want to complete a set (mostly due to impatience) I’ll make one of the cheaper components (helmet, boots, etc). What value does ascended armor have for me? Just high level fractals. I fall under the category of “complete all the things” so I want to have a checkmark across all 100 fractal islands. Needing 150 AR, it comes out to be cheaper to acquire Ascended armor vs having to craft crazy numbers of Agony Infusions. Beyond that, I have no motivation to go out of my way for armor. The 2% damage output increase alone would not justify the cost and time invested to make a set.

I’d have to agree with Cyninja in that most players see the Best-in-Slot title and blindly go for the gear pieces not understanding what they’re putting in vs what they’re getting. Effectively, unless you have a reason (or personal goal) to go after the last sets of fractal islands there’s no reason I would recommend spending any resources on making a set of armor and instead you should just rely on the free armor from boxes. Yeah, it’ll take a month or so, but I’d much rather that alternative than wasted away gold.

For those starting from scratch I advise going for trinkets first since they’re relatively cheap. Then, I do recommend crafting your weapons since the value you get from the upgrade is quite respectable over its exotic counter part. The cost isn’t all that bad either if you’re regularly salvaging and have materials stored up. Afterwards, I’d call it quits.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

"" Why spend that amount of gold for something of so little value? ""

you spending your gold on something else???

ascended stuff is a mess

savacli.8172

"" Why spend that amount of gold for something of so little value? ""

you spending your gold on something else???

Fashion Wars. The struggle is real.

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

I thought Ascended gear was required to find a raid group, hence all the “lfr eternal full ascended zerk war/herald/dps, etc.”

But I prefer the way it is now, since I’m already full ascended and halfway on my 2nd ascended armor set, it’s a good thing Anet made it more difficult to get ascended gear because I will be on top of everyone else in full exotics! Anet keeping it that way rationally benefits me! So don’t be jealous and mad, it’s only politics and economic inequality, the rich only get richer and the rest get poorer, you mad yet?

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I thought Ascended gear was required to find a raid group, hence all the “lfr eternal full ascended zerk war/herald/dps, etc.”

But I prefer the way it is now, since I’m already full ascended and halfway on my 2nd ascended armor set, it’s a good thing Anet made it more difficult to get ascended gear because I will be on top of everyone else in full exotics! Anet keeping it that way rationally benefits me! So don’t be jealous and mad, it’s only politics and economic inequality, the rich only get richer and the rest get poorer, you mad yet?

Except that we already covered in this thread that:
- getting ascended now is actually easier than before except if you craft all of it, and even then it does not compare to ascended release prices
- you fail to show how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer except for wanting to throw out a cynical phrase which makes no sense
- you still fail to show how ascended is required

Oh wait, I see, you forgot to put in “I want free stuff” in your post. Silly me…

ascended stuff is a mess

Vinceman.4572

I have to ask, why did you spend over 400 gold crafting it? Why would anyone spend that amount of gold for something that has so little value?

We already have so many good answers to your question so I’ll try to make it short:
I just wanted to have this armor. It’s the same reason why I have made 5 legendaries, Nightfury and Winter’s Presence till today.
When I finished the completion of my first ascended armor set I wasn’t even running fractals on a regular basis. There was only one guild member that asked from day to day if we want to have a run with him. I had about 5-10 runs (1 run = 4 islands pre-HoT) per month in the level range from 1-10 or 11-20. So my rewards came from dungeon tours in far over 90% of my playtime. I didn’t need asc armor there but it was nice to have and I felt and still feel comfortable knowing I have the best stuff with me apart from omni infusions.

And Vince,
I honestly don’t know what to tell you, but I have been look for ANY over 50 fractal groups for 2 weeks of which I actually found and got into one (over a week ago) for irrc 55, 66, 77 and was asked to leave when I informed the group that I only had 90 AR, which is fine, no complaints there. I now have 103 which is enough for 77. And I am not complaining about the lack of LFGs over 50, I am simply stating the facts as I have experienced things. It does seem to me that the EU servers have more people running over 50 fractals open to taking PUGs based on your statements. NA servers are fairly dead and think I am looking during what would be NA east coast prime (8pm-10:30pm) time during the week. At this rate I am probably not going to bother trying to get armor from Fractals, as it appears that the drops are for specific pieces ie. boots or gloves etc… I have all the mats I need to craft the rest of my first set, which it seems, zerk is the universal set…

1. You can get any armor pieces out of fractals. It’s just (stupid = my opinion) rng.
2. I still doubt that NA is dead because there are so many people here from NA discussing about Mossman exploits since weeks/months and as you can see from their point of view in these discussions they aren’t running fractals in organized groups, they are using PUGs via lfg. The best thing to do is still opening an own lfg.
3. Zerk & Condi are both fine as “universal” set. But almost all PUGs are satisfied with you having enough AR. The gear isn’t really relevant in fractals nowadays because there are no DPS checks or anything else.

Thank you everyone for your “thoughtful comments”, this is an amusing subforum.

We have to thank you. People like you are the reason why it is so entertaining here.

ascended stuff is a mess

dodgerrule.8739

Hope problems are now good

ascended stuff is a mess

Tspatula.9086

2. I still doubt that NA is dead because there are so many people here from NA discussing about Mossman exploits since weeks/months and as you can see from their point of view in these discussions they aren’t running fractals in organized groups, they are using PUGs via lfg. The best thing to do is still opening an own lfg.

Well, Vince all I can tell you is that I am able to complete all the under 50 dailies very quickly. There are always copious listings on the LFG system for speed runs, and the individual dailies when I am playing. And even though I am telling you that I have logged in and run the under 50 dailies EVERY DAY with the exception of Superb Owl Sunday, for the last 2 weeks, the over 50 offerings are so limited that, again, I have not been able to run them. I have no reason to lie about it, clearly even you can admit I am not worried about saying what I think. And regardless your opinion of my posts, I don’t think you can suggest I have been dishonest in any of them.
I guess I will have to put up my own LFGs, even though I have virtually no experience with the various instabilities over lvl 50…

And I just got a headgear box in the under 20 daily chest… go figure.

We have to thank you. People like you are the reason why it is so entertaining here.

Oh Vince, Don’t sell yourself short…

(edited by Tspatula.9086)

ascended stuff is a mess

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I do know in our guild we have ppl who started playing ~2-3 months ago and now have an ascneded armor. They skipped exotics sometimes and made exotics only to get mats for ascnededs, they did the SW runs to get enough mats to get their armors most of them crafted about 50-75% themselves. 2 got a pre when forging the exotics and 1 made a legendary, the other sold his pre and bought the mats. roughly 4 or 5 ppl did so. making an armor is a lot of work yes and it will take 700 gold yes, and when playing you will make ~10-15 gold a day. So in 2-3 months you should have 600-1250 gold. which is plenty for 1 set and maybe even for 2 armors…. provided you are a bit lucky.

We do encourage ppl to be carefull with their materials. and try to hint crafting will be the place where they’ll be used and we try to show them the easiest ways to get cash and mats.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)