cliffside boss phase 2 - discussion/tactic

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

So since the latest fix (damaging seal with aoe) this fractal got a lot of harder but is still possible. By far the hardest of the 7 runs now.
So whats about the boss?

He got 3-4 phases
phase1:
Just as before, some necro like fields that cause agony. Heavy hitting melee attacks and a strong charge – easily possible with ranged attacks, spike melee dmg and/or some aegis/stabi etc

- lots of mobs are spawning, charging hammer, seal is damageable for 1 hit of the hammer
- 5s stun after seal gets hit so better get stabi or stealth ready like if you enter phase 1

phase2:
- same necro fields with agony
- same melee damage
- a huge screenwide light that causes agony but easily possible to dodge – he spams it a lot
- lot of bullet reflecting

So, whats to do at this phase? You can barely attack ranged due to the reflect and if you go to melee you will probably die to the fields and his hard melee hits. Not to forget the rest of the mobs if you didnt kill them.

phase 3+4:
Easily possible if you cleaned the mobs. Couldn’t even notice agony hits only in close combat a bit. Kite him and you can almost sleep while killing. Only 2 “bone friends” are spawning rather often, but they die freaking fast.

So all in all this guy is possible to kill but its hard to defeat the phase2. Anyone got an advise here? Couldn’t really get any well working strategy yet. Managed to kill him because he didn’t reset but that shouldn’t be the solution.

btw. the Seal seems to always reset after a full wipe while the boss doesn’t. Therefore he continues his phase4 as long as the seal is killed.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I’ll do this fast as I am at work on a phone but u hit him down to 75 % then jump off the cliff. Go back and melee next phase if u have it. If you’ve ever fought alpha its pretty much the same as that. Just full on dps down to 50. Sig of stamina if your a war. At 50 grab hammer and run around corner to the spot u would jump off to wipe. Clean up trash. Have someone with stun break to hammer seal then run back to the corner and pull boss. From there it’s just easy rinse n repeat, down him and take hammer kill one with hammer, hit seal, stun break and then back to the corner to attack him again.

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

We had a hard time doing it on 29 yesterday, we don’t even want to imagine on tier 4 now that we reached 30.

Phase 2 was a pain, in addition to mobs not despawning inbetween each phase. If you try to clean them before hitting the seal, they will just respawn. What we did is lure him away from them, to the side(the area north of the seal), so we only have to deal with one thing at a time. Unlike left and right arm seals, mobs do not heal the final seal.

The light is dodgable, he charges it, about 1.5s cast time I believe and has a range of like 900 to 1200. The main problem is that he cast it like every 5s..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Restart when you get cliffside. Its much faster then trying to go through it, even if it is your last fractal. At least this is what we do at 40+

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Unlike left and right arm seals, mobs do not heal the final seal.

Does he heal it then? Because for my group it was healing.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Just done it on 30. We found out that he use his flash agony aoe(phase 2; 75-50% HP) right after his pull. Things became a lot easier afterward. We still pulled him to the side we used last night.

The seal isn’t healing for us Ansultares.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

Did this again today, he bugged out dropping his Hammer at 75%, only for no Cultist to spawn at all! Was rather awkward, lucky we had a Necro in party that could hit the symbol for 25 damage… it took an ungodly amount of time to break the symbol but it broke and we finished the event.

Kinda frustrating, we use to do this event properly, and never exploited it, only to have it fixed because of exploiters, breaking it even more than it was before, at least before you could do the thing properly.

BUG
The skill that still hits it, is the Vampiric trait (15 in blood), hits it for 25. I guess you can remove this from working as well at some point, but please do fix the issue with this entire event, it is rather frustrating, I’m sure you are working on it already and I am sure you understand how frustrating this is as players your selves.

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

Seems like if you ever wipe once he will be always in the last phase. During last phase he will follow you even until the entrance of the dungeon. So could just pull him back to the hallway. In this way you will not aggro respawning mobs. Then pull mobs into the hallway, aoe much easier.
The agony light has a range surely shorter than 1200. I seldom got hit.

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Restart when you get cliffside. Its much faster then trying to go through it, even if it is your last fractal. At least this is what we do at 40+

My group did this for lvls 25, 26, makes the runs sooo much faster when you manipulate the fractals that you will encounter, especially because it is easy to do given you can only do a fractal once before the cycle repeats and reshuffles.

First one we had swamp, water, and ice

2nd ascalon, swamp, asura

We wanted to skip colossus, shaman and dredg, both times – wasn’t too hard at all! :P

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

I’ve posted a successful strategy for the Colossus Fractal here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Colossus-Fractal-Successful-Completion-Strat/first#post926017

Of course if your team never GETS the Colossus Fractal during a run, that is a viable strategy as well :P