but how do I "fractal"??

but how do I "fractal"??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

So after a few observations based on my experience pugging, attempting solos, and ultimately duoing arkk.
I can tell you that this is not a matter of “learn to play”, but a matter of “learn to look up mechanics when in doubt.”
This is not the gw2 of the past where you can simply wing it and be fine. In fractal 25, 50, 75, and 100 knowing the mechanics is not just advised, but REQUIRED.
Not knowing what to do when you have a bomb on you will wipe a party if they don’t know either.

The next thing you can do is bring a dedicated healer friend along.
I cannot even begin to describe how good a magi healing class is. Make a mistake? Fail a mechanic? Just stack up and suddenly it’s all good.

The biggest thing that wipes people at arkk, at least in my time with the pugs, is screwing up the orbs and failing or totally ignoring the bombs. There’s also several people who completely seem to miss what the eye mechanic does, sometimes even when it’s explained to them.

My duo vs ark had me on condi rev, and my friend on magi druid. We both made so many mistakes, but ultimately killed it due to heals from him and to a less extent my own life siphon from devastation and the jalis hammers keeping us able to recover from botched mechanics.

Long story short: L2P optional, L2Wiki not optional for advanced difficulty bosses like this.

Final note: I want you all to know, there are even more punishing mechanics that are poorly explained in game for some other mmos that have MUCH worse wiki’s than guildwars 2 has. In one instance there was an instant wipe mechanic.. the wiki didn’t even have the BOSS ON IT.
Our community has such invaluable, and potent resources at our disposal. Using them is not only easy, but will make your life SO much easier in all areas of the game in which you play. Promise.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

but how do I "fractal"??

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Is it so wrong if the group wipes a few time before you get to undersrand how certain mechamics work and how they need to be dealt with?

but how do I "fractal"??

Murdock.6547

It’s not, but that’s not what I witnessed.
Players who don’t want to learn, or aren’t even in the mindset to learn (as stated, some of our pugs still failed mechanics after them being explained to them) are going to wipe the party. And in more than a few instances, they kept wiping us until they finally died in the first or second phase and we would clear after that.

but how do I "fractal"??

zealex.9410

Ok so some ppl dont want to learn. Thats fone for them i suppose of you want a better result tell them that they arent what you are looking for kick them and get some one better.

but how do I "fractal"??

Murdock.6547

But then they’ll never learn for sure.
All I want is for people to learn and improve. I’m fine with teaching, but I’m not okay with seeing and hearing about all of the people who will not even attempt to clear fractal 25, and are actively trying to have mechanics in fractals watered down and easy to ignore due to their infrequency or lack of meaningful punishment for failing.

but how do I "fractal"??

zealex.9410

But then they’ll never learn for sure.
All I want is for people to learn and improve. I’m fine with teaching, but I’m not okay with seeing and hearing about all of the people who will not even attempt to clear fractal 25, and are actively trying to have mechanics in fractals watered down and easy to ignore due to their infrequency or lack of meaningful punishment for failing.

I dont have an issue with ppl that want to imrpove i can spend time with them and teach them about stuff. But i dont really have tolerance for ppl who just dont want to improve. Anet made this fractals to please those who wanted harder t4’s and that wont change. If ppl dont wonan do them they can ignore them or buy them.

Much like they did with dungeons back in the day. If they dont respect other ppl’s time and expect to be carried through the content then i have little respect for them.

If someone doesnt want to improve or have the time to do so you cant change that.

(edited by zealex.9410)

but how do I "fractal"??

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t understand what you’re asking for at all. While T1/Shattered is tuned too high (and is getting fixed), I don’t see anything about the entire fractal that isn’t learned by “winging it”, just the same as every other fractal.

It’s been out less than month, so of course there are people who find it “too difficult,” just as people claimed that the original swamp was too hard when it launched or mai trin when she arrived or the new swamp when it was revamped.

All of those have mechanics that cause wipes if people don’t understand the mechanics. All of those mechanics can be learned by trial & error. All of that trial & error can be reduced by chatting with other people, including reading their thoughts on the wiki.

tl;dr L2P required, wiki optional
that’s easy for some; difficult for some; and incredibly difficult for some, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”