bring back gw1 style rare rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

For those who aren’t aware in gw1 dungeon there was a very very small chance of getting a dungeon specific weapon skin. Sure there are already unique skins but these are a set price and entirly achievable. I’m refering to unique skins only acquired from the last boss chest. In gw1 this kept dungeon addictive and gave a sense of purpose . I think it would work fine over and above the current system well.

Always in all ways

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I don’t think it’s good to create more %chance to drop rewards. The fractal rings are enough of a pain.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Don’t we have enough rng already? Besides, you can get rare unique skins tied to the dungeon. In the lands of everpresent rng aka fractals of the mists.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Why not just add a unique skin that requires 1k tokens for each dungeon? takes extra work for it but ur guaranteed to get it after putting in the effort. As an example, for the ascalon cata weps, they are like 390? I think? why not offer a more uber-crazy awesome skin version of it with more particle effects etc for 1k

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Norelation.3067

Norelation.3067

RNG can go bite a railroad spike. In D&D there is randomized loot but most adventures have rooms with specific loot. More of that, less of the RNG, please, is my opinion.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

absolutely agree with this. This what i’ve been saying since first week the game came out, it has no epic skins… now they added one, the fractal weps. But i have only once chance per 10 fractals/24h? Talk about some bs right there. I want skins such as Eternal sword from uw and not have a chance of getting it only once per day but be able to farm it if i wanted to. Every single skin was farmable in gw1, why the **** is everything made in mystic toilet in gw2 or with stupid tokens? The day they add new skins to dungeons without the joke RNG is the day dungeons will become worth running.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Don’t we have enough rng already?

The problem isn’t RNG. It’s RNG and bind on pickup being used together. Remove either and the problem of rare (low supply), desirable (high demand) loot being vendor trash goes away.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

The problem is not RNG and if gw1 was rng based or not. The problem is the RNG routine, complete junk. It’s not expected for example to run 400 fractals to get 1 fractal weapon skin, i will find easier a precursor than one of those skins lol. Or giant eye, i can make million examples. It’s how rng on this game is programmed the problem, not rng per se, every mmo have his rng, or you wouldn’t chase nothing at all more than do some predetermined tasks and bored leave.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Personally I liked FoW and UW style, finding valuable materials unique to the area.

If you want to grind for rng loot drops go play diablo imo. GW was never about that.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

No thanks! I want reliable rewards when I complete something, a la Domain of Anguish style. Skip the random drops please!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Please note if you like rng or not it doesn’t mean you MUST get it , it means of you want to run a dungeon 200 you may get a weapon not many other people have. Again this doesn’t mean you have to achieve it you simply have more options than just a linear token system how will it hurt anyone to have these kinds of things added

Always in all ways

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Well there are rare ring recipes and chances of precursor dropping from the chests. But i agree the RNG sucks in this game.