cant decide what is best for support buffing?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

Not even sure if this is a play style, but eh figure ask anyways.
I finally tried an open world raid (the jungle wurm and teq) and I loved the panicked running around, was not really with an group officially just was in the area and decided to see what the giant group was about, so I figured the safest bet was more support, So I used a mix of turrets and potions, so for example if someone went down I through a revive potion, and summoned my supply packs to deal with the smaller wurms and summon bandages.

Anyways I really enjoyed trying to run around and make everyone fight better, normally druid healer in other games, and I know being a dedicated healer isnt as much of a thing in this game but I was wondering what everyone things on being more of a buffer support character and what works best at that. I really like the engie potion chucking but for allies it is a bit random.

Posted by: Cuddles.5724

Cuddles.5724

Rev currently provides the best offensive support. Druid is a close second. Engineer isn’t anywhere on that list, unfortunately. That being said, if you like it, go ahead and do it in open world stuff. That’s all easy enough that it doesn’t matter.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I thought warrior and mesmer(chrono) were the best offensive support
and then druid, and then rev, and then every other class that doesn’t have unique buffs

(edited by reikken.4961)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Warrior is the easiest support to offer. Druid is almost as easy as warrior for offering support. Mes is very easy too, you just need to have better timing.

Rev is really easy to offer offensive support, but it’s not exactly strong relative to war/ranger/mes.